Page 222 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    They seriously couldn't "splurge" on sewn binding for Secret Wars?

Regretting my order already.
    Sadly, event OHCs are the least likely to get a sewn binding and haven't had one for years. They like to get them out faster then it would take to release them with a sewn binding.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Sadly, event OHCs are the least likely to get a sewn binding and haven't had one for years. They like to get them out faster then it would take to release them with a sewn binding.
    Truly sad. You'd think with the delays that they could have gotten their stuff together.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thats odd about #0 at the end. It takes place before #1 right? Should I read that first then start the book over? No matter what time it takes place I wish all collections would follow the numbers in order, so I can read the series the same as it was released. Some times its more interesting to read some that takes place during the start/middle of a story at the end or a different time.
    In my opinion, I don't think it matters. Issue zero isn't a big deal and it's not a big thread picked up during the main series. It's a great read if you've followed Hickman from Fantastic Four, but it's nothing earth shattering. It was just a fun tease on free comic day.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I think the delays were with the final issues coming out not with the OHC. Which means they wouldn't have changed the binding. Personally, I'd rather wait the extra 3 months to get a sewn binding but it's not as critical for and OHC as it is for an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    In my opinion, I don't think it matters. Issue zero isn't a big deal and it's not a big thread picked up during the main series. It's a great read if you've followed Hickman from Fantastic Four, but it's nothing earth shattering. It was just a fun tease on free comic day.
    Thanks for the answers. I have his FF omnis and waiting for time runs out ohc to read them all in one go, starting with FF. Id like to pick up the secret wars omnibus but I can never find a good deal on it, I might just settle on the 2 TPBS, also looking for his shield OHC which shouldn't be to hard to find. But definitely gonna start with FF then A/NA/infinity/SW, gonna take me awhile to get through all of that, can't wait!!

How are the stories in Cap Vol. 2 omnibus? Anything stand out aside from the first appearance of Falcon?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks for the answers. I have his FF omnis and waiting for time runs out ohc to read them all in one go, starting with FF. Id like to pick up the secret wars omnibus but I can never find a good deal on it, I might just settle on the 2 TPBS, also looking for his shield OHC which shouldn't be to hard to find. But definitely gonna start with FF then A/NA/infinity/SW, gonna take me awhile to get through all of that, can't wait!!
    That Omni is the first Secret Wars from the 80s. Hickman's just came out today and the best deals on it are now.

I don't think we have seen the last of a collected Secret Wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    That's always the problem in the 'shared universe' stuff, though, really. Either every book is mentioning what every other book is doing, or else they stay somewhat siloed and just roll along, except for the REALLY big stuff - which arguably this is/was, but still...

Question for everyone around the Busiek era: I recently decided to jump in there, as I was solely pre 80's, but with all of you going on and on about it, and the Avengers being my fave comic of all time, I have ordered Avengers Busiek omnibus vol 1, will get vol 2 shortly and also got the Busiek Iron Man omnibus, thanks to all the praise from that.

My main question is, should I read Iron Man before the Avengers, or after, does it matter, etc...? I'm assuming they're fine on their own, but I'm just wondering if it would add anything to the other if I read one first. thanks!
    Read them in any order you want. They were published concurrently but don't really overlap all that much. Even when they do, with minor plot points, Busiek makes everything perfectly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Anyone think the variant cover of Cap Omnibus 2 will sell out as quickly as the Uncanny X-men variants for Vol 2 and 3? Debating buying it today or tomorrow but don't want to miss it if it sells out quickly. Anyone know how long it took for the variants of Cap Omnibus 1, Thor Omnibus 1, ASM omnibus 1, and ASM omnibus 2 to sell out?
    Nope. It's still up for sale this morning on IST. Romita's Spidey v2, JRjr's Stern Omni cover, and the X-Men volumes sold out within a few hours.

It's more of a function of how fast they want to get them released than anything. All of the recent event HCs have been glued. The sewn HCs usually take up to six months to be released. Glued usually comes out a few weeks after the event has completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That Omni is the first Secret Wars from the 80s. Hickman's just came out today and the best deals on it are now.

I suspect we'll see oversized HCs, maybe an Omnibus or two or a box set eventually!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Echoing everyone else above: Event OHCs are glued. That's just the way of the world. Marvel knows they have a limited amount of time to capitalize on sustained interest about an event once it's over. It's probably the one time Marvel would kill single issue sales with an immediate collection if they could manage it. If gluing an OHC gets them closer to that goal, they're going to do it - no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Who knows, it's possible. Spiderman-acts of vengeance was in two Omnis and an epic within a few years of each other. Kings of Pain was in three omnis close together.

But until it's solicited we won't know. Could include anything from deadly genesis, rise and fall, road to war of kings, war of kings, realm of kings, nova...

Krisis or someone would have a way better guestimate than I. But that is an event I will double dip in. I like the idea of a line of cosmic omnis.
    I feel like it would be shocking for the book to exclude the run-up arc of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan (120pg) / Secret Invasion: Inhumans (112pgs) / Kingbreaker (176pg) material because it is so key to understanding what's happening and because those books have never been re-collected.

