Page 1040 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 405409409901030103610371038103910401041104210431044105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 15,586 to 15,600 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

I was told by IST that they do expect copies for the JMS Spidey variants in the future which is why I held off on buying a copy of the standard cover. I really hope I don’t come to regret that. I wanted the black Spidey variant cover but if it means I miss out entirely on a copy I would rather have just got one from the limited stock they had.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ugh. I hate when that happens. Amazon is known for this because they just toss the book in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. And definitely don't buy tpbs from them. I learned that the hard way.
    No bubble wrap at all and the shipping box had smashed corners too, so I was prepared for disappointment. The only way I get bubble protectors is when I place bulk orders and I get lucky that they ship multiple items in one box. Sometimes, I get all 5 items shipped in 5 separate boxes haha. Its luck of the draw many times

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kp404 View Post
    No bubble wrap at all and the shipping box had smashed corners too, so I was prepared for disappointment. The only way I get bubble protectors is when I place bulk orders and I get lucky that they ship multiple items in one box. Sometimes, I get all 5 items shipped in 5 separate boxes haha. Its luck of the draw many times
    I couldn't find several tpbs so I bought them off Amazon. Hadn't used them in a while. They all came bent and dinged up real bad. I was ticked. Dropped them off at Kohls and got my refund. I won't buy them on Amazon anymore.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ugh. I hate when that happens. Amazon is known for this because they just toss the book in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. And definitely don't buy tpbs from them. I learned that the hard way.
    I bought 15-20 omnibuses through Amazon, I think two or three arrived damaged but the good thing witht them is that replacement / refund is very easy.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    I bought 15-20 omnibuses through Amazon, I think two or three arrived damaged but the good thing witht them is that replacement / refund is very easy.
    What about when they go out of print instantly? Then they suck because they can't package them with care. I have about a 20% success rate with Amazon delivering an omnibus in mint condition.

Incredible Member

I'm feeling overwhelmed by collecting lately. It's an odd thing.

I had slimmed down my collection to under 100 single issues and about 8 hardcovers, because as many books as there are to love, I just like being a bit of a minimalist around the apartment.
    Now, with so many great releases, my collecting has picked back up. I tend to double-dip on nearly everything I love, so I can have one copy to save or store (partially a reason I try to keep my collection so slim). I don't know. Maybe I've forgotten why I started in the first place, but I'm really torn between the addiction of owning these books I love and feeling over-encumbered.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Questions:
    Will IST be having new releases tomorrow at 2/3pm est?
    If so what will those be?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Default Release dates changing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Questions:
    Will IST be having new releases tomorrow at 2/3pm est?
    If so what will those be?
    So as of today, Amazon shows Byrne She Hulk Omnibus and Cloak and Dagger Omnibus releasing in November 2020. That’s recently changed. Cheapgraphicnovels still shows April 14 for She Hulk which is obviously not happening. DC is similar, Mike Grell’s Green Arrow has switched from late June to mid August.

This tells me Astonishing X Men was printed but She Hulk was not. Is there any official info from Marvel adjusting the release schedule? Obviously Amazon was given updated info does anyone know if it’s out there anywhere else and more complete for all the upcoming releases?

Spectacular Member

Anybody know when Astonishing, Uncanny XF, and Wolverine vol 1 will be back at IST or CGN?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    So as of today, Amazon shows Byrne She Hulk Omnibus and Cloak and Dagger Omnibus releasing in November 2020. That’s recently changed. Cheapgraphicnovels still shows April 14 for She Hulk which is obviously not happening. DC is similar, Mike Grell’s Green Arrow has switched from late June to mid August.

This tells me Astonishing X Men was printed but She Hulk was not. Is there any official info from Marvel adjusting the release schedule? Obviously Amazon was given updated info does anyone know if it’s out there anywhere else and more complete for all the upcoming releases?
    I'm bummed out by the delay of Byrne's She-Hulk, but if this means it gets proper quality binding like the Silver Surfer reprint, then I'm alright with it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    I'm bummed out by the delay of Byrne's She-Hulk, but if this means it gets proper quality binding like the Silver Surfer reprint, then I'm alright with it.
    Man that Silver Surfer reprint binding sold me on that book. The art looked amazing in the overview Near Mint did.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Man that Silver Surfer reprint binding sold me on that book. The art looked amazing in the overview Near Mint did.
    I agree. Now if only IST and CGN would stock it.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I have yet to buy a book simply because of the binding.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    I agree. Now if only IST and CGN would stock it.
    Surfer Reprint shows Nov release date on Amazon also.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I have yet to buy a book simply because of the binding.
    Good binding plus great art. A binding that actually raises up the very center of the book so that the art lays flat before the reader cannot be taken for granted otherwise the pages warp the art into an unhappy ditch. I wish my Uncanny X-force Omnibus was given the same treatment as the Surfer.
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 04-28-2020 at 12:31 PM.