Page 932 of 977 FirstFirst ... 432832882922928929930931932933934935936942 ... LastLast
Results 13,966 to 13,980 of 14648
  1. #13966
    Incredible Member JoeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It spins out of Second Coming, so nothing too important before. His run on Uncanny Avengers definitely follows up on UXF - there is no complete collection version, but the omnibus is readily available (at least in the US), as are the 5 regular tpbs.
    Cheers very much.

  2. #13967
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    The Thanos Wars Infinity Origin DM variant is sold out at IST. Less than 2 hours. As of now, CGN has the variant in stock for cover price.
    Last edited by Imprint; 03-26-2019 at 02:14 PM.

  3. #13968
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imprint View Post
    The Thanos Wars Infinity Origin DM variant is sold out at IST. Less than 2 hours. As of now, CGN has the variant in stock for cover price.
    Yeah, I just came here to post this.
    What's going on? Why are these DM variants so much harder to get now than they used to be?
    Used be able to get one if you ordered within four or five days, now you have to order within a couple hours? So lame.

  4. #13969
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13

    Default

    The trouble is that people are buying them cheap on IST and then turn around and flip them on eBay or Amazon or some other online marketplace. Also IST is one of a handful of places that sell the DM variants at such a initial steep discount (on top of orders that are 50 dollars or more are free shipping). It's also a speculation thing, and with the Avengers Movie coming out (see the DM for Avengers Omnibus vol 4 that sold out in 2 or 3 hours) and Thanos being a major villain in the movie, those collected editions will sell out fast because people think that they'll be able to either flip them or they'll be worth a lot of money in a few months / years. This reminds me a lot of the 90's comic bubble, with all of the speculation and hording of various covers.
    I totally agree it's lame, but I didn't get the Thanos DM that just came out because too much of it was already collected in the Solo Guardians Omni that you can get on eBay for less than $30 dollars.

  5. #13970
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Also, for those that didn’t get to see the listing, IST priced the DM variant at $58 instead of $50 like the standard cover. I know they’ve done that before, but I haven’t noticed it in a while.

  6. #13971
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knapp40 View Post
    but I didn't get the Thanos DM that just came out because too much of it was already collected in the Solo Guardians Omni that you can get on eBay for less than $30 dollars.
    The Strange Tales and Warlock issues that Stalin did in the '70s aren't in the Solo Guardians Omni, I don't think.

  7. #13972
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    The Strange Tales and Warlock issues that Stalin did in the '70s aren't in the Solo Guardians Omni, I don't think.
    Solo Classic has Strange Tales 180-181 and Warlock 9-11 & 15. You gain 178 & 179 and Warlock 12-14 by getting Thanos Wars Omni. Also Captain Marvel 25, 26 & 34 over the Guardians for Starlin stuff. I was torn but wound up triple dipping on this. I have the CM & Warlock Masterworks and the Guardians Solo Omni, but it will be nice to have it ALL in one OHC.

    Edit: Almost forgot Marvel Graphic Novel 1 not in Guardians but in Thanos Wars.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-26-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

  8. #13973
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Recently became interested in collecting Pete David's Hulk per some recommendations on the forum...Assuming epics are the best route for this?

    Tried doing some research on my own, but wow...David wrote A LOT of Hulk.

    Out of the 4 released epics (Ghosts of Future Past, Fall of the Pantheon, Ghost of the Past, & Future Imperfect), which are the best?

  9. #13974
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Recently became interested in collecting Pete David's Hulk per some recommendations on the forum...Assuming epics are the best route for this?

    Tried doing some research on my own, but wow...David wrote A LOT of Hulk.

    Out of the 4 released epics (Ghosts of Future Past, Fall of the Pantheon, Ghost of the Past, & Future Imperfect), which are the best?
    The problem I have with these are they are all later in his run. I’d have preferred a couple Epics from the start of David’s long tenure on the title.

  10. #13975
    Amazing Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knapp40 View Post
    The trouble is that people are buying them cheap on IST and then turn around and flip them on eBay or Amazon or some other online marketplace. Also IST is one of a handful of places that sell the DM variants at such a initial steep discount (on top of orders that are 50 dollars or more are free shipping). It's also a speculation thing, and with the Avengers Movie coming out (see the DM for Avengers Omnibus vol 4 that sold out in 2 or 3 hours) and Thanos being a major villain in the movie, those collected editions will sell out fast because people think that they'll be able to either flip them or they'll be worth a lot of money in a few months / years. This reminds me a lot of the 90's comic bubble, with all of the speculation and hording of various covers.
    I completely agree. Same goes for the scarcity/inflated spec prices of the core Marvel omni collections that should be readily available.

  11. #13976
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Comic sales are way down, and all of a sudden this lack of DM variants? No...I think less are being printed.

  12. #13977
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Goblin Nation and Assassin Nation are the two Spidey ones for 2019. I think they stick with 2-3 a year for him. There are two X-Men ones, as well - v4 (the catch-all collection before Giant Size, I think) and Dissolution and Rebirth (248-267) this year. We don't know anything about winter releases yet

    Thank you! Well still not the Spidey Epics I want or need, of course, but they'll come out hopefully before I die. I'll get those later X-Men ones though since I missed the Claremont/Lee omnis.

    On the other note, I'm also surprised to see the DM variant covers selling so fast. Thankfully I'm not an Avengers fan as those recent ones went quick! I've got ASM omni 4 preordered from ToW to help preserve my sanity.

  13. #13978
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Recently became interested in collecting Pete David's Hulk per some recommendations on the forum...Assuming epics are the best route for this?

    Tried doing some research on my own, but wow...David wrote A LOT of Hulk.

    Out of the 4 released epics (Ghosts of Future Past, Fall of the Pantheon, Ghost of the Past, & Future Imperfect), which are the best?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    The problem I have with these are they are all later in his run. I’d have preferred a couple Epics from the start of David’s long tenure on the title.
    The Hulk Visionaries: Peter David volumes (all 8 of them!) collect #331-396, with the first Epic Collection (I believe?) starting with #397. I'm sure we will get 3 or 4 Epics re-collecting those early issues sooner than later, now that the Visionaries books are all OOP.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  14. #13979
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Thank you! Well still not the Spidey Epics I want or need, of course, but they'll come out hopefully before I die. I'll get those later X-Men ones though since I missed the Claremont/Lee omnis.
    Which Spidey ones are you waiting for? I'm getting really annoyed we don't have Gang War yet, would like to see some attention paid to the era that's mostly uncollected (more or less what I'm guessing would be ASM Epics v8-12) and I'm champing at the bit for some SSM collections
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  15. #13980
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Hulk Visionaries: Peter David volumes (all 8 of them!) collect #331-396, with the first Epic Collection (I believe?) starting with #397. I'm sure we will get 3 or 4 Epics re-collecting those early issues sooner than later, now that the Visionaries books are all OOP.
    I love Peter Davids Hulk. I wanted to check it out so started picking up the Epics and it exceeded my expectations. I recommend picking them up. I would start by going in order with what is available.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •