Page 644 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346406416426436446456466476486546947441144 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 20771

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Honestly Infinity being an "event" was more of a Marvel marketing department ploy than anything else. It's seamless with the rest of Hickman's run, basically just middle chapters in a very large story. Secret Wars was able to be more of a real event coming at the end of the run and slightly shifting the focus characters-wise. Regardless this is one of the ten best Modern (post-bankruptcy) Marvel runs/stories so if you're used to just picking up event books the quality will be far superior.

It's safe to assume there will be two or three volumes total, depending on if they decide to include the non-Hickman written Avengers World title. Secret Wars' inclusion is also currently up in the air and I think it could go either way.

There were so many battleworld/war zones Secret Wars titles that I'm not sure they'd ever go the separate omnibus route but you never know. Also unfortunately most of them were terrible.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll probably pick the first omni next month if still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    regarding all the Ant-Man posts (love the Ant-Man love around here lately!) For Pym, remember he was "Scientist" Pym in West Coast Avengers. He was really cool in that. Although the omnis are way out of print and overpriced, that'd be your most complete way of getting those issues.

And I highly vouch for Spencer's Ant-man run. Lang is kinda a bumbing idiot at times, and not everyone likes that interpretation, but it is a really fun read. I'm also not sure how Cassie went from teenager who seemed to be like 17-18 from Young Avengers to suddenly feeling like she's like 14/15, but whatever. It is definitely in the same vein as Spencer's Superior Foes of Spidey series. I'm hoping they will omnibus this entire Ant-Man run once the next movie comes out, that would be my top pick for an Ant-Man omnibus. I love Hank, but most of his appearances are totally scattered, and the original Silver Age series is REALLY silver age and kinda corny and a little slog to read. Spencer's series is top notch and just really fun. Not a lot of comics are FUN anymore.

And not sure if anyone mentioned it, Lang was in Fraction & Allred's FF series, which was really good. I would say the Fraction FF omni is your best bet to get those, it was clearanced and can still be found on ebay and the like for around $35. the regular Fantastic Four issues were kinda bland, but the FF issues were awesome.
    It's been a while since I've read YA and Mighty but I always thought Cassie was meant to be a bit younger than the rest of the YA team, like 14 or 15 while the others are 17-18. I think other artists just aged her a bit because they mostly draw sexy, adult women so that's just how they drew every female character (like how every other artist turns Kamala into a sexy bollywood actress/model while Alphona drew him as a cute young girl). So I think her being a bit younger in Spencer's run is consistent with how her character should be.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm surprised that even at 60% off the Dr.Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omni is still only coming in at #5 on IST Top 10 Seller list.

Also, silly question I know, do we think Marvel will do a Dr.Strange vol.2 that finishes up the Strange Tales stories. It's about 20 issues but those are 1/2 as long and only equivalent to about 10 issues of material. What could they do to stretch that out? Did Dr. Strange appear in some related titles during that time span. I'd hate to not get that run complete due to the remaining material not being beefy enough.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm surprised that even at 60% off the Dr.Strange Sorcerer Supreme Omni is still only coming in at #5 on IST Top 10 Seller list.
    I don't think it's surprising. It's not an acclaimed run or even a well-known title. I'll be getting it because I'm a 90s guy and bought all the issues surrounding Infinity Gauntlet at the time of release but it's not a book I'd go out of my way to recommend to anyone.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Also, silly question I know, do we think Marvel will do a Dr.Strange vol.2 that finishes up the Strange Tales stories. It's about 20 issues but those are 1/2 as long and only equivalent to about 10 issues of material. What could they do to stretch that out? Did Dr. Strange appear in some related titles during that time span. I'd hate to not get that run complete due to the remaining material not being beefy enough.
    I believe I remember that the collections editor that posts over at MMW forums indicated that they planned to do another few omnis for that run, and then the Englehart stuff
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I don't think it's surprising. It's not an acclaimed run or even a well-known title. I'll be getting it because I'm a 90s guy and bought all the issues surrounding Infinity Gauntlet at the time of release but it's not a book I'd go out of my way to recommend to anyone.
    And now that we know Doctor Strange is being Epic collected I am going to go that route to get those issues.

You are forgetting the "X-Universe" book which took place during the event and should have been included in the main omnibus.
    X-Universe doesn't have any X-Men characters in it and it's non-essential to the main plot. Cuts had to be made, AOA's page count was probably the largest Omni at the time.

Spectacular Member

Kinda shocked this is out of stock at InStockTrades, wonder if its going out of print after 2 years. I should try to buy the Civil War mega box this year.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...E-HC/JAN150885

Hi, guys. Is cheapgraphicnovels.com as reliabe as IST re: books condition/ packing/ international shipping?

Thanks.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hi, guys. Is cheapgraphicnovels.com as reliabe as IST re: books condition/ packing/ international shipping?

Thanks.
    I shopped with CGN for many years. They pack well domestically, though not in as detail oriented way as IST. I've had similarly few issues with condition from them both (two returns each in years of shopping).

However, CGN is ultimately an overworked retail store and they just don't have the scale of communication / processing / customer service that IST does.

As an example, I've had CGN randomly hold my order for weeks and when I poked them they'd say, "Oh, it turns out XYZ book was backordered even though we had it on the site, so we've been waiting to see if we can get new ones." IST certainly does some restocking, too, but they indicate that visually on their order status page and are easier to reach and receive a response from with questions.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Thanks.
    Every time ive ordered from them, the books have arrived damaged. They then demand that i pay to have them shipped back and replaced, and offer no refunds. So no, nowhere near IST.
    Cyclops was right

Has anyone had their hands on the Avengers Hickman omnibus? I assume it's been placed in a specific order by Hickman but if it's not then I'll stick with the OHCs.

Dazed and Confused

Thanks.
    In my experience, no. I'd avoid them like the plague.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Thanks.
    I've ordered from them maybe 15 times for a total of 50 books. Never had any damage. IIRC they wrap the books up in a couple layers of plastic bags with crumpled newspaper encasing the books. Not as good as the foam used by IST/DCBS, but much better than something like Amazon. It was good enough to get my books to me undamaged. Not sure about international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I've ordered from them maybe 15 times for a total of 50 books. Never had any damage. IIRC they wrap the books up in a couple layers of plastic bags with crumpled newspaper encasing the books. Not as good as the foam used by IST/DCBS, but much better than something like Amazon. It was good enough to get my books to me undamaged. Not sure about international shipping.
    I've ordered from them only a few times. Books came through ok, but 2 out of probably 5 total orders had the wrong books in them. I stopped using them after that.