Page 7 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast

I'm in England, I wouldn't pay more than £30 for it but also don't expect it to go that low unless something significant happens. The Wolverine by Millar omnibus is a handful of pages more and I paid exactly £30 and I prefer the material.

If David Aja did more work I wouldn't feel the need to have some oversized in the first place. Only have the Iron Fist complete collections.

Hello Omnibuddies! I like the new thread! After finishing Madman Gargantua I'll probably start reading the Shield omni.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm in England, I wouldn't pay more than £30 for it but also don't expect it to go that low unless something significant happens. The Wolverine by Millar omnibus is a handful of pages more and I paid exactly £30 and I prefer the material.

If David Aja did more work I wouldn't feel the need to have some oversized in the first place. Only have the Iron Fist complete collections.
    Cheapest I have seen is speedyhen at £40 at the moment

I was lucky enough to get David Aja to sketch on my Iron Fist omnibus back at SDCC

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1241550

Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction signed it as well.

Also got him to draw Lucky on my Hawkguy OHC vol 1 too

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1241549

and he forgot to add the n in thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It could have a low print run and end up being the next UXF Omni. These things can't be predicted.
    For $50(at IST week of release) I'd rather have it than stress over saving an extra $10 or so.
    I know this probably won't happen, but I'm hoping enough people opt out of the massively overpriced Hawkeye rip-off omnibus and just skip it or grab the two OHCs to the point that it goes into the bargain bin next year. Maybe it will send Marvel a lesson. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I know this probably won't happen, but I'm hoping enough people opt out of the massively overpriced Hawkeye rip-off omnibus and just skip it or grab the two OHCs to the point that it goes into the bargain bin next year. Maybe it will send Marvel a lesson. Probably not.
    I've been trying to do my part this year by not buying massively overpriced Marvel omnibuses with their extremely thin paper and cheap paper casewraps. I'm not sure Marvel is getting the message, though, if there are still a thousand other suckers willing to pay out the nose for substandard product. All I can do is suggest people hold out for the better quality product being offered by other companies like Fantagraphics or Dark Horse. Hell, even DC has been improving its game with DC Omnibuses like the Perez Wonder Woman--better paper than Marvel books and one of the best casewraps of any of the omnibuses I own. Hats off to DC on that one!

Incredible Member

I know it's a hugely popular series but what are the odds of the Hawkeye omnibus getting a serious price cut once it's out? I love Aja's art and did like the story generally. If I could get the omnibus for silly money I would, if not I expect I'll get the first OHC a ways down the road.
    I would say the odds are not very good at all.

The word Omnibus = $$$, even if two OSHCs is practically the same and slightly less expensive.

Fractions Hawkeye is/was a huge seller, especially in the collected editions department. I'm sure the numbers are bound to be good for both the Omnibus and the second oversized hardcover. Plus Marvel seems to have steered away from overprinting everything, and instead steered into printing **** no one asked for and no one wants, like the Marvel Now! Omnibus and the 90s Omnibus.

Even in a "worst case (for Marvel) scenario" where the Omnibus drastically falls into the shitter sales wise, the it wouldn't get clearance prices for probably at least a year if not longer.

I would put money on Marvel perhaps even underprinting the Omnibus, like Captain Craig said, rather than bank on any kind of price cut above and beyond the usual 50% off during release week.

In fact I could see both the Omnibus AND the second oversized hardcover having smaller-than-usual print runs. Marvel might be conservative about the number of people they think will buy the Omnibus after it was repeatedly delayed because it took forever to finish up publishing the series. On top of that some percentage of would-be Omnibus buyers are going to go the oversized hardcover route either because they already bought the first one, or because they realize buying both is cheaper than buying the Omnibus. So there's some reasoning to do a smaller print run on the Omnibus right there. And on the second oversized hardcover side of things, there's always some attrition of purchasers between subsequent volumes. So they won't print as many Volume 2s as they did Volume 1. Plus some people who bought Volume 1 are going to partially double dip (whether or not they actually keep that Volume 1 isn't really relevant) and buy the Omnibus instead of waiting for the second oversized hardcover. So that right there is a reason to print less of the second oversized hardcover. And I'm guessing the people who will buy BOTH the Omnibus AND the two oversizedh hardcovers are probably few and far between.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    To be honest, my first omnibus read for the thread relaunch is probably going to be the Marvel Zomnibus, possibly the oldest book in my backlog. I love all the Kirkman/Ultimate FF stuff, but it'll be interesting to see if the other work is as bad as people say, or if it ends up being dumb fun that I enjoy.
    It's officially the first Omnibus I've fully read, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. After never even really knowing anything about Machine Man, the series with him front and centre is one of my favourites in the entire book. Lots of good fun throughout the Zomnibus. (I do wish they waited to include the next Marvel Zombies mini that came out in OHC around the same time though)

