Page 1339 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3398391239128913291335133613371338133913401341134213431349 ... LastLast
Results 20,071 to 20,085 of 20768

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

4. DC vs. Marvel/Amalgam
    I'd very much like to see this. Don't think we will, though.

Peace

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Yes, it is. And it won't get a reprint after this one.
    Actually, someone can check me on this, but I’m fairly sure both Marvel and Conan Properties have confirmed that part of the licensing agreement back in 2018 or whenever it was included that Marvel retains the rights to reprint recent stories featuring Conan. They can’t publish NEW stories featuring him, or reprint most of their classic stories, but I believe there are some carve-outs (an issue of “What If…?” that WILL be in an upcoming omni), and that includes being able to reprint their 2018-2022 Conan material.

Now, WILL they? Maybe not… they might not want to devote resources to a character they don’t own and can’t use going forward. But if I understand correctly, they CAN reprint it if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Actually, someone can check me on this, but I’m fairly sure both Marvel and Conan Properties have confirmed that part of the licensing agreement back in 2018 or whenever it was included that Marvel retains the rights to reprint recent stories featuring Conan. They can’t publish NEW stories featuring him, or reprint most of their classic stories, but I believe there are some carve-outs (an issue of “What If…?” that WILL be in an upcoming omni), and that includes being able to reprint their 2018-2022 Conan material.

Now, WILL they? Maybe not… they might not want to devote resources to a character they don’t own and can’t use going forward. But if I understand correctly, they CAN reprint it if they want.
    I'm pretty sure that's the case. They can't be that obtuse to repeat the same mistakes they made in the '70s.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the case. They can't be that obtuse to repeat the same mistakes they made in the '70s.
    Well it is Marvel, which cancelled one of its flagship titles because an old man had a temper tantrum….

I thought the "Avengers Epic Collection: Acts Of Vengeance" was supposed to come out today. IST has "Fantastic Four Epic Collection: The Dream Is Dead" which also was supposed to come out today. Amazon has it. I remember a time when IST was two weeks *ahead* of Amazon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Well it is Marvel, which cancelled one of its flagship titles because an old man had a temper tantrum….
    What are you referring to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    What are you referring to?
    I believe he is referring to the fact that Fantastic Four ended in 2015 with Secret Wars. I don't think anything has been officially confirmed, but the most accepted rumor is that Ike Perlmutter demanded that Fantastic Four be cancelled (and the X-Men titles receive less attention) due to the fact that Fox had the film rights instead of Disney/Marvel. He allegedly felt that the comics were supporting the movies and did not want to support a competitor like 20th Century Fox.

Fantastic Four did get a new series in 2018 after the Fox buyout and after Perlmutter had less influence on Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Again mine were more oddball--

1. Questprobe with the marvel fanfare and Quasar issues.

2. Patsy walker classic omni

3. Secret wars 3 from the 80s fantastic four comic

4. x-men: #4 in a four issue limited series--80s x-men limited 4 issue series like iceman, firestar, magik and avengers vs x-men collection

5. Godzilla 70s comic in color (i know but worth a shot)

6. Classic marvel best covers of all time (they could even let fans vote on the covers)

7. Spider-man and the outlaws / silver sables wildpack

8. Classic marvel kids comics-like harmie the happy ghost, millie the model and others.

9. Indiana Jones the marvel collection

10. Miss america collection including the 2000s one shot and invaders and avengers issues.

Surprised Kirby's Thor Epic Vol 2 didnt make the cut.
    Surly that will be reprinted one day im hoping.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Hey, I hope this isn't annoying (though I think some of you may find this fun - I would if I knew my chronology better), but can someone help me put these books in rough chronological order. They already kinda are, but not really, not as much as I'd like them to be, and I know there are books that overlap or whatever, but I can't seem to figure out a better order. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Hey, I hope this isn't annoying (though I think some of you may find this fun - I would if I knew my chronology better), but can someone help me put these books in rough chronological order. They already kinda are, but not really, not as much as I'd like them to be, and I know there are books that overlap or whatever, but I can't seem to figure out a better order. Thanks in advance!

Hi Slop,

While I cannot help with the chrono order, it is fun looking at all of them, especially when they have pics on bindings!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This will help you a lot!

http://www.maelmill-insi.de/UHBMCC/

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    This will help you a lot!

http://www.maelmill-insi.de/UHBMCC/
    Thanks, but I have no idea how to properly navigate that site, and after looking through it, I'm even more confused on the chronology than before!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

who cares about the order, I just care about how beautiful it all is - so so jealous!