Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    What are the chances of a collection trade of Marvel Swimsuit Issues 1991 to 1995.
    I'm going to say pretty small. I don't think a giant book of mostly naked women would fly too well in today's market. Even if it sold well, probably not worth the possible hit Marvel took in Twitter PR.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I'm going to say pretty small. I don't think a giant book of mostly naked women would fly too well in today's market. Even if it sold well, probably not worth the possible hit Marvel took in Twitter PR.
    There's also fanservice with guys in those too, I guess Udon Entertainment is the only comic company that still published swimsuit books on Street Fighter characters.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What are the chances of a collection trade of Marvel Swimsuit Issues 1991 to 1995.
    Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Sports Illustrated on the regular is still producing a Swimsuit Issue every year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Books announced:

Marvel Masterworks
    Avengers Vol 22
    Daredevil Vol 16
    Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 5
    Captain America Vol 14
    Incredible Hulk Vol 16
    Werewolf By Night Vol 1

Complete Collections
    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Vol 5
    Captain America Heroes Return Vol 2
    Fantastic Four Heroes Return Vol 4
    Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Vol 4
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man Vol 2

Other
    Wolverine Origin Deluxe Edition
    Spirits of Vengeance: Rise of the Midnight Sons

The Young Avengers by Heinberg and Cheung omnibus will now include the Young Avengers Presents 6 issue mini according to the Saturday Q and A.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 10-18-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Glad to see the Spectacular SM vol.5 if only cause I'm holding out for that first Omni at some point. Maybe that will be 2023 now.

The only pickup for me will be Spirits of Vengeance: Rise of the Midnight Sons.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Young Avengers by Heinberg and Cheung omnibus will now include the Young Avengers Presents 6 issue mini according to the Saturday Q and A.
    Do you mean the 6 issue mini? Or are they just including 2 issues from the mini?

Personally, I think they should go the whole way, and include all the YA minis between the first and second Heinberg/Cheung series. Throw in the Siege one shot too. They're not essential reading for the Heinberg/Cheung issues, but most of them are good stories, and this would be the best chance, and most logical place, to collect them in an omni. Plus, even if it increased the cover price to $125, it would still be far better value than the 23 issue $100 omni that was originally solicited.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Do you mean the 6 issue mini? Or are they just including 2 issues from the mini?

Personally, I think they should go the whole way, and include all the YA minis between the first and second Heinberg/Cheung series. Throw in the Siege one shot too. They're not essential reading for the Heinberg/Cheung issues, but most of them are good stories, and this would be the best chance, and most logical place, to collect them in an omni. Plus, even if it increased the cover price to $125, it would still be far better value than the 23 issue $100 omni that was originally solicited.
    I edited my original comment to clarify that YA Presents is 6 issues.

I'd love to get all the YA material in the omnibus including the Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign minis. Apparently the YA Presents is getting included since it is the only mini not in HC collection yet.

I edited my original comment to clarify that YA Presents is 6 issues.

I'd love to get all the YA material in the omnibus including the Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign minis. Apparently the YA Presents is getting included since it is the only mini not in HC collection yet.
    I'm trying to remember which HCs the SI or DR minis have been collected in, and I'm drawing a blank. I know CW mini was collected in one of the OHCs from about 10 years ago (Fantastic Four I think), and all the Siege one shots were collected in their own OHC, but I've got nothing for the others.

Books announced:

Marvel Masterworks
    Avengers Vol 22
    Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 5

Fantastic Four Heroes Return Vol 4
    Some good things to look forward too for sure. Marvel is still the king of reprints.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Complete Collections
    Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Vol 5
    Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Vol 4
    I'd love to sell off my single issues and pick these runs up in collected editions, but the first couple of trades on both lines went OOP super fast, and I'm trying to avoid omnis if there's another option. What to do... what to do...

Other
    Spirits of Vengeance: Rise of the Midnight Sons
    Cool that this is getting a reprint! I bought the last edition, and was hoping we'd get Midnight Massacre or Siege of Darkness too...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Thank God.
    (though yes the YA crossover minis should be included here or in their own separate OHC)

There's also fanservice with guys in those too, I guess Udon Entertainment is the only comic company that still published swimsuit books on Street Fighter characters.
    Oh, I know. I'm just assuming the types of folks that wig out on Twitter would gloss over that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Sports Illustrated on the regular is still producing a Swimsuit Issue every year.
    I'm admittedly an out-of-touch old man, so what do I know, but I'm assuming Sports Illustrated and Marvel try to project different images these days.

----

I'm all for Marvel reprinting the swimsuit issues. If people want it, put it out.

Astonishing Member

Lot of people are going to be happy with this announcement.

Incredible Member

Hallelujah!!

Honestly surprised their doing that run of X-Factor on Omnibus - of course I'll be getting it, just surprising is all.
    Time to sell my collected editions of it, I suppose.