Page 1297 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 29779711971247128712931294129512961297129812991300130113071347 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,455 of 20762
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I was kinda hoping Immortal Hulk would be 2 volumes. Smaller omnibus are easier to read than those really big ones. easy on the hands.
    I prefer one big volume to two small/medium volumes. I always feel like the publisher is doing a cash grab when they do multi volume sets that barely crack 30 issues.

Having said that, I thing the Captain Marvel: Genis Vell omni could be expanded to cover all of the character appearances instead of just the PAD series. That would be perfect for a two volume set.

The WIkipedia page has Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man/Deadpool as future Epic Collections. I did not think these collections extended to this recently. Is the listing in error?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The WIkipedia page has Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man/Deadpool as future Epic Collections. I did not think these collections extended to this recently. Is the listing in error?
    Not an error.

Marvel is rebranding their "Complete Collections" as "Modern Epic Collections"

Incredible Member

Does anybody know when X-Men Epic Collections might do Vol 18? The one with Days of Future Present and the X-Tinction Agenda? Them going ahead and doing Vol 21 and Vol 22 has been a bit frustrating. I don't mind if they continue on from Vol 8, but going ahead while there's still so much uncovered feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Not an error.

Marvel is rebranding their "Complete Collections" as "Modern Epic Collections"
    Ugh. That is disappointing. Means the Epics may never actually be a complete line.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Does anybody know when X-Men Epic Collections might do Vol 18? The one with Days of Future Present and the X-Tinction Agenda? Them going ahead and doing Vol 21 and Vol 22 has been a bit frustrating. I don't mind if they continue on from Vol 8, but going ahead while there's still so much uncovered feels wrong.
    I feel you on this. On the one hand I quit the X-books when Chris got pushed out so I'll probably get these in a digital sale just to read, on the other hand I'd rather they completed Chris's run on the book before going into what I'm sure I will think is lesser than even burned out Claremont.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

1. LOKI: GOD OF STORIES collects: Loki (2004) 1-4; Loki (2010) 1-4; Loki: Agent of Asgard (32014) 1-17; Original Sin (2014) 5.1-5.5; Vote Loki (2016) 1-4, Loki (2019) 1-5; Avengers: Loki Unleashed (2019 1; material from All-New Marvel Now! Point One (2014) 1, War of the Realms: Omega (2019) 1

2. DEFENDERS VOLUME 2 collects: Defenders (1972) 20-41, Annual 1, Giant-Size 3-5; Marvel Two in One 6-7; Marvel Treasury Edition 12, material from Mystery Tales (1952) 21, World of Fntasy (1956) 11, Tales of Suspense (1959) 9

3. IMMORTAL HULK collects: Immortal Hulk (2018) 1-50; Immortal Hulk: The Best Defense (2018) 1; Defenders: The Best Defense (2018) 1; Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk (2019) 1; Immortal Hulk (2020) 0; Immortal She-Hulk (2020) 1; King in Black: Immortal Hulk (2020) 1; Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters (2021) 1; material from Avengers (2018) 684.
    I'll be picking up Defenders Vol. 2. DM cover for me. Very glad to see them going with the Gil Kane cover. A favourite of mine as well as Javier Rodriguez's "rendition" of it in Waid's Daredevil run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Lore View Post
    I feel you on this. On the one hand I quit the X-books when Chris got pushed out so I'll probably get these in a digital sale just to read, on the other hand I'd rather they completed Chris's run on the book before going into what I'm sure I will think is lesser than even burned out Claremont.
    Yeah, it's frustrating. Every month I see the solicitations and it's like there's a million Avengers, Conan and Star Wars epics coming out but like one for X-Men every three months. Yeah, I know X-Factor, X-Force and Generation X get covered too - but New Mutants and Excalibur are done, so why can't we get more X-Men?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    You die had X-Fans do realize that for multiple consecutive years the X-Men got the largest amount of Omnis produced. Not to mention numerous DLX OHC that could easily be a small Omni.
    I count 19 Omnis in my collection before getting to things like Mutant Massacre(which is now an Omni), Inferno, Inferno Crossovers, Bishops Crossing etc.

Ease up on the crocodile tears.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    You die had X-Fans do realize that for multiple consecutive years the X-Men got the largest amount of Omnis produced. Not to mention numerous DLX OHC that could easily be a small Omni.
    I count 19 Omnis in my collection before getting to things like Mutant Massacre(which is now an Omni), Inferno, Inferno Crossovers, Bishops Crossing etc.

LOL, we don't all like Omnibus. I shockingly picked up 3 this year (2Power Pack, and Superman Exile) only because it was really the only option for the material. I like to actually read the books I buy, and Omnibus is the last format I want.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^

I don't give a rat's ass about omnibuses. I'm not going to break my back lugging those across the room. Literally all I want is for one specific epic to be released since we got like one X-Men epic every six months while 80 ones of Conan.

Pumped for the Immortal Hulk collection. Big events and bombastic summer crossovers have never really been my thing, I’ve always most enjoyed long self-contained stories that don’t impact the entire line. As such, Immortal Hulk is one of my favorite Marvel outputs of the last 10-15 years.

Astonishing Member

1 reprint tied to an upcoming show

1 new title never before collected.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

1 reprint tied to an upcoming show

1 new title never before collected.

I can't believe these two are coming out and I STILL haven't gotten a Silver Age Namor omnibus? Come on!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I can't believe these two are coming out and I STILL haven't gotten a Silver Age Namor omnibus? Come on!
    Marvel is really scraping the bottom of the barrel in some of these new announcements. People are going to realize they are buying utter junk after a while right? Xmen 2099 and Marvel Zombies - really?

They should focus on finishing their best runs first like the aforementioned Claremont Xmen Epics which have apparently stalled for over a year now.
    Whats the hold up?
    Oh right...Xmen 2099 (and a ton of other 90s drek) needs a collection. ::barf::
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm