Page 907 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4078078578979039049059069079089099109119179571007 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 20731
    Incredible Member

I pre-ordered the DM cover at my local dealer here in Europe and will get it either at the end of this week or beginning of the next.

Since we are on the topic of DM covers: did anyone see a DM cover being announced for the Infinity War Omnibus?

EDIT: nevermind, I think this is it: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT181002
    Last edited by Foxy; 01-16-2019 at 02:01 AM.

And here's the spine of the Savage Sword of Conan omni, too:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post

Looks pretty cool! If the majority of the Savage Sword material is drawn by Windsor-Smith and Buscema, I may consider buying it. Their work would be great also in black and white.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Looks pretty cool! If the majority of the Savage Sword material is drawn by Windsor-Smith and Buscema, I may consider buying it. Their work would be great also in black and white.
    Found a website with some preview pages to show the art: http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...oc_omni01.html

They also have one for the Conan the Barbarian omnibus: http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...tb_omni01.html

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post

Very very nice Conan spines. I wish they'd done something similar with the Shang Chi and Deadly Hands Omnibus spines instead of having the regular white writing on black.

Incredible Member

I was disappointed for a minute about missing out on the DM Conan cover as I don't love the regular one like most people. He seems mad on the regular cover. Probably cause he is very hot from standing on lava at the top of a tiny volcano opening. I just told myself that it wasn't as bad as that SHIELD omnibus with the TV cast cover at lease and moved on lol I will probably end up ordering the regular cover and be glad its cheaper I guess. Has there ever been a recent case with Marvel Omni's where there was a 10% price difference at release due to covers? I can't think of any other recent examples. Usually they are the same price I thought?
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 01-16-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Yeah they were gone by the time I checked. Weird that they're selling the ugly new cover for 55% though.

I haven't read any Conan comics since I was a kid so I'm only mildly curious, but I'd only snag it immediately with the original art cover. Otherwise I'll wait til IST offers it for 65% off or more.
    I was discussing this last night with a friend of mine and it is a dilemma to us. Why even offer a second cover, especially one so fugly.
    We wager the vast majority of Omni buyers are "library collectors" vs "casual reader" due to the price point. So, from a historical standpoint the BWS cover that is iconic and classic is what 85-90% of folks want. Leaving a margin of indifferent or who actually like the fugly cover type buyer.

I've never read the Marvel Conan so i was curious and was ready to buy the BWS direct market cover. However, I had a team meeting at work during the 2pm cst release of IST so I missed out. I'm not curious enough to buy that hideous cover even at 57% off. I'll either get the cover I want at a reasonable price(likely an option gone now) or I'll get the crappy cover at some crazy low clearance liquidation price or not at all.

How many more books could they have sold yesterday if they just had one cover and that was the BWS one? I'd wager hundreds at minimum.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I don't know how many books they printed but I think the Conan Omnibus in any cover may sell out quickly (for an omnibus). I have been seeing more and more omnibus'/MMW's sell out in a year or so. I'm not sure this will go the liquidation route. There seems to be a demand for Conan material but I could be wrong and it could be the same few hundred people buying up all the DM Marvel covers and Dark Horse Omnis quickly.

Yeah, kinda pissed about missing out on the DM cover for Conan (that is, unless they get more next week like CGN says), and I agree with the above how it's silly and annoying to make the cover more people want to be the more limited one.

And the Thanos War omni pictured above - is that out? I thought it wasn't coming out for a little while still - can't find a link for it on IST (unless they sold out, like they seem to be doing more and MORE!)

I'm with you guys, they should make the "modern" cover the limited version and make the regular cover with actual art from the series. I think I'll be preordering ASM vol.4 to make sure I get the cover I want.

RamblingMan may be right though - it might not stick around long either way. Whether it's more people buying these now or less copies being printed, it does seem like the major omnis sell out faster than I can afford to buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    And the Thanos War omni pictured above - is that out?
    Nope. Editor Cory Sedlmeier posted that pic of his advance copies.

Just to throw my opinion in here as well, I'm also not a fan of modern art on classic Gold/Silver/Bronze age books. I know the purpose of the DM variants is supposedly an incentive for preordering and buying from a lcs, usually at full cover price. I would buy the modern cover at 50+% discount over a full price dm variant. I wish they'd just use another classic cover on the standard one and a different classic one on the variant that is more rare, in a better attempt to keep most people happy.

Looking forward to getting a copy of Avengers Omnibus vol.4
    like the one on the bottom of his pile

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Just to throw my opinion in here as well, I'm also not a fan of modern art on classic Gold/Silver/Bronze age books. I know the purpose of the DM variants is supposedly an incentive for preordering and buying from a lcs, usually at full cover price. I would buy the modern cover at 50+% discount over a full price dm variant. I wish they'd just use another classic cover on the standard one and a different classic one on the variant that is more rare, in a better attempt to keep most people happy.
    Totally agree with that idea. Maybe use the original artwork like the Artist Editions or something like that for dm. At the very least, make the modern art not suck.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

What do you guys think the likelihood is of New Mutants by Claremont getting the omnibus treatment? I was thinking if the movie ever sees the light of day the chances might be high.. Thoughts?