Anyone have the new 2015 series Star Wars trade? is it well built/seem like it will stand the test of time?

I tried mention the fact that it is far better value to buy the Hawkeye ohc's on the omnibus collector facebook group the other day but I didn't get much support. I really think marvel/disney will be keeping an eye on the sales numbers of the ohcs compared to the omni. If the omni sells more its as good telling marvel to charge what they like as long as they put the word omnibus on the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    My first Omni of the new thread will probably be Werewolf by Night or Shield.

And a note to Inferno, sorry, I will be more on the ball. It's only been a day, I hadn't had a chance to get the proper links yet!
    You're all good, I was just tidying it up. Got to give the people what they want.

I don't know what the first omnibus will be, haven't read one in a while. Maybe Iron Fist or Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've been trying to do my part this year by not buying massively overpriced Marvel omnibuses with their extremely thin paper and cheap paper casewraps. I'm not sure Marvel is getting the message, though, if there are still a thousand other suckers willing to pay out the nose for substandard product. All I can do is suggest people hold out for the better quality product being offered by other companies like Fantagraphics or Dark Horse. Hell, even DC has been improving its game with DC Omnibuses like the Perez Wonder Woman--better paper than Marvel books and one of the best casewraps of any of the omnibuses I own. Hats off to DC on that one!
    After I read the Infinity OHC I dropped a dozen OHC's and Omnibusses from my list. These new books are not worth the money especially when the stories are a little iffy too.

My first physical to digital transition was Dynamite because of how poor the paper quality was on the Kirby trade.

While so much of Marvel Now is OHCed and Omnibused, you gotta wonder what could still be on the slate.

Captain marvel has a good following by a respected and currently on-the-rise author. So seeing a book with Captain Marvel 2012 1-14 (or 16 with inifinty issues), Avengers: Anemy Within, Avengers Assemble 16-17, Captain Marvel 2014 1-12.

Death of Wolverine could get collected for the last Jackman movie. Wolverine (2012) 1-13, Wolverine (2014) 1-12 + Annual, Death of Wolverine 1-4, Deadpool and Captain America, Life After Logan, The Logan Legacy 1-7, The Weapon X Program 1-7, Nightcrawler 7-8, Storm 4-5, Wolverine and the X-Men 1-11.

Of course the new Thor.

My wish list (however unlikely) would be the new Elektra, Angela, Widow, Storm and both Now Secret Avengers.
    Last edited by Canucked; 10-16-2015 at 09:32 AM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Star Wars starting as paperback seems like the old Marvel trade/trade/ohc model. A model I miss very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    After I finish Scott Pilgrim I will probably read the deadpool cable omni, I hope it isn't as bad as the last couple of marvel books I have read, I know I have some good stuff on my shelf to read UXF, secret warriors, new avenger, new xmen omni's to name but a few, but I have been a bit put off with marvel stuff after reading onslaught, infinity gauntlet and the Perez avengers Omni's, and after reading my fav book of the year (Scott Pilgrim) in afraid deadpool/cable is going to be another marvel drag

Edit. Have decided to cut a few pre-orders as i have come to my senses over marvel stuff, so Avengers vol 2 has gone, Millers DD and Electra, so all i have now on order are Hawkeye, DDC and SFOS all due to recommendations
    If Avengers, IG and Onsluaght weren't your thing I would recommend not diving into Cable and Deadpool next. IIRC it's better than much of the stuff coming out at the time but it sounds like you are going to prefer something more modern?

If you have UXF, Secret Warriors and New X-men you should definitely give one of those a go before going back to Deadpool and Cable.