Page 329 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2292793193253263273283293303313323333393794298291329 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 20767
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There been a couple titles in which the writer was still in them that got omnibus collections. Ultimate Spider-Man and more recently the Bendis version of Guardians of the Galaxy which is set to come out. I would hope the reason marvel is waiting on Thor is because it wants to do a big omnibus rather than one of 24 issues.

Be careful about saying "zero chance" with Marvel. They're very unpredictable. This is the company that thought putting out an omnibus of 1990s issue # 1's was a good idea.
    Oh, i forgot about that "proto" omnibus. Yeah and GotG would be an almost identical situation now that i think about it. I was thinking it had a clear break at Secret War, but i guess Thor did too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Kind of incredible that Aaron's Thor didn't turn up on the Omnibus survey given how much of an instant classic it has been, but I suppose that's one where there's no possible advantage over the OHCs that are already out.

It was in the Top 60

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Be careful about saying "zero chance" with Marvel. They're very unpredictable. This is the company that thought putting out an omnibus of 1990s issue # 1's was a good idea.
    So about that Sleepwalker Omni...

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Hmm. Am I wrong, or are we only getting one hole-plugging X-Men release this entire year? (The Trial of Gambit)

We got the UXM 3 omnibus, so I hardly want to complain. And I guess we're getting stuff like Inferno, Mutant Genesis 2.0, and Epic vol 2 in TPB, which were pretty needed in that format. But still, for completely uncollected stuff, just one release?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Hmm. Am I wrong, or are we only getting one hole-plugging X-Men release this entire year? (The Trial of Gambit)

We got the UXM 3 omnibus, so I hardly want to complain. And I guess we're getting stuff like Inferno, Mutant Genesis 2.0, and Epic vol 2 in TPB, which were pretty needed in that format. But still, for completely uncollected stuff, just one release?
    There was also X-Men: Gambit: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 collecting half of Gambit Vol. 3 for the first time, but for core X-Men series you are correct. This year has been much more about reprints and recollections; "The Gift" Epic was the last release of 2015.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

MY preorders please:

#50 REALM OF KINGS
    #44 TIE PUNISHER (1980'S SERIES VOLUME 1)
    #38 TIE X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (1990'S SERIES) -> I love the run but here I agree with Krisis, it's too short and most has been released. and would prefer a run that collects the isues never released on Oversized + other volumes of X-factor from the J. M. DeMatteis run
    #31 X-FORCE VOLUME 2
    #30 X-FACTOR (2008) BY PETER DAVID
    #26 GENERATION X VOLUME 1
    #24 Moon Knight by Doug Moench
    #18 Journey Into Mystery by Gillen
    #17 Ghost Rider (1973)
    #16 X-Men: Mutant Massacre Aftermath
    #15 TIE PUNISHER MAX BY ENNIS VOLUME 1
    #14 INFINITY WAR
    #8 FANTASTIC FOUR SILVER AGE VOLUME 4
    #7 EXCALIBUR VOLUME 1
    #5 Alpha Flight, Vol. 1 AKA by John Byrne
    #4 The Incredible Hulk by Peter David, Vol. 1
    #2 The New Mutants, Vol. 1 AKA by Chris Claremont
    #1 Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 4 AKA by Claremont & Romita, Jr.

maybes:
    #44 TIE KILLRAVEN
    #42 MARVEL HORROR (TOWER OF SHADOWS, ETC)
    #36 SILVER SURFER BY STEVE ENGLEHART
    #34 BLACK PANTHER by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    #29 WARLOCK (1978)
    #10 AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN

so if this was solicitations list for 2017 i'd be broke!!!
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 06-05-2016 at 07:23 AM.

ho, and 1 question :
    for last years EXCALIBUR and Alpha Flight have been gathering votes as favourites (and altough i never voted for alpha flight I love the seiries) but there seem almost forgoten today. (last related aperences were Captain Britain and MI13 and Alpha on Carol Danvers series? )

so, the question:
    What do you think are the chances Marvel wakes up to how good these series were and releases Omniboo of both without some movie or tv series to get people talking? (and by the way, would alpha be owned by Fox or Marvel? )

