Page 282 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    I believe the people saying six are counting the 2 volumes of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There will be 4 pretty slim Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnis and I believe 2 pretty thick Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis. The latter will reprint everything from the b/w DHKF magazines and the former will reprint all the 70s-80s Shang Chi stories chronologically bar those that were in DHKF.
    So . . . . there's 4 or 6 omnibus books coming out?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    #1-72 are signed & numbered and also feature a remarqued head sketch
    #73-125 are signed & numbered

So the first link contains some of the #1-72 copies, and the second link is about #73-125 copies only.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So . . . . there's 4 or 6 omnibus books coming out?

4x Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu
    2x Deadly Hands of Kung Fu

When did they announce the two additional omnibus? I remember when it was first announced it clearly stated 4 books.

They are two different series.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Guys, I'm seriously torn on whether to buy the Civil War hardcover.

Is the writing as bad as the internet claims?
    Is the movie hype just getting to me?
    If you like marvel, get the book. I remember reading this story back when it was released in floppies and I loved it. Millar and McNiven are a great team. Some said the plot was dumb, but I thought it was pretty unique at the time. I read it again a few years ago when I picked up the hardcover and loved it all the same. For me, it is the best marvel crossover event ever done. I haven't read some of the newer ones yet (Infinity) but I think it's safe to say you will enjoy civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    If you like marvel, get the book. I remember reading this story back when it was released in floppies and I loved it. Millar and McNiven are a great team. Some said the plot was dumb, but I thought it was pretty unique at the time. I read it again a few years ago when I picked up the hardcover and loved it all the same. For me, it is the best marvel crossover event ever done. I haven't read some of the newer ones yet (Infinity) but I think it's safe to say you will enjoy civil war.
    The problem was never the story itself for me. It was Tony Stark being completely out of character which then took him away permanently afterwards with the exception of the Knauf's who were on the book before and after Civil War and Bendis who wrote him really well in New Avengers before and during. I imagine FF fans have a similar feeling about it with Reed but it never seemed like he was badly redefined by it afterwards in every appearance.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    When did they announce the two additional omnibus? I remember when it was first announced it clearly stated 4 books.
    At the time we were all trying to math out how both comics could be squeezed into four volumes because the original implication was four books in total covering Master of Kung Fu and everyone just assumed they'd fit Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in there too, somehow. I blogged about it at the time.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You could buy X-23, Vol. 1: The Killing Dream, which has #1-6 and material from Wolverine Saga, for about the same as you'd spend on the digital, and then pick up the X-23 Complete Collection, Vol. 2.

For what it's worth, I like pretty much all of the X-23 material - the early stuff is amazingly nuanced and gets unfairly slagged for her being a murder Barbie, and the Liu series was one of my favorites when it was around.

Interesting note: Lui's Vol. 2 has escalated to silly prices for some reason. One of the big reasons I try to pick up everything when it's first out rather than wait for the seemingly inevitable fire sales for the smaller titles.
    Yeah that vol 2 bums me out. I got the phc 1 in a lot of other books on eBay I wanted and really enjoyed it then I saw the prices on 2 and I can't do that for a phc.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    At the time we were all trying to math out how both comics could be squeezed into four volumes because the original implication was four books in total covering Master of Kung Fu and everyone just assumed they'd fit Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in there too, somehow. I blogged about it at the time.
    Thanks. I recall your blog now but gave it another reading. Two thumbs up! Not sure how I feel about six books. I might pick up that first one although I suspect I'll regret it. The older stuff just doesn't appeal to me like it did at one point.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

can someone tell me if infinity was any good? is it essential to understand hickman's whole story? i remember people saying that the ohc was really crappy quality so debating if i should get it or just get avengers vol 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    can someone tell me if infinity was any good? is it essential to understand hickman's whole story? i remember people saying that the ohc was really crappy quality so debating if i should get it or just get avengers vol 2
    It is worth getting and definitely essential to Hickman's Avengers. The OHC was unfortunately glued and has some gutter loss but it's not that bad at the end of the day. Still, at this point having read all of the OHC's that have been released so far, I feel Hickman's run would've read much better in omnibus form instead of having to jump around between all these different books (that overlap) and it's crazy to me that Marvel waited so long to release OHC's when they could've released omnibuses on basically the same timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It is worth getting and definitely essential to Hickman's Avengers. The OHC was unfortunately glued and has some gutter loss but it's not that bad at the end of the day. Still, at this point having read all of the OHC's that have been released so far, I feel Hickman's run would've read much better in omnibus form instead of having to jump around between all these different books (that overlap) and it's crazy to me that Marvel waited so long to release OHC's when they could've released omnibuses on basically the same timeline.
    Also the paper quality of the OHC is awful, the worst I have come across since the Dynamite Kirby trade.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Attack of the Clones is older material but the other two are from the new Marvel imprint.
    Sweet, cheers dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    They are fill-in issues that take place chronologically during the time period covered in vol 3. They are therefore included in the back of that book, along with a Dr Doom story by Priest and a Thor story by Priest that is woven into one of the BP story arcs.

I still don't get why this did not get the Omnibus treatment, seems ripe for it.
    If / When it does come out as an omnibus I'll be more than happy to double (quadruple) dip. I bought the original issues when they came out, the two MK trades and now these collections.

Black Panther was one of my favourite books and it came out during a time where Marvel was producing (for me) some of the best super hero books around. Inhumans by Jae Lee and Jenkins, Avengers Forever, Daredevil by Bendis and so many other books. It was a great time.