Spectacular Member

There will be a tpb coming in April so good timing in asking for that
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB210690

Mighty Member

Is there a Star Wars Dark Horse/Legends expert on here? I'm trying to figure out what all is left to appear in the Rebellion Era Epic Collections besides Shadow of the Empire and the Scoundrel's Wages one-shot. That seems . . . spare. Thanks in advance
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    There will be a tpb coming in April so good timing in asking for that
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB210690
    Mmmmm I may have to pick this up despite it not being an omnibus/ohc....

Didn't know about it, thanks!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Mmmmm I may have to pick this up despite it not being an omnibus/ohc....

Didn't know about it, thanks!
    I wouldn't procrastinate. Grell's run was too short for an omni, and after he left there were a couple of no-name writers/artists that filled in the remaining issues until the end; it's highly unlikely that material will see an omni collection. But it IS likely that this trade will go OOP relatively quickly, so get it while the getting is good!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I wouldn't procrastinate. Grell's run was too short for an omni, and after he left there were a couple of no-name writers/artists that filled in the remaining issues until the end; it's highly unlikely that material will see an omni collection. But it IS likely that this trade will go OOP relatively quickly, so get it while the getting is good!
    Why do you do this to me SJ

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Why do you do this to me SJ
    I live to serve. :-D
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Use Tales of Wonder and preorder
    Exactly this. Why stress out waiting for IST release day when you can just preorder at ToW? So much easier and ships faster, in my experience.

All-New Member

A question for the European comic collectors:
    Normally I don't preorder Omnis. I only did it few times and then ordered it in the UK.
    But now with Brexit it is no option any more.

Nowadays some of the omnis go oop really fast. So I can't wait for the prices to go down.
    Preorder prices in Germany and Europe are almost as high as the cover prices.
    There is no chance to get prices near the level of CGN.

Someone know some good online retailers in Europe?
    I don't to order from the US because of the hig shipping fee plus taxes.

Don't use Amazon whatever you do. They have been very hit and miss on fulfilling orders - even when pee ordered 6 months in advance.

I am currently using Forbidden Planet. The prices are not overly cheap - but nowhere is right now. It would appear that for now in the UK / Europe, getting omnis at 50% off cover is a thing of the past. The main concern now is whether you actually get the book at all. I went with Forbidden Planet as they have a good reputation and specifically supply to the hobby as opposed to being a general book retailer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    A question for the European comic collectors:
    Normally I don't preorder Omnis. I only did it few times and then ordered it in the UK.
    But now with Brexit it is no option any more.

Nowadays some of the omnis go oop really fast. So I can't wait for the prices to go down.
    Preorder prices in Germany and Europe are almost as high as the cover prices.
    There is no chance to get prices near the level of CGN.

Someone know some good online retailers in Europe?
    I don't to order from the US because of the hig shipping fee plus taxes.

Don't use Amazon whatever you do. They have been very hit and miss on fulfilling orders - even when pee ordered 6 months in advance.

I am currently using Forbidden Planet. The prices are not overly cheap - but nowhere is right now. It would appear that for now in the UK / Europe, getting omnis at 50% off cover is a thing of the past. The main concern now is whether you actually get the book at all. I went with Forbidden Planet as they have a good reputation and specifically supply to the hobby as opposed to being a general book retailer.
    But forbidden planet sends from UK, right? As I understand most uk-based stores stopped sending to the rest of Europe, but I haven't checked this one. Also usually the prices of forbidden planet were much higher that on Amazon, at least 20% higher. Last year I bought two omnibi from FP in order to get the direct market cover, and the prices were around 20 € higher without the shipping charges, that were also very high

In my case I'm still buying on Amazon, but since December I'm having problems with Amazon Germany (that was the cheapest but now they don't send to Spain) and France (that didn't send the she hulk by slott omnibus and looks like they're not going to do it). The biggest success I've had is with Amazon.com, but it takes really long for products to arrive

About hit and miss with Amazon, this is the first time they are failing me in many years that I've been buying my collected editions from them, and I guess it's because of covid. I've bought hundreds of volumes in the last years from them

Forbidden Planet sends from UK as well, so there will be added costs due to Brexit. Also, last I checked, they stopped shipping to mainland Europe at least temporarily.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Is there a Star Wars Dark Horse/Legends expert on here? I'm trying to figure out what all is left to appear in the Rebellion Era Epic Collections besides Shadow of the Empire and the Scoundrel's Wages one-shot. That seems . . . spare. Thanks in advance
    iFrankenstein at the MMW boards seems pretty knowledgeable about this, he posted this list of whats left to be epic'd a couple months ago. Here's what he has for Rebellion Era
    Shadow Stalker
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye #1-4
    A Valentine Story (alternate title "Breaking the Ice")
    Tales from Mos Eisley
    Rebel Heist #1-4
    The Bounty Hunters: Scoundrel's Wages
    Shadows of the Empire #1-6
    Shadows of the Empire Galoob minicomic
    Shadows of the Empire Ertl minicomic
    Battle of the Bounty Hunters pop-up comic
    The Gambler's Quest (Star Wars Kids #12)
    Entrenched (Star Wars Visionaries)
    Comics to Color: An Ewok Adventure (colorized in Star Wars Omnibus: Droids and Ewoks)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    iFrankenstein at the MMW boards seems pretty knowledgeable about this, he posted this list of whats left to be epic'd a couple months ago. Here's what he has for Rebellion Era
    Thanks, that was super helpful!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Forbidden Planet sends from UK as well, so there will be added costs due to Brexit. Also, last I checked, they stopped shipping to mainland Europe at least temporarily.
    Yeah Forbiddenplanet.com stopped sending to Europe. Maybe they will do it again after some time.
    I ordered few time from forbiddenplanet.co.uk
    But some time ago they closed their online shop. The prices were almost the same as forbiddenplanet.com

Thank you all for your replies.
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 02-01-2021 at 12:03 PM.

New Mutants and Silver Surfer omnibus are both back up on CGN

Looks like the X Of Swords hardcover is delayed. Wasn't on IST today, and Amazon has it listed as "temporarily out of stock".