Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Michael Golden's first 12 Nam issues and Doug Murray's time on the title are some of the greatest comics ever created - and it has never been given the proper modern collection respect it deserves. Those Nam comics are timeless and important. Yet Marvel keeps chugging out collections of piles and piles of 90s garbage. More power to you if you like clogging your house up with crap.
    Calm down, son. No enemies here. (I’d even consider picking up a ‘Nam collection myself.) I was just appreciating the irony of asking for an ‘80s series about a ‘60s/‘70s war while simultaneously bemoaning all of the “dated stuff.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New Marvel Omnibus announcement for 2023.

This was on the top 50 most wanted omnibus from a couple years ago, but dropped off the list the last two years.
    I'd much rather have a PAD omni or hell one for Kamala since she has a show coming up. Kamala's had OHCs but those are out of print, so a proper thick omni would've been wonderful around the D+ show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'd much rather have a PAD omni or hell one for Kamala since she has a show coming up. Kamala's had OHCs but those are out of print, so a proper thick omni would've been wonderful around the D+ show.
    I'm guessing Marvel will finish up X-Factor by PAD before doing Captain Marvel by PAD.

Kamala had one omnibus release a few years ago. There's enough material in the original G Willow Wilson run for a second volume.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This was on the top 50 most wanted omnibus from a couple years ago, but dropped off the list the last two years.
    I've only spot read these issues that I found in $1 bins in the 80s. I've also long since forgotten large chunks of the few issues I did read.
    Would be curious to get this. Wouldn't be a day one buy and I'd be happy with either cover.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I'm guessing Marvel will finish up X-Factor by PAD before doing Captain Marvel by PAD.

Kamala had one omnibus release a few years ago. There's enough material in the original G Willow Wilson run for a second volume.
    Agreed. An expanded reissuance of the first omni (which I think was less than 20 issues; kind of like how the two Fraction Iron Man omnis are really just OHCs) would have been great around this time. Perhaps Marvel will do so when the Marvels movie comes out.

Question is... do I buy the new Aaron Thor omni, or skip it and just keep the 4 OHC it collects that I already have (I think the omni has a few pages from Original Sins that's not in the OHCs, but that's not a big deal to me)?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Question is... do I buy the new Aaron Thor omni, or skip it and just keep the 4 OHC it collects that I already have (I think the omni has a few pages from Original Sins that's not in the OHCs, but that's not a big deal to me)?
    I believe the OHCs are also missing the Secret Wars Thors mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    46 (TIE) Jessica Jones New Materials
    What is this, the second Bendis run? (and OGNs?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    What is this, the second Bendis run? (and OGNs?)
    The Pulse was a 14 issue series by Bendis with JJ as the lead. Then there was the Jessica Jones series by Bendis that ran from 2016 - 2018 for 18 issues. Then there's a couple Jessica Jones OGN that are not by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Calm down, son. No enemies here. (I’d even consider picking up a ‘Nam collection myself.) I was just appreciating the irony of asking for an ‘80s series about a ‘60s/‘70s war while simultaneously bemoaning all of the “dated stuff.”
    My bad. "Dated" was the wrong word choice on my part in the first place.
    Just frustrated waiting literally decades to see The Nam get a proper, respectful collection.
    I say the same thing about DC ignoring Sgt Rock and Enemy Ace.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Captain Mar-Vell Omnibus Vol. 1 collecting: Marvel Super-Heroes (1967) #12-13, Captain Marvel (1968) #1-33, Iron Man (1968) #55; material from Not Brand Echh (1967) #9.

It's the same contents as Captain Marvel Masterworks Vols. 1-3 plus that Not Brand Echh story.

There's also a bit of an overlap with some of the Captain Marvel issues (#25-33) and Iron Man #55 with the Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Captain Mar-Vell Omnibus Vol. 1 collecting: Marvel Super-Heroes (1967) #12-13, Captain Marvel (1968) #1-33, Iron Man (1968) #55; material from Not Brand Echh (1967) #9.

It's the same contents as Captain Marvel Masterworks Vols. 1-3 plus that Not Brand Echh story.

There's also a bit of an overlap with some of the Captain Marvel issues (#25-33) and Iron Man #55 with the Thanos Wars: Infinity Origin Omnibus.
    How does the quality run throughout the 33 main issues? Is it all equally worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    How does the quality run throughout the 33 main issues? Is it all equally worth reading?
    Personally, I'm wondering whether to pick it up myself. Over on the Masterworks forum IIRC someone mentioned it being up and down

THE BEST MARVEL STORIES BY STAN LEE OMNIBUS
    Written by STAN LEE with LARRY LIEBER, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH & TOM DEFALCO
    Penciled by JACK BINDER, AL AVISON, JOE MANEELY, STAN GOLDBERG, STEVE DITKO, JACK KIRBY, DON HECK, JACK DAVIS, DICK AYERS, SOL BRODSKY, WALLY WOOD, JOHN BUSCEMA, GENE COLAN, JIM STERANKO, NEAL ADAMS, GIL KANE, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, JOHN ROMITA SR., MOEBIUS, DARICK ROBERTSON, MARCOS MARTIN & BRUCE TIMM
    Face Front, True Believers, and treasure this celebration of the incredible career of Stan Lee! More than 70 years of stories featuring dozens of Lee’s beloved co-creations — including Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, the Avengers, Daredevil and Nick Fury — all in his signature, senses-shattering style! These astonishing tales of suspense, horror, fantasy, romance, comedy, cowboys, super heroics and more prove beyond doubt that Stan is “The Man!”
    896 PGS./Rated T+ ...$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94814-6
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

WOLVERINE OMNIBUS VOL. 3
    Written by LARRY HAMA, PETER DAVID, FABIAN NICIEZA, D.G. CHICHESTER, TOM DEFALCO, HOWARD MACKIE, JIM LEE, JOHN BYRNE, SCOTT LOBDELL, RICHARD HOWELL, TIMOTHY TRUMAN & ROB LIEFELD
    Penciled by MARC SILVESTRI, LARRY STROMAN, JERRY DECAIRE, ANDY KUBERT, DARICK ROBERTSON, JOHN BUSCEMA, JOHN ROMITA JR., JIM LEE, RICHARD HOWELL, SAM KIETH, TODD FOX, JIM VALENTINO & GENE COLAN
    Covers by MARC SILVESTRI, JIM LEE & MIKE OEMING
    Larry Hama and Marc Silvestri reinvent Wolverine’s world! Logan smashes a drug ring in Madripoor, encounters the mythical Hunter in Darkness and relives the Spanish Civil War with his old pal Puck! The Reavers cook up the deadly doppelganger Albert and his explosive partner, Elsie-Dee! Sabretooth returns, convinced he’s Wolverine’s father! And determined to uncover the secrets of his past, Logan and Jubilee investigate the Weapon X facility! But as suppressed memories bubble to the surface, can Professor X and Jean Grey unlock the mysteries inside Wolverine’s head? Plus: The sadistic Cyber debuts, Mojo and Omega Red strike and Logan suffers a terrible loss! Collecting WOLVERINE (1988) #31-59, WOLVERINE: BLOODY CHOICES, WOLVERINE: RAHNE OF TERRA, GHOST RIDER/WOLVERINE/PUNISHER: HEARTS OF DARKNESS, X-MEN (1991) #4-7 and material from MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #54-55 and MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #85-108.
    1264 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94651-7
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8