Let's call that "prelude material" - 408 pages. The War of Kings OHC was 496 pages. Now we're at 904.

Now the question becomes this: will it fill the final ~400 pages with more prelude material, tie-ins, or Realm of Kings?

Prelude material includes Rise and Fall (312 pages - which DID NOT include the Endangered Species material) and Silent War (144 pages). That's 456pgs, and it could fit.

Tie-In material includes portions of GotG Vol. 2 & 3 (144 & 168) and Nova Vol. 5 (144). I'd wager we'd see the Nova over the GotG, since that is already OHC'd. That's a total of 456 pages, so any portion of it could fit. If they skip Rise and Fall, they could probably still include a lot of this.

The Realm of Kings OHC was 368 pages. There is also RoK material in Nova Vol. 6 (196pgs). That's 564 pages - it can't all go in. Also, Realm of Kings precludes anything else fitting other than scattered singles.
    Last edited by krisis; 03-16-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I feel like it would be shocking for the book to exclude the run-up arc of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan (120pg) / Secret Invasion: Inhumans (112pgs) / Kingbreaker (176pg) material because it is so key to understanding what's happening and because those books have never been re-collected.

Let's call that "prelude material" - 408 pages. The War of Kings OHC was 496 pages. Now we're at 904.

Now the question becomes this: will it fill the final ~400 pages with more prelude material, tie-ins, or Realm of Kings?

Prelude material includes Rise and Fall (312 pages - which DID NOT include the Endangered Species material) and Silent War (144 pages). That's 456pgs, and it could fit.

Tie-In material includes portions of GotG Vol. 2 & 3 (144 & 168) and Nova Vol. 5 (144). I'd wager we'd see the Nova over the GotG, since that is already OHC'd. That's a total of 456 pages, so any portion of it could fit. If they skip Rise and Fall, they could probably still include a lot of this.

The Realm of Kings OHC was 368 pages. There is also RoK material in Nova Vol. 6 (196pgs). That's 564 pages - it can't all go in. Also, Realm of Kings precludes anything else fitting other than scattered singles.
    So the question with which we're wrestling is how these 1304 pages will be filled in the Inhumans/X-Men hardcover fished on Amazon. However, another listing for a November Avengers Epic Collection mashes up "War of Kings Omnibus" in its heading. The page count of this listing apparently refers to the Epic, not the Omni, so it's anybody's guess how many pages it would be. Isn't there a substantial chance we're looking at two omni-sized volumes containing this cosmic storyline? If that's the case, we're not constrained to 1304 total pages for the contents. Might not the Inhumans/X-Men volume be intended to serve as a companion-style volume to the War of Kings omni? I'm not at all familiar with this period of Marvel Cosmic, so I won't speculate on how the two-volume approach might be divvied up.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Might not the Inhumans/X-Men volume be intended to serve as a companion-style volume to the War of Kings omni? I'm not at all familiar with this period of Marvel Cosmic, so I won't speculate on how the two-volume approach might be divvied up.
    That's an astute point - the X-Men/Inhumans lead-up stuff would make a fine standalone companion OHC and then then WoK/RoK material could be merged into an Omni.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I'm curious as well because I don't have the WoK OHC.
    However I already have RoK, Rise and Fall, Endangered Species in OHC so I'll have to see if it's worth upgrading. If it's all in reading order that'd be nice.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post

Whoops, I ment secret warriors!

Incredible Member

I appreciate the feedback.

That being said, I don't take any of these excuses for a glued binding very seriously. For one thing, Marvel has repeatedly stated that they have prepared this event to be a seller in hardcover completed form for years to come. That should dampen the dire need to capitalize on this event immediately after the single issues finish and simultaneously heighten the desire to put out a quality build book.
    Secondly, with all the delays to the single issues and the statements from Hickman that he had plans previously to rearrange the issues when it was collected, I just don't excuse them for not getting on the ball and releasing a quality sewn binding for this $50 cover price book. I feel they could have found a better solution.

I think I figured out all the Amazon fish with mixed up names scheduled for the end of year (like "Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three Clone Saga Omnibus Vol 1). I believe the final solicit's will be as followed.

Dark Tower: The Drawing of the Three ($19.99 regular tpb)
    Avengers Epic Collection ($34.99 regular epic although no idea about content)
    GOTG: New Guard vol 2 ($24.99 regular hc, vol 1 comes out in april)
    Mighty Thor vol 2 ($24.99 regular hc, vol 1 comes out in may)

Spider-Man Clone Sage Omnibus vol 1 $125
    Inhumans/X-men War of Kings Omnibus $125
    Star Wars: Darth Vader vol 2 ($34.99 OHC vol 1 comes out in july)
    Star Wars: Kanan Omnibus ($50 omni, same size as Young Avengers Omnibus)

Just my thoughts but I dont think I missed anything. The 1st 4 solicit's have an extra title at the end Dark Tower has Clone Saga Omnibus, Avengers has War of Kings Omnibus, GOTG has Vader vol 2 and Thor has Kanan Omnibus. Just seems to fit with the 2nd 4 solicits that had no title at all.
    Last edited by smc123; 03-16-2016 at 01:53 PM.