Page 702 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 2026026526926986997007017027037047057067127528021202 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

STAR WARS: HAN SOLO OHC Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL:

Incredible Member

I was just about to start the search for the Punisher MAX OHCs and then I saw the solicitation - that saved me some money

From the newest solicitations, Punisher Max and Wolverine goes to Hell are definitely on my buy-list. Hopefully they'll also announce Hickvengers 2 soon.

What I REALLY hope for though is that there will finally be an Uncanny X-men 4 to close the gap between the third omnibus and Mutant Massacre.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    What I REALLY hope for though is that there will finally be an Uncanny X-men 4 to close the gap between the third omnibus and Mutant Massacre.
    Maybe towards the end of the year, in line with the next X-Men movie? (although not if New Mutants is an indicator)

I updated the spreadheet if you are curious.

There will be a nice chunk of Gruenwald's Captain America issues available. I realy dig those Epics.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788

Are the recent Great Lake Avengers, Foolkiller, Solo, and Slapstick series getting a graphic novel release? I don't remember reading the last issue of those series.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Is the Carnage stuff any good? Generally Milligan is a good writer.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    About the Carnage omnibus - I'm happy for those who like the character. This will be a pass for me. But I wonder, why do this book now? Not being snarky, and I fully realize not every collected edition release needs to be tied to some current event, but is Carnage in an upcoming movie (the Venom movie, perhaps?) or in a new Legacy series or event or something? Or is this truly an occasion where they powers that be decided, "Hey, let's do an all Carnage omnibus! Why not, right?!" kinda thing? Just curious.
    It's technically, last I heard and Google doesn't have a confirmed industry source saying it's official, still rumored that Carnage will be the featured antagonist in the Oct 2018 Venom film starring Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock.
    In a profile of new Sony CEO Tom Rothman that explores the studio’s relationship with Marvel Studios, The Hollywood Reporter casually mentions Carnage as the movie’s primary antagonist, which given the characters’ history, certainly makes sense.

Created by David Michelinie, Erik Larsen and Mark Bagley, Carnage was once Cletus Kasady, a serial killer who shared a prison cell with Eddie Brock, a host to the alien symbiote that transforms into Venom. When Brock refused to bond once again with the alien, which would have allowed Venom to escape, it left behind its offspring, which merged with Kasady.
    The fact that the collections dept is doing a Carnage Omni seems to indicate they know something more official. Then again they could just be hedging their bets on the same rumored stories I suppose. If they do have the inside info we suspect(hope) they do then I don't rule out a Venom Omni either. I wager it'll contain Venoms early 90's appearances in ASM, of which there are many, and some 'Web of' issues. Then depending on how in depth they want to be could have the Darkhawk, Marvel Comics Presents, Spirits of Vengeance and no doubt others. I'm just working from memory here. You could get to 40-45 issues on Venom early/mid 90 appearances probably before you get to this first mini, Lethal Protector. Again, depending on just how varied his crossover issues are. I swear I think he crossed into Quasar as part of Acts of Vengeance but would that be necessary? You could end a Venom Origins Omni with Lethal Protector mini(6 issues) and still have plenty of material for a Venom vol.1 that has the other 90's minis: Cheating now and going to ComicVine
    The Madness - 3 issues
    Enemy Within - 3 issues
    The Mace - 3 issues
    Funeral Pyre - 3 issues (w/Punisher)
    Seperation Anxiety - 4 issues
    Nights of Vengeance - 4 issues
    Sinner Takes All - 5 issues
    Along Came a Spider - 4 issues
    The Hunger - 4 issues
    The Hunted - 3 issues
    Tooth & Claw - 3 issues (vs Wolverine)

That's 39 issues but you could add some more crossovers and get closer to 50 based on what I saw.
    Then you could do a second Eddie Brock Venom volume that has the 18 issue 2003 series, the Dark Origin 5 issue mini from '08 and again other crossovers. Include Anti-Venom material maybe?
    Leaving the current series where Eddie officially came back as Venom for more material in a volume 3 Omni.
    Obviously my mapping is very loose and on the fly here.

Then you could do an entire volume of Mac Gargan as Venom volume which would mostly be a defacto Thunderbolts Omni really.
    The Flash Thompson as Venom material then sits there ready to be collected.
    So much Venom varied material to possibly get at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Concerning the Punisher Max Omnibus:
    will there be a DM-Cover edition?
    I know that normally reprints dont't get a variant edition.
    But this is a first print and I know that they often (or always?) get 2 covers.

This is for me a must buy. I am waiting for it for years.
    I was so desperate that I considered to go for the complete collections.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    [Punisher MAX is] probably the best series I've read in the last 15 years...and I wasn't a huge Punisher fan before reading Ennis' MAX series.
    Same with me. I was a fan of the idea of The Punisher (to explore murderous vigilantism in comic fiction) but his comics were nothing special and Ennis changed all that with his amazing run. Great characterization, characters, and plots. You'd even get educated at times.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-18-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I just read Iron Man #149 and #150 on Unlimited. I love the JRJR art in 150. I enjoyed it so much that I considered buying the masterwork volume that has those issues in it.

I went to amazon and typed in "Iron Man Masterworks volume 15" because i figured that would be about the time they got to those issues. How stupid i was. The masterworks program has only gotten to vol. 10 issue 81. Its going to be a while till they get to 150...That program moves slower than i thought.

With so many covers to choose from, they chose one of the worst for the Wolverine by Aaron vol.2 Omni

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Same with me. I was a fan of the idea of The Punisher (to explore murderous vigilantism in comic fiction) but his comics were nothing special and Ennis changed all that with his amazing run. Great characterization, characters, and plots. You'd even get educated at times.
    Don't get me wrong...as a kid I liked his appearances in the Spider-books, and loved his first limited series that came out when I was 13. But, you mix a guy like him up with people that have super-powers, he becomes kind of a joke. I like how Ennis' Max series was devoid of anyone with powers, and only Nick Fury was someone that crossed over. The Punisher becomes a great character under those circumstances, and Ennis wrote it perfectly.

Does anyone think there will be a second GOTG Bendis omnibus? The first one had 40+ issues and it looks like there’s only 19 left for the second. Seems kind of small. I should have gone with the OHCs.

is the Carnage Omni a collection of all his mini series or just the recent stuff?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I just read Iron Man #149 and #150 on Unlimited. I love the JRJR art in 150. I enjoyed it so much that I considered buying the masterwork volume that has those issues in it.

I went to amazon and typed in "Iron Man Masterworks volume 15" because i figured that would be about the time they got to those issues. How stupid i was. The masterworks program has only gotten to vol. 10 issue 81. Its going to be a while till they get to 150...That program moves slower than i thought.
    Why not try and pick up the Iron Man Vol. 1 Michielinie, Layton & JRJR Omnibus which includes those issues? It's generally regarded as OOP but can still be obtained from certain sellers such as amazon.com.