Page 196 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 961461861921931941951961971981992002062462966961196 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So as a spidey fan I should advoid the upcomming omnibus? Are the stories enjoyable at all?
    I think it depends how much of a fan you are. I love Spider-Man and generally buy anything related. It has been awhile since I've read these stories, but since I am a big fan of both Spider-Man and McFarlane, I will definitely be picking this up.
    Last edited by Cozzster; 03-07-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I think it's doubtful this will ever come to fruition. Volume 1 didn't set the sales charts on fire, and is still hanging around while other more recent books have fallen out of print.
    You may be right, but I hope not !
    It is just too bad of Marvel to leave people who bought the 1st volume hanging like this.

Well even thought most of you don't think much of mcfarlanes writing on spidey I think ill pick it up anyways. Some day id like to have all of the amazing spider man run in omnibus/ohc format. since its spidey and mcfarlane itll probably be OOP print within a year or 2 and would hate to miss out on it if I wanted it later. But I love the cover for it!

Well even thought most of you don't think much of mcfarlanes writing on spidey I think ill pick it up anyways. Some day id like to have all of the amazing spider man run in omnibus/ohc format. since its spidey and mcfarlane itll probably be OOP print within a year or 2 and would hate to miss out on it if I wanted it later. But I love the cover for it!
    Weren't you the one suggesting trying Marvel Unlimited...

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Anybody know if Vol 2 of the New Avengers omnibus has been scheduled ?
    It's coming onto 4 years since Vol 1 was published.
    Be nice if they could conclude it in a timely manner.

Never.

Although you can still probably get the OHCs.

I seriously doubt this is going OOP. In fact, I suspect it will be a CGN bargain bin omnibus book in a few years.

On a side note, I don't know why you bothered asking people's thoughts on the book if you were always going to buy it. Pretty much everyone told you it sucks.

Anyhoo, you should hold off and spend your money on good stories rather than completing an omnibus/OHC run that isn't that good. But . . . it's your money.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 03-07-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Never.

Anyhoo, you should hold off and spend your money on good stories rather than completing an omnibus/OHC run that isn't that good. But . . . it's your money.
    agreed, it's not like it's numbered so you skip volume 4 of 10 or something. And probably Marvel will never collect everything ASM in ohc.
    But who knows.
    Buy for example Squadron supreme instead, you will have a better story and a better quality book on your shelf.
    Also the previous McFarlane Spidey omni went on clearance so I doubt this will go OOP either.

I'm a terrible person and bought the new printing of the Elektra Omnibus...

IMG_20160307_132536.jpg

For only $65 more than the Inhuman OHC, you get 48 more pages of material and the word "Omnibus" on the spine.
    Last edited by mike1981; 03-07-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Never.

Although you can still probably get the OHCs.

I seriously doubt this is going OOP. In fact, I suspect it will be a CGN bargain bin omnibus book in a few years.

On a side note, I don't know why you bothered asking people's thoughts on the book if you were always going to buy it. Pretty much everyone told you it sucks.

Agreed;

I don't understand how the thought of a book going out of print motivates people to buy it. If you don't want it now, why would you suddenly want it when it's harder to find and costs more? A bad story is a bad story, whether it's in print or not.

... That said, I personally love McFarlane's Spider-Man strictly for nostalgic reasons and will be picking this up

I'm a terrible person and bought the new printing of the Elektra Omnibus...

IMG_20160307_132536.jpg

For only $65 more than the Inhuman OHC, you get 48 more pages of material and the word "Omnibus" on the spine.
    wow...just...wow
    (I think this is the 2nd time I replied this to one of your posts)

So I've been obsessing over which material could fill out a box set and is something Marvel might realistically publish.

I think there could be an Infinity Saga box set with the release of Avengers: Infinity War. collecting all of Starlin's Thanos/Infinity material. Here's what I have:

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
    1248 pages

Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath
    352 pages

Infinity War
    392 pages

Infinity War Aftermath
    368 pages

Infinity Crusade
    476 pages

Infinity Abyss
    176 pages

Marvel The End
    168 pages

Thanos Redemption
    304 pages

Thanos Annual (2014)
    64 pages

Thanos Infinity Revelation
    112 pages

Thanos Infinity Relativity
    120 pages

Thanos Infinity Finale
    120 pages

Thanos Vs Hulk
    112 pages

That makes for 4012 pages, which sits between the Secret Wars and Civil War sets in terms of page count.

Is there anything I'm missing?
    Infinity Entity, which is a four-issue mini coming out this month (issue 1 is out in two days). So it'll be a 112-page TPB as well. Much like how Thanos vs. Hulk takes place between Thanos: Infinity Revelation and Thanos: Infinity Relativity, it is supposed to take place between Thanos: Infinity Relativity and Thanos: Infinity Finale.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Agreed;

I don't understand how the thought of a book going out of print motivates people to buy it. If you don't want it now, why would you suddenly want it when it's harder to find and costs more? A bad story is a bad story, whether it's in print or not.

... That said, I personally love McFarlane's Spider-Man strictly for nostalgic reasons and will be picking this up
    It's like Joni Mitchell said, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone." You might be looking at an Omni like, "eh, whatever," while it is plentifully available, but once it begins to get scarce you have to evaluate that life decision more seriously before the chance passes you up forever.

This post brought to you by: "I still cannot decide about the Stern Omni; I don't really collect Spider-Man."
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wow...just...wow
    (I think this is the 2nd time I replied this to one of your posts)
    OCD is a real disease people!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It's like Joni Mitchell said, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone." You might be looking at an Omni like, "eh, whatever," while it is plentifully available, but once it begins to get scarce you have to evaluate that life decision more seriously before the chance passes you up forever.

This post brought to you by: "I still cannot decide about the Stern Omni; I don't really collect Spider-Man."
    It doesn't matter if you like Spider-Man or not; only that you like comics that are awesome.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    We may be able to fish some stuff before that.
    Well, speak of the devil...

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 (Nov. 15 Amazon, probably Nov. 9 DM)
    http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Hands-K.../dp/1302901338

Civil War II (Nov. 15 Amazon, probably Nov. 9 DM)
    http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Bria.../dp/1302901567

International Iron Man Vol. 1 (Nov. 1 Amazon, probably Oct. 26 DM)
    http://www.amazon.com/International-.../dp/1302901494

Star wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Nov. 29 Amazon, probably Nov. 23 DM)
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis.../dp/1302901060

Thanks for posting the Elektra omnibus it's just made my mind up to not buy it. I'll just get the trade to read Assassin.