Page 240 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1401902302362372382392402412422432442502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 20773

With the Spirits of Vengeance collection coming out I hope that means we will get more Danny Ketch Ghost Rider collections
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Additionally there is a Kanan Omnibus and Uncanny X-Men by Bendis vol. 2 OHC. I'm kind of getting annoyed by the amount of OHC's going over to omnibus...Now I have to sell my sets.
    Why would you take a loss to rebuy the same material, in a more fragile, more difficult to read format?

Also, regarding the Howard Omni, it contains the bulk of the Gerber material, which is all I want. I won't be buying any more Howard, unless Zdarsky's run gets a nice collection.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Man, they would announce that Deadpool omnibus right after I stump up the cash and commit to buying the OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    As I have never read any GOTG and my only experience with them is the movie, and I like Bendis's DD, Powers and Alias a lot, will I enjoy his GOTG? Is it just a complete character change (won't bother me) that people hate or is it just a bad read?
    His GotG is about as far away from Alias as it could get. Even if you dismiss that fact his characterisation blows, it's just a dull, meandering story. Bendis just can't do Sci-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The new Edelweiss catalogue, for September for December, is up http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=3881953.
    Anyone got a link to the PDF download of the catalog? I hate trying to search back and forth on their site for different books. It's not very user friendly. The PDF is much easier to skim.

To be honest, after the first crappy boring arc I didn't mind Bendis' guardians. It's not great but as his X-Men went from good to God awful, his guardians went from bland to medium-okay. If reccomend it to anyone for free on unlimited.

Bendis just seems to take whatever marvel wants to assign him. Nothing feels like his old Marvel anymore. I'm not reading his Ironman but I'm not even really tempted.

But... With guardians of Knowhere in the omni, I guess that's kind of an indication of how marvel is going to collect Secret Wars. Just throw it all in with the main series stuff. GoK was also just alright. But one of the minis that brings stuff to the new U apparently. I won't know until the new run hits unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Looking through the catalogue and those Canadian prices are breaking my little heart. An OHC for the price I used to pay for omnibuseseses. I wouldn't ever pay full retail of $158, but with the current crap discounts I am paying over cover of what old omnis used to be.

I can only be thankful that they're reprinting readily available material that I have or don't want. Guardians of the Galaxy is setting a precedent for having TPBs, PHCs, OHCs and now Omnis all on the shelf at once. I can understand that there is a movie coming next year and the team Bendis writes in the most in-sync with the movie team, but damn. Give us some material that isn't covered in OHC or out of print. The only way they could get me to double dip like that is if they had a Spider-Man omni that covered all of the Spider-verse material since that OHC is crap. Otherwise OHCs are going to hold up better than any of those omnis.

Also, no other material from Secret Wars hitting OHC? After Last Days I figured we may see the next in a line of Secret Wars OHCs (like civil war), but maybe marvel is over that style of release, or saving it for a box set.

I wonder if Civil War II will match the set of OHCs for Civil War. I also wonder how that even is even going to turn out.
    I know how you feel. I was getting really excited about Shang Chi and Dr Strange omnis but it's going to be hard to afford those prices. I really might have to just stick with MU until the Canadian dollar gets better...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Sad thing is, I recall a couple weeks ago a user was asking about the potential of a Bendis GotG Omni, and everyone shot him down. :/
    To be fair, this is a reasonably new direction for Marvel as of late. In the past there were some series that went OHC to Omnibus. But some of those Omnibus runs were abandoned like Bendis' New Avengers, meaning OHC was the only way to get it all in the same format. But then Marvel kind of got off that path and was just going direct to Omnibus (like Brubaker's Daredevil going straight to Omni as opposed to Bendis' Daredevil that was OHC to Omni). Before the only real recent OHC to Omnibus situation was Hawkguy, and we saw the whole range of reactions to that sort of unusual situation. But now all at once Marvel decided to go all in on Bendis GOTG, Deadpool Now, and Ms. Marvel. Now it's more of a question of how far behind are other recent OHC series, especially Aaron's Thor and Waid's Daredevil?

Some of us are just trying to make predictions based on the trends and data that we can see before us. Before the new catalog came out, it would have made sense to shoot that guy down, especially since the third Bendis GOTG OHC isn't even out yet. But now? I would probably suggest that people not buy OHCs if they want Omnibuses and just wait it out. But others actually prefer having multiple thinner books as long as they're oversized. And then there's the whole issue of how pricing shakes out with multiple OHCs vs. one Omnibus.

I just don't know how much longer Marvel can keep up doing the OHC & Omni dual releases for each title. There's got to be a reason they generally got away from publishing like that the first time around. Why do they think things will be different this time around?

Kodave is spot on.

I think everyone who speculates in this thread add "maybe" "who knows" "unlikely" but it's still just a speculation thread until Krisis is hired as head of marvels collected editions department.

But also, Marvel is making GOTG into a big franchise but once bendis has an omni then they have actually run out of material for that team to put into books. The solo book was a stretch. They may try and get the 3000 team(s) omnified but will that confuse audiences?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Anyone got a link to the PDF download of the catalog? I hate trying to search back and forth on their site for different books. It's not very user friendly. The PDF is much easier to skim.
    I am also waiting for the pdf but in my experience it can take some time until it is available. Or maybe I was just really impatient during the last years trying to find it.

What really bothers me is the lack of further Secret Wars OHC's. I am on the brink to go on a buying spree for basically all X-Men Secret Wars trades (this month really does it for me: Elektra Omnibus, Batman Adams Omnibus, UXM 3 Omnibus, Champions Masterworks, Secret Wars OHC and some big trades).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Kodave is spot on.

I think everyone who speculates in this thread add "maybe" "who knows" "unlikely" but it's still just a speculation thread until Krisis is hired as head of marvels collected editions department.

But also, Marvel is making GOTG into a big franchise but once bendis has an omni then they have actually run out of material for that team to put into books. The solo book was a stretch. They may try and get the 3000 team(s) omnified but will that confuse audiences?
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Valentino Guardians stuff making the leap from those big paperback collections to full Omnibus, assuming that Solo omnibus sold moderately well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Edit: Nevermind that doesn't go to the right one.

BANNED

Glad to see the Duggan + Posehn Deadpool Omni!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Did y'all see this:

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    WC EXCLUSIVE: IDW Announces "New Mutants: Bill Sienkiewicz" Artist Select Edition - The oversized, limited edition hardcover collects the iconic artist's entire run on "New Mutants," as well as "X-Men Unlimited" #43.

Full article here.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Did y'all see this:
    Just came here post this as well. Sold, sold and sold. Don't care how much it'll eventually cost me. This run showed me back then that comics could be art.

EDIT:

And if you think about it, it's 350 pages in a slipcased HC, has about the dimensions of a DC Absolute (13"x9") as well as thick, sturdy paper and will eventually cost $100 (at least that's what the Sal Buscema Hulk one costs on IDW's website) - compared to the current asking price for Marvel's cheaply produced OHCs and Omnis, that's not even that expensive.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-24-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Why would you take a loss to rebuy the same material, in a more fragile, more difficult to read format?

Also, regarding the Howard Omni, it contains the bulk of the Gerber material, which is all I want. I won't be buying any more Howard, unless Zdarsky's run gets a nice collection.
    Read my other posts on the subject...the omnis have more material in them