Page 238 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1381882282342352362372382392402412422482883387381238 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 20773
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Additionally there is a Kanan Omnibus and Uncanny X-Men by Bendis vol. 2 OHC. I'm kind of getting annoyed by the amount of OHC's going over to omnibus...Now I have to sell my sets.

Mighty Member

Also of note:

Star wars: kanan omni/ ohc as many predicted
    Squirrel Girl ohc
    Uncanny xmen v2 hc w/a $50 price tag this time around
    The Posehn omni includes Draculas gauntlet as well as the 4 ohc

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Additionally there is a Kanan Omnibus and Uncanny X-Men by Bendis vol. 2 OHC. I'm kind of getting annoyed by the amount of OHC's going over to omnibus...Now I have to sell my sets.
    Why?

You'll likely make a loss on the OHCs to buy the same content with a red omnibus label on it?

Is it really worth it?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Why?

You'll likely make a loss on the OHCs to buy the same content with a red omnibus label on it?

Is it really worth it?
    If you look at the contents and to my knowledge, the Marvel NOW OHCs of Deadpool don't include Dracula's gauntlet and the Guardians of the Galaxy omni includes the Secret Wars mini. Not saying I'll do, but if I did that would be my course of action. I still stand by that it's super annoying that this happens...how about some new content in oversized format? Furthermore, I got burned by buying the omnibus for Hawkeye because apparently there's vol. 3 with the Lemire stuff. I don't feel like that will get the omnibus treatment but who knows at this point. Just frustrating

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Hell yeah Deadpool Omni! I was literally going to buy the first OHC tonight. Perfect timing for the announcement.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    If you look at the contents and to my knowledge, the Marvel NOW OHCs of Deadpool don't include Dracula's gauntlet and the Guardians of the Galaxy omni includes the Secret Wars mini. Not saying I'll do, but if I did that would be my course of action. I still stand by that it's super annoying that this happens...how about some new content in oversized format? Furthermore, I got burned by buying the omnibus for Hawkeye because apparently there's vol. 3 with the Lemire stuff. I don't feel like that will get the omnibus treatment but who knows at this point. Just frustrating
    I am with you on wanting more content in ohc instead of rehashing recent releases still readily available. Draculas gauntlet is available in its own ohc.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I am with you on wanting more content in ohc instead of rehashing recent releases still readily available. Draculas gauntlet is available in its own ohc.
    Yeah I know, I just passed on it. haha

I am scratching my head at people actually looking forward to the Clone Saga Omni. I remember picking up the floppies back when I still read them, and hoping the storyline would improve. It didn't; it only got worse. Seriously, both art and story, it's just a steaming pile of turd, just like the cover for the Omni. Stay away!

This would've made a great cover for the Clone Saga Omni:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080904083202

Looking through the catalogue and those Canadian prices are breaking my little heart. An OHC for the price I used to pay for omnibuseseses. I wouldn't ever pay full retail of $158, but with the current crap discounts I am paying over cover of what old omnis used to be.

I can only be thankful that they're reprinting readily available material that I have or don't want. Guardians of the Galaxy is setting a precedent for having TPBs, PHCs, OHCs and now Omnis all on the shelf at once. I can understand that there is a movie coming next year and the team Bendis writes in the most in-sync with the movie team, but damn. Give us some material that isn't covered in OHC or out of print. The only way they could get me to double dip like that is if they had a Spider-Man omni that covered all of the Spider-verse material since that OHC is crap. Otherwise OHCs are going to hold up better than any of those omnis.

Also, no other material from Secret Wars hitting OHC? After Last Days I figured we may see the next in a line of Secret Wars OHCs (like civil war), but maybe marvel is over that style of release, or saving it for a box set.

I wonder if Civil War II will match the set of OHCs for Civil War. I also wonder how that even is even going to turn out.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    New items include a Deadpool omnibus by Duggan and Poesehn (or however that is spelt) and a Bendis GotG omnibus COLLECTING: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE 1-8; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 0.1, 1-27, ANNUAL 1; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: TOMORROW'S AVENGERS 1; ALL-NEW X-MEN 22-24; FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) 1; GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE 1-4.

I would post more, but whenever I try to move around that Edelwiss site it tells me that it isnt for the public and boots me out
    I'd rather be put in a stockade for a day than read any of that Bendis material again.

However, the Deadpool Omnibus is truly some of the best work of Marvel Now (and, no, it never stops being weird saying that about Deadpool).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

I don't mean to harp, but I just received my Secret Wars ohc and it's truly gross. Wavy paper, tight binding. Disappointed.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'd rather be put in a stockade for a day than read any of that Bendis material again.

However, the Deadpool Omnibus is truly some of the best work of Marvel Now (and, no, it never stops being weird saying that about Deadpool).
    I've read about half an issue of Bendys' Guardians. That was enough to give me a ten-hour migraine.

I totally agree about Deadpool. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, man!
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I've read about half an issue of Bendys' Guardians. That was enough to give me a ten-hour migraine.

I totally agree about Deadpool. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, man!
    Right? That has to be the heaviest Deadpool story ever, yet it was also laugh-out-loud funny at points.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

I assume the Deadpool Omnibus solicitation is correct and the Omni isn't going to have either of the 2013 Annuals or the Bi-Annual issue since those weren't by Duggan/Posehn? Even though one of the Annuals is supposedly collected in one of the OHCs (unless that's an error in the OHC listing and they really meant that Death of Wolverine tie-in issue)? It makes sense. Just wanted to see if anyone else caught that.