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    ho, and 1 question :
    for last years EXCALIBUR and Alpha Flight have been gathering votes as favourites (and altough i never voted for alpha flight I love the seiries) but there seem almost forgoten today. (last related aperences were Captain Britain and MI13 and Alpha on Carol Danvers series? )

so, the question:
    What do you think are the chances Marvel wakes up to how good these series were and releases Omniboo of both without some movie or tv series to get people talking? (and by the way, would alpha be owned by Fox or Marvel? )
    It's hard to say with Marvel. I mean just look at Peter David's hulk. It's been in the top 5 every year and Hulks one of Marvel's most hyped up heroes. Before the yearly poll was even a thing, it was one of the most talked about Omni's.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think the problem with Hulk seems to be the idea that his collections dont sell very well. His one and only omnibus got cleared, as did quite a few of his recent hardcovers like World War Hulks and the Red Hulk stuff.

Granted, that may be more quality than interest, but on paper, Marvel's reluctance to release more pricey Hulk stuff is understandable.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    It's hard to say with Marvel. I mean just look at Peter David's hulk. It's been in the top 5 every year and Hulks one of Marvel's most hyped up heroes. Before the yearly poll was even a thing, it was one of the most talked about Omni's.
    Agreed! Hulk by PD is a great run! (curious bout his captain marvel...)
    but even here i sense a direct "line of tought" between that "lack of interest from marvel" & the hulk in movies...

Hi. Don't know if it is the right place, but does anyone know if Marvel did reprints of MMW UXM volume 1 and volume 5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Oh I think that is going to happen, Ms. Marvel got one from the same time period and I think Godkiller through Lady Thor is just as worthy. Plus they seem to omni everything Aaron eventually.
    My Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol. 1 Omnibus is getting pretty lonely.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by mc77 View Post
    Hi. Don't know if it is the right place, but does anyone know if Marvel did reprints of MMW UXM volume 1 and volume 5 ?
    It depends on what you mean by "reprint."

UXM MMW Vol. 1 is itself a reprint of a 1st edition issued in 1989.

Also, there is a chance that MMW Vol. 1 as we know it from 2003 was back on press at some point (though mine, purchased way after the fact, is still a first printing).

However, aside from unannounced "back to press" 2nd printings (which I believe a handful of 2003-05 MMWs received), the only officially capital "R" Reprints were the silver age Volume 1s that appeared in a box set from Marvel in the past few years - Cap, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, FF, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and X-Men.

(Luckily, Vol. 5 is still pretty easy to come by.)

Did that help?
    Last edited by krisis; 06-05-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "reprint."

UXM MMW Vol. 1 is itself a reprint of a 1st edition issued in 1989.

Also, there is a chance that MMW Vol. 1 as we know it from 2003 was back on press at some point (though mine, purchased way after the fact, is still a first printing).

However, aside from unannounced "back to press" 2nd printings (which I believe a handful of 2003-05 MMWs received), the only officially capital "R" Reprints were the silver age Volume 1s that appeared in a box set from Marvel in the past few years - Cap, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, FF, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and X-Men.

(Luckily, Vol. 5 is still pretty easy to come by.)

Did that help?
    Yes you did.
    So as I could gather from the MM Resource Page and Wikipedia, MMW UXM vol 1 to 3 where first printed in the years of 1989-1993 and they were reprinted from 2003-2004. Then UXM 2 and 3 came back to the press in 2008 and 2009, but not UXM 1. So besides the box set that you mentioned, after 2003 MMW UXM 1 did not make a come back to the press. Right ?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    My Wolverine by Jason Aaron Vol. 1 Omnibus is getting pretty lonely.
    Apparently that book didn't sell well. Was hoping to get a second Aaron Omnibus and second Wolverine omnibus...but instead we got a Mark Millar collection :/
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg