Page 1058 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 5855895810081048105410551056105710581059106010611062106811081158 ... LastLast
Results 15,856 to 15,870 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Excellent! They did the same to me the other day and I nabbed one. It's stuck in CA right now but should get to me by early next week I would imagine. I've learned to take what used to be "normal" USPS times and add like another 3 days to it, to get a more accurate time. At least on regular and media mail. They're holding pretty good on Priority mail, which tells me they focus on that and kick everything else aside and just get to it when they can. oh well,as long as it gets here. ;-)
    Media Mail is giving me a hassle at the moment. Two lots I sold haven’t updated in a week. I sold some other books this week and bit the bullet in getting insurance which I normally don’t do as they seem to be losing packages more during these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Media Mail is giving me a hassle at the moment. Two lots I sold haven’t updated in a week. I sold some other books this week and bit the bullet in getting insurance which I normally don’t do as they seem to be losing packages more during these times.
    Dude, don't I know it. I had two separate instances where items just sat (i.e. dissappeared) for WEEKS. Open a claim via USPS.com - not an insurance claim, but a "where is my package?" kind of claim.
    Often times this spurs them into motion, and the box that's sitting in a pile to be gone through later, now someone is actually going through the pile looking for it, and typically BAM! it'll suddenly show up in tracking as "onto next destination" again in a day or two.

I've now started insuring every package sent via USPS if it's over $50, paid for by me, just to make sure if they do dissappear the buyer will be covered and I won't be out the book AND the money (to refund the buyer).
    For items that are expensive, like I sold some higher end books that was like $300, that I ship Priority Mail. Again, it takes $ out of your profits, but you can rest easy that it'll get there in 3-4 days.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Dude, don't I know it. I had two separate instances where items just sat (i.e. dissappeared) for WEEKS. Open a claim via USPS.com - not an insurance claim, but a "where is my package?" kind of claim.
    Often times this spurs them into motion, and the box that's sitting in a pile to be gone through later, now someone is actually going through the pile looking for it, and typically BAM! it'll suddenly show up in tracking as "onto next destination" again in a day or two.

I've now started insuring every package sent via USPS if it's over $50, paid for by me, just to make sure if they do dissappear the buyer will be covered and I won't be out the book AND the money (to refund the buyer).
    For items that are expensive, like I sold some higher end books that was like $300, that I ship Priority Mail. Again, it takes $ out of your profits, but you can rest easy that it'll get there in 3-4 days.
    What is your cutoff dollar amount for when you do priority? I might have to start doing that as well. I sold a fables deluxe set for $475 recently using media mail and hoping it will get to the buyer with no issue. I’ve started insuring for items above $100 but I like your method better so I’ll start insuring $50 and above as well I think. The dollar amount I insure for is usually my final take after all fees and expenses including shipping. I just sold my sealed copy of the UXF Omni as well for $225. IST is supposed to be getting copies either today, next Tuesday or the Tuesday after that so one of those three dates from what I heard Near Mint say. I figured I’d take a chance and try for a copy then which would basically be free for me and then some as I sold my copy for a $130 profit. People paying $200 plus for it must not be aware that more stock is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    What is your cutoff dollar amount for when you do priority? I might have to start doing that as well. I sold a fables deluxe set for $475 recently using media mail and hoping it will get to the buyer with no issue. I’ve started insuring for items above $100 but I like your method better so I’ll start insuring $50 and above as well I think. The dollar amount I insure for is usually my final take after all fees and expenses including shipping. I just sold my sealed copy of the UXF Omni as well for $225. IST is supposed to be getting copies either today, next Tuesday or the Tuesday after that so one of those three dates from what I heard Near Mint say. I figured I’d take a chance and try for a copy then which would basically be free for me and then some as I sold my copy for a $130 profit. People paying $200 plus for it must not be aware that more stock is expected.
    Probably anything over $200 I would do Priority vs media Mail. An omnibus costs ~$30 vs $10-12, so you lose out on $20, but again, peace of mind when the cost is that great.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Probably anything over $200 I would do Priority vs media Mail. An omnibus costs ~$30 vs $10-12, so you lose out on $20, but again, peace of mind when the cost is that great.
    Thanks and yeah I think the added cost seems to be worth the peace of mind. I also submit missing mail requests which as you said can get it moving sometimes. A lot of anxiety with USPS lol that’s for sure. Partly why I don’t enjoy selling what with all the hassles but gotta pare down the collection at the moment if only to free up some shelf space and dough for the glut of omnis coming down the pipeline over the next few months.

