Astonishing Member

All but announced has just been announced.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 08-11-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Reprints announced:

2. Avengers by Hickman Vol 1
    3. X-Men (Silver Age) Vol 1
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by JMS Vol 1
    6. Avengers by Hickman Vol 2
    7. Darth Vader by Gillen
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Vol 2

Omar has all but announced that 1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants is getting a reprint as an omnibus.

War of the Kings is what I'm waiting on right now. If Immortal Iron Fist is reprinted, do you want the original mapping or an expanded mapping to include the Duane Swierczynski material?
    I'm also waiting for immortal iron fist (and secret warriors), but considering the current situation I think it's not a priority for marvel. About expanding the material, it would be great but I doubt marvel will do it.

Mighty Member

With the way Marvel has been releasing/re-releasing/expanding their X-Men OHC/omnibus line, we're getting near the point where we should be seeing them do *something* with re-releasing the material around the 2nd Lee/Claremont omnibus, right? We're UXM v5 and New Mutants v3 away from being caught up to X-Tinction Agenda, I think (but please correct me if I'm missing something).

I know Bishop's Crossing is the next Epic, but that's a hard to find OHC. Maybe pair it with X-Cutioner's Song for a full omnibus sized release? Is there anything needed to augment an X-Tinction Agenda OHC re-release (that seems super rare right now, too)?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Reprints announced:

2. Avengers by Hickman Vol 1
    3. X-Men (Silver Age) Vol 1
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by JMS Vol 1
    6. Avengers by Hickman Vol 2
    7. Darth Vader by Gillen
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Vol 2

Omar has all but announced that 1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants is getting a reprint as an omnibus.

War of the Kings is what I'm waiting on right now. If Immortal Iron Fist is reprinted, do you want the original mapping or an expanded mapping to include the Duane Swierczynski material?
    I would definitely want the extended mapping of Iron Fist, or two separate Omnibuses.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I'm also waiting for immortal iron fist (and secret warriors), but considering the current situation I think it's not a priority for marvel. About expanding the material, it would be great but I doubt marvel will do it.
    I fear the same. Marvel really don't seem to care less about Danny Rand which is a real shame. He's one of my favourite characters. I reckon the Iron Fist Omnibus would sell like hot cakes.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    With the way Marvel has been releasing/re-releasing/expanding their X-Men OHC/omnibus line, we're getting near the point where we should be seeing them do *something* with re-releasing the material around the 2nd Lee/Claremont omnibus, right? We're UXM v5 and New Mutants v3 away from being caught up to X-Tinction Agenda, I think (but please correct me if I'm missing something).

I know Bishop's Crossing is the next Epic, but that's a hard to find OHC. Maybe pair it with X-Cutioner's Song for a full omnibus sized release? Is there anything needed to augment an X-Tinction Agenda OHC re-release (that seems super rare right now, too)?
    I could see them possibly re-mapping some of the issues from the Claremont/Lee volumes into the event and reprinting as a proper X-Tinction Agenda omibus, but I don't think there's any additional or uncollected material to be mined from that period. Maybe some annual's that have yet to be reprinted in their entirety...?

X-Cutioner's Song and Bishop's Crossing are some of my favorite OHC's; not just for the material (which I love!) but because they *aren't* huge, unwieldy omnis. If they were to combine them into one fat $150 book it would probably make a lot of people who missed out happy, but I'd personally pass on it and stick with what I have.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I could see them possibly re-mapping some of the issues from the Claremont/Lee volumes into the event and reprinting as a proper X-Tinction Agenda omibus, but I don't think there's any additional or uncollected material to be mined from that period. Maybe some annual's that have yet to be reprinted in their entirety...?

X-Cutioner's Song and Bishop's Crossing are some of my favorite OHC's; not just for the material (which I love!) but because they *aren't* huge, unwieldy omnis. If they were to combine them into one fat $150 book it would probably make a lot of people who missed out happy, but I'd personally pass on it and stick with what I have.
    I'd use the opportunity to get Bishop's Crossing cheapish. The post X-Tinction Agenda collections are a bit of a mess and I think we'll see Marvel come in and clean it up a bit.

Unrelated, I die a little inside every time we get the seasonal solicitations on Edelweiss and there's no Cable and X-Force v4 (to cover post-Onslaught to Operation:Zero Tolerance). Just a little
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

RE: The "Fall of the Mutants" reprint - I'm so glad a lot of people will get to check this off of their white whale list... but could they have picked a worse direct market variant?! That Marvel Age cover is awful!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

With Fall of the Mutants reprint coming finally time to move on to wanting a reprint of Secret Wars omnibus

I'm glad people are getting stuff they missed out on with all these reprintings, but it seems like it's taking away resources from printing and putting out new stuff that's never been omnibused.

I believe Marvel did a Horror Omnibus back in 2019. Unfortunately I missed this at the time and I assume its now out of print? I hope Marvel reprints it because I love their 70's horror output.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm glad people are getting stuff they missed out on with all these reprintings, but it seems like it's taking away resources from printing and putting out new stuff that's never been omnibused.
    I disagree with this position. This not a zero sum game with a hard limit on the number of releases from Marvel. Instead Marvel is following demand and sales. When new material sells, Marvel responds by adding new releases. When reprints sell, Marvel responds by adding reprints. They do this by increasing their resources to match the market. They do not cancel new releases because of reprintings. In some cases, reprints of old volumes can make it easier to release new material. This happened with New Warriors after the first volume was reprinted.

Not only are the most wanted reprints getting released, not only are the most wanted new material getting released, but we're also seeing series like Knights of Pendragon or Handbook to the Marvel Universe getting released.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I believe Marvel did a Horror Omnibus back in 2019. Unfortunately I missed this at the time and I assume its now out of print? I hope Marvel reprints it because I love their 70's horror output.
    They’ve actually done two: Marvel Horror in 2019, Marvel Horror Lives Again in 2020. The first one is OOP, but the second can still be had for under cover.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm wondering what the title would be for a third Marvel Horror?

Marvel Horror Strikes Back
    Marvel Horror Rebirth
    Marvel Horror The Final Horror
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I disagree with this position. This not a zero sum game with a hard limit on the number of releases from Marvel. Instead Marvel is following demand and sales. When new material sells, Marvel responds by adding new releases. When reprints sell, Marvel responds by adding reprints. They do this by increasing their resources to match the market. They do not cancel new releases because of reprintings. In some cases, reprints of old volumes can make it easier to release new material. This happened with New Warriors after the first volume was reprinted.

Not only are the most wanted reprints getting released, not only are the most wanted new material getting released, but we're also seeing series like Knights of Pendragon or Handbook to the Marvel Universe getting released.
    There's still finite ressources at the printing companies used. If a given printing company have room to print 10 books per month (and arbitrary number, I have no idea what the real number would be) and Marvel want them to do 8 reprints of an omnibus, then obviously there'd only be 2 slots left for new material.

And the printing companies have other customers besides Marvel, they're not just sitting around waiting with lots of vacant production potential - so it's not a given that Marvel can just find someone else who have time.