Page 945 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359419429439449459469479489499559951045 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 20743
    Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Just wad up a piece of acid free comic board and stick it under the pge block at the end. Boom, no sagging due to gravity

Do X-Men Classic Vol 1 and 2 contain anything less than X-Men Classic Omnibus?

Hi guys, been away for quite a while! I have a question, does anyone know if the 2016 Miles Morales' Spider-Man run will ever be collected in HC (other than the OOP omnibus)?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Hi guys, been away for quite a while! I have a question, does anyone know if the 2016 Miles Morales' Spider-Man run will ever be collected in HC (other than the OOP omnibus)?
    In the long run, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

But there's nothing scheduled up until the end of the year, and Masterworks aside, Marvel doesn't typically re-release series in HC (oversized or standard) after it's been collected in Omnibus form.

Surprisingly, Straczynski vol.1 Omni is not chunky at all. I was kinda shocked how thin vol.1 is. Might be the case with different type of paper (which equals thiner pages) which Marvel now supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    In the long run, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

But there's nothing scheduled up until the end of the year, and Masterworks aside, Marvel doesn't typically re-release series in HC (oversized or standard) after it's been collected in Omnibus form.
    Thank you! Such a shame, Miles has become one of my favorite characters.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - April 2019

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for April 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

32. The Infinity War Omnibus - 1,302
    47. Marvel Masterworks: Avengers Vol. 19 HC - 1,105
    48. Decades: Marvel in the 70s - Legion of Monsters TPB - 1,093
    57. Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 23: Fear the Reaper - 990
    59. Iron Man Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Man Who Killed Tony Stark - 949
    71. Spider-Man 2099 vs. Venom 2099 TPB - 861
    73. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Empire Vol. 5 - 848
    74. Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Heart of Yag-Kosha - 844
    78. Doctor Strange by Donny Cates OHC - 814
    97. Infinity by Starlin & Hickman Omnibus - 701
    98. Avenging Spider-Man: The Complete Collection - 693
    131. Spider-Man: Light in the Darkness TPB - 512
    138. X-Men by Milligan Vol. 1: Dangerous Liaisons TPB - 494
    144. The Despicable Deadpool OHC - 485
    148. Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil Vol. 13 HC (Regular Cover) – 475
    152. Avengers World: The Complete Collection - 456
    157. Thor By Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection - 448
    176. Iron Man: Heroes Return - The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 414
    209. Mighty Avengers by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection - 346
    398. Avengers: Earth Mightiest Box Set Slipcase - 174

For comparison, DC's April 2019 Omnibus figures:

68. The Death & Return of Superman Omnibus (3rd Edition) - 899
    105. World’s Finest: Batman & Superman – The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 - 652

As I predicted last month, Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil Vol. 13 HC charted again but this time with the Regular Silver Cover. Last month only the Variant Cover made it to retail. This gives an overall total of 1008 of the MMW which is the norm.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for April 2019 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

32. The Infinity War Omnibus - 1,302
    47. Marvel Masterworks: Avengers Vol. 19 HC - 1,105

71. Spider-Man 2099 vs. Venom 2099 TPB - 861
    Surely we shall get an Infinity Crusade Omni as well. Solid first month numbers on IW.
    I like the number on the SM/V 2099 as well. I'm holding out that after all these TPBs the Collections Dept will finally give us our Miguel Spider-man 2099 Omni!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Is it a strange hangup that I don't want to buy the Infinity War omni because it doesn't map out the story in order. It just lumps the different series one after the other?

That bothers me as a reading experience.

I feel your pain, my brother. I went through this with the IG omnibus as well, but we seem to be in the minority for reasons quoted as "it makes for a bad reading experience" and "things happen between panels, it doesn't work," when in reality, fellas like you and I would prefer marvel do their best with it.

After all, there are trades and other collections of these same stories with the straightforward/optimal reading experience. This is an OMNIBUS. The vast majority of ppl buying these are hardcore fans of comics who look up reading orders and actually, well, IDK, LOVE the tie-ins and other stories. I want the full experience, I've already read these stories in their stripped-down forms.

An Omnibus should definitely have everything in reading order.

The only exception I can think of is the Shadowland Omni, where I'm personally glad the DD issues and main Shadowland mini are grouped together in reading order, with all of the other tie-in issues placed together after. I prefer the flow of reading the Diggle-scripted stories on their own, independent of the ancillary stuff.

Anyone going to take advantage of the coming Marvel liquidation sale? I see CGN already has them posted at 50% off - is this as cheap as they'll be?

I'm considering X-Men Classic omni cause I doubt it'll get any cheaper, though there are TPBs now. Maybe the New X-Men or Age of Apocalypse omnis but I've never read any of it and really only want to complete my X-Men collection with the Claremont era.

What are some thoughts on these or others you're considering?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Where did you hear of an upcoming Marvel liquidation?

* Nevermind...I see it's a CGN sale. Thanks!
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 05-17-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Anyone going to take advantage of the coming Marvel liquidation sale? I see CGN already has them posted at 50% off - is this as cheap as they'll be?

I'm considering X-Men Classic omni cause I doubt it'll get any cheaper, though there are TPBs now. Maybe the New X-Men or Age of Apocalypse omnis but I've never read any of it and really only want to complete my X-Men collection with the Claremont era.

I recently purchased the X-Men Classic Omnibus. It started off pretty strong, but as soon as Claremont stops writing the back-up stories, it gets pretty bad. Bad enough that I could not even finish reading the remaining few issues.

I will say the format and extra contents are pretty nice though! Lots of Mignola covers in the back.

I say go for it with New X-Men & AOA. Both are awesome reads! Both are on their second printing, so once these go OOP, I doubt we will see them again in this format.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post

The liquidation sale is through Diamond, so you can also check with your local shop to see what discounts they'll offer. Many are willing to match or go below CGN or IST prices.