Spectacular Member

Do we know when Uncanny X-Force is coming back to IST?

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    CGN sent me an in-stock notification a few minutes ago
    How do you do this? Just by adding it to your Wishlist?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    How do you do this? Just by adding it to your Wishlist?
    Yup. They usually show up early Tuesday morning before Diamond release day
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I need to share this with people who can appreciate it properly... When the Uncanny X-Force omni reprint was announced I immediately pre-ordered (and payed) it. I then forgot all about it and in the hectic of the corona crisis I didn't have the time to buy new comics. I then visited another site and saw that it's out of stock everywhere, I was pretty bummed since I was waiting on that omni for years and never read the story as I wanted to read it in oversized format.. Yesterday I checked the website that I usually do pre-orders on (to do new pre-orders) and saw that the Uncanny X-Force omni is ready to be shipped and just needed confirmation, I confirmed it but saw that it was out of stock on the website so I was expecting it to be cancelled. However, 5 minutes ago I received the shipping confirmation so it should be arriving shortly and, since I forgot that I paid it, I feel like I'm getting a free omnibus haha.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I need to share this with people who can appreciate it properly... When the Uncanny X-Force omni reprint was announced I immediately pre-ordered (and payed) it. I then forgot all about it and in the hectic of the corona crisis I didn't have the time to buy new comics. I then visited another site and saw that it's out of stock everywhere, I was pretty bummed since I was waiting on that omni for years and never read the story as I wanted to read it in oversized format.. Yesterday I checked the website that I usually do pre-orders on (to do new pre-orders) and saw that the Uncanny X-Force omni is ready to be shipped and just needed confirmation, I confirmed it but saw that it was out of stock on the website so I was expecting it to be cancelled. However, 5 minutes ago I received the shipping confirmation so it should be arriving shortly and, since I forgot that I paid it, I feel like I'm getting a free omnibus haha.
    Congrats! That's quite a series of events that most times would result in no product. But it's 2020, so anything goes.

Spectacular Member

It is funny to me but this is exactly why I don’t preorder Omnibus’.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Haha that is pretty damn cool. Nice surprise from yourself. lol. Memory's a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    It is funny to me but this is exactly why I don’t preorder Omnibus’.
    Why? Because you forget you preordered something?

Spectacular Member

Haha that is pretty damn cool. Nice surprise from yourself. lol. Memory's a funny thing.

Why? Because you forget you preordered something?
    No because you pay usually an inflated price, zero communication with the seller, no guarantee I will even get the book... and on top of that you have to pay way ahead of time for all of this? No thanks.

I see it as a present from my past self

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    No because you pay usually an inflated price, zero communication with the seller, no guarantee I will even get the book... and on top of that you have to pay way ahead of time for all of this? No thanks.
    Uhm, this was actually the other way around. I received a 10 or 15% discount on the pre-order and I received an e-mail when it came into stock, it just got buried in my work e-mail. No fault on their side.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

I see it as a present from my past self

Uhm, this was actually the other way around. I received a 10 or 15% discount on the pre-order and I received an e-mail when it came into stock, it just got buried in my work e-mail. No fault on their side.

I wanted that Silver Surfer badly. When it sold out at the usual places, I preordered it from amazon (amazon being 2 weeks behind the usual places) because they had a slight ($10) discount. I ended up cancelling it when I realized that they’ve got to print it as part of the Epic Collection series. Since so many of my Surfer books are in that format already, I’m willing to wait. I know it could be a long while but I’m so behind on my reading as is, even during covid time.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”