Page 1310 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 31081012101260130013061307130813091310131113121313131413201360 ... LastLast
Results 19,636 to 19,650 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID VOL 3 (aka X-Factor Investigations Vol 2)

collects

X-Factor (2005) 40-50, 200-232, 224.1; Nation X: X-Factor (2010) 1

A fourth volume would finish up collecting this run
    30 remaining issues of this volume and then 20 from the All New X-Factor run (the one with Gambit & Quicksilver)?

Mighty Member

And I'm guessing a Spider-Man by Peter David omni coming after that.
    It'll be interesting to see if they do that, since they just started the SSM omni line.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My must buy Omnis will be:
    SA Mighty Thor vol. 4
    SA Daredevil vol. 2
    SA Uncanny X-Men vol. 5

All else goes into the "wait and see" pile now.
    I’m so torn on these, apart from X-Men which I will always go OHC, since they announced the Masterworks back to print. I am actually torn all around on keeping any of my SA Omni’s or going full in on the MMW’s. With the future of that back to print dependent on sales makes me not want to jump in, but that becomes self fulfilling that it will get discontinued. I enjoy the letter pages in the Omni even if I don’t always read them. I also never used to care about the large size, issue count wise, of the Omni’s, but have really come to appreciate the smaller chunks MMW’s are broken into. Don’t even get me started on the production quality difference. Sorry to outsource my brain on this, but you all get it. My wife tolerates my collection but would be more than happy to have her walls back from behind bookcases.
    Anyone else similarly conflicted?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    I suppose tolerates is the right word to use for my wife as well.
    However, my wife is also a school librarian.
    Her preferred book choice is don't own, loan. Check it out and return it, thus not having walls of bookshelves.
    Tolerate she does though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

UXM 5 doesn't seem to have the same issues the old Asgardian Wars ohc has, or am I mistaken?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    UXM 5 doesn't seem to have the same issues the old Asgardian Wars ohc has, or am I mistaken?
    No, the contents of the X-Men Asgardian Wars OHC/TPB are split between omnis 4 & 5. UXM v4 already had X-Men & Alpha Flight #1-2, and UXM v5 follows on with New Mutants Special Edition #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    No, the contents of the X-Men Asgardian Wars OHC/TPB are split between omnis 4 & 5. UXM v4 already had X-Men & Alpha Flight #1-2, and UXM v5 follows on with New Mutants Special Edition #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #9.
    Ahhh didn't realize they were split up. Makes sense. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Is the Absolute Carnage omnibus worth getting? I wasn't reading many comics around that time so don't know a lot about it.
    I dislike Carnage but I enjoyed the Absolute Carnage event. Probably mainly because it's quite a bit about Eddie Brock's Venom and his son Dylan. IIRC, the art was pretty good all around as was the writing for the majority of the crossovers. I did consider picking up the Omnibus but because I've decided to start cutting down on Omnibuses (already have way too many and not enough space), I decided to preorder the Donny Cates Venom Omnibus which has the main Absolute Carnage issues. It also has the King in Black event, so I also opted out from picking up the KiB Omnibus.

Astonishing Member

2 new omnis coming out in August 2023.

Both of these are new and have never been on any most wanted poll.

Mighty Member

I'd love it for someone to dig through ALL of the votes for the Annual Omnibus poll and see if more than 3 people listed either of those. I don't mind them existing or anything, and I'm happy for those that want them, but I've never seen a clamor for either.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

2 new omnis coming out in August 2023.

Both of these are new and have never been on any most wanted poll.
    Watching this video truly made me go WTF. I mean who actually asked for these books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Watching this video truly made me go WTF. I mean who actually asked for these books.
    I really liked crossgen, so I'm happy some of the stories can be republished

Incredible Member

The announced book wasn't my favorite back in the day, but the possibility that its cohorts could get an omni in late '23 or '24 is pretty exciting!!

These are all going to be some open-ended books though lol, since they never truly finished the overarching story. Perhaps sales would prompt Marvel to restart some books full-force. Most of those creators are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I really liked crossgen, so I'm happy some of the stories can be republished
    It's not that I don't like the line. It's just that out of all the series from that line that could have gotten the omni treatment the one they chose would most likely have come in dead last for me

Man, now let’s get some Ultraverse (yeah, right.. never gonna happen).