Page 416 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 20773
    Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/842348235814432/?

if that link doesnt work, then they've set it to secret.
    That seems to be the case. Is there a way to apply to or get invited into "secret" groups? I've got some omnibuses that I would rather sell off than toss into paper recycling, and am thinking that some people there might like a shot at them.
    Last edited by WayneLW; 09-05-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    That seems to be the case. Is there a way to apply to or get invited into "secret" groups? I've got some omnibuses that I would rather sell off than toss into paper recycling, and am thinking that some people there might like a shot at them.
    I checked, it's not hidden, only way it'll show as nothing found is if you've been previously blocked from the group.

Are you in the US or UK? Might be interested if it's omnis I need.

Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I checked, it's not hidden, only way it'll show as nothing found is if you've been previously blocked from the group.

Are you in the US or UK? Might be interested if it's omnis I need.

I've been blocked before I even got a chance to enter.

I'm in Switzerland. If you go to the MMW Boards, I've got a list posted there, but shipping to the U.S. is expensive.
    Last edited by WayneLW; 09-05-2016 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I noticed the $35 dollar epics are all but gone (I think the New Mutants 1 is the only future $35), $40 is the new $35.
    I saw that coming when they introduced the Epic collection. They've been testing the $45 price point on a few paperback collections over the last couple years. Just wait and those will soon be commonplace!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post

I've been blocked before I even got a chance to enter.

I'm in Switzerland. If you go to the MMW Boards, I'v ego a list posted there, but shipping to the U.S. is expensive.
    If you PM me, I might be able to get it lifted for you?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I just finished reading the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Taking into account there were various writers and artists, I found it very readable with decent writing and in general very good art. For those who haven’t yet cracked it open, all the comics are in chronological order.

After hearing all the flak it received, I was quite apprehensive going in. I’m not a massive fan of the X-Men (although the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne Uncanny X-Men is one of my favourite runs), nor am I super X-knowledgeable, therefore, it’s possible I didn’t have very high expectations. I was afraid I would end up seeing a lot of that nasty 90s art with missing feet but I was quite pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t, however, too keen on the Generation Next issues with art by Chris Bachalo as I couldn’t always figure out what was going on, just too dark for my liking. The overall story was in general pretty grim with a ton of deaths which I suppose could be deemed more realistic when compared with other superhero comics.

I’m actually now considering picking up the Companion Omnibus if I can find it at not too high a price as the X-Men Chronicles and X-Universe issues are of interest to me, amongst others.

Reading through the second Avengers by Busiek & Perez omni and am at the "Nefaria Protocols" cross-over with Thunderbolts. The only thing I can think of while reading it, is what a shame it is that the Thunderbolts series didn't get the omni treatment as well. Bagley's art would have looked lovely over-sized.

So with the Vendor Guardians of the Galaxy omnibus coming up, is there any reason to buy that over the already released OHCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Reading through the second Avengers by Busiek & Perez omni and am at the "Nefaria Protocols" cross-over with Thunderbolts. The only thing I can think of while reading it, is what a shame it is that the Thunderbolts series didn't get the omni treatment as well. Bagley's art would have looked lovely over-sized.
    I'd be all over a Thunderbolts omnibus, even the stuff after Busiek I'd take

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Oh yeah that would be a instabuy omnibus.

So I'm reading through the Avengers Stand Off OHC and its....fine but I'm really enjoying the New Avengers issues in the book. It's only a couple of issues though. Has anyone been reading this series and enjoying it? Are the crossover issues representative of the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    So I'm reading through the Avengers Stand Off OHC and its....fine but I'm really enjoying the New Avengers issues in the book. It's only a couple of issues though. Has anyone been reading this series and enjoying it? Are the crossover issues representative of the series?
    I actually just read all the issues up through the Standoff tie-ins and I have to say, it is way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Ewing has a great handle on the characters & the story he is telling.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I read the first couple and really enjoyed it. I'm a fairly big Young Avenger fan, though.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd be all over a Thunderbolts omnibus, even the stuff after Busiek I'd take
    Same here. The fact that we got a New Warriors vol.1 Omni(I'd go for a volume 2 but I digress) and now the 90's GotG Omni is coming I'm holding out for a proper Thunderbolts Omni combining, roughly, at least the first two TPB collections.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Would you recommend buying the Standoff OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenames9 View Post
    Would you recommend buying the Standoff OHC?
    So far (I haven't finished it yet) no. The story is totally fine but a bit of a mess and nothing really interesting. It's just okay. BUT, I still have a little less then half of it to go. I got it because I collect OHCs, it was cheap and it has some important moments regarding my favorite character.