Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I totally agree. What I can't understand is why the Jurgens' Cap is retailing at $125 when there's less than 800 pages??!? The Remender Cap is the same price and there's over 1000 pages.
    I remember the early days when an omni under 1000 pages was a mere $75 (less with pre-order discounts!).

Good times... *sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

From the March 2021 Solicitations of Marvel Collected Editions i will be getting Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 02.
    Looking forward to have stories as the Galactus Trilogy in a Omnibus edition.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I remember the early days when an omni under 1000 pages was a mere $75 (less with pre-order discounts!).

Good times... *sigh*
    Yes indeed. Silver Surfer was at $75, the reprint $100. I can't understand the $100 price tag on the Marvel Cosmic Donny Cates Omnibus. Not only is it just over 500 pages but most of the content will be duplicated in the Cosmic Ghost Rider Omnibus.

Did the New Mutants omni already sell out on IST? Checked yesterday and said coming would be available today. Now it is showing as available yesterday and shows product not found on the my wish list.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Did the New Mutants omni already sell out on IST? Checked yesterday and said coming would be available today. Now it is showing as available yesterday and shows product not found on the my wish list.
    Pushed back to next week.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes indeed. Silver Surfer was at $75, the reprint $100. I can't understand the $100 price tag on the Marvel Cosmic Donny Cates Omnibus. Not only is it just over 500 pages but most of the content will be duplicated in the Cosmic Ghost Rider Omnibus.
    Funny, Silver Surfer and Brubaker's Captain America were actually the ones I was looking at when I typed that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Sigh... I'm just salty about still no Aaron Thor omni haha... I'm sure they're timing it with Thor 4 but the Aaron run is easily 2 omnis.
    This I do NOT understand. There would be vol 1 which would be the two God of Thunder OHCs (~25 issues). Makes sense to have it all together in its own book.
    Vol 2 would start the Jane Foster stuff (Maybe the one issue where Thor learns he's unworthy...) from the event mini. If they do two OHCs per omni, then that would be two omnis (vols 2 + 3) before you hit the War of the Realms omni.

Here's what I don't understand. YOu could think, logically, that the Jane Foster material is what they would want to release to coincide with the movie, since, well, it has Jane Foster as Thor in it!
    So why don't they release the God of Thunder Omni NOW/2nd half of 2021 (a logical 'volume 1') so that they can release the Jane Foster vol 2 at the time of the movie?

Maybe it'll show up in the next round of omni announcements, but again, it makes no sense to me. Just put this material out already. The only thing holding some of this back could be them doing the 'complete collections' trades, but the God of Thunder material is already done. so get it out in omnibus format now already. ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Its still in stock at Forbidden Planet, £72, might be worth contacting for a postage quote.
    Oof! They want £50 for shipping alone! Which makes the whole thing $160! Still to rich for my blood.

Upcoming Epic Collections for the rest of 2021

Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 06 - A Traitor Stalks Within Us (Avengers #98-114 & Daredevil #99)

Morbius Epic Collection Vol. 02 - The End Of A Living Vampire (Fear #27-31, Marvel Premiere #28, Marvel Two-In-One #15, Spectacular Spider-Man #6-8, Savage She-Hulk #-9-12; material from Vampire Tales #9-11 & Annual #1, Marvel Preview #8)

Star Wars Legends: The Old Republic Epic Collection Vol. 05 (Star Wars The Old Republic #1-6, The Lost Suns #1-5, Lost Tribe of the Sith - Spiral #1-5; material from star Wars Tales #17 & 23 and Star Wars Visionaries)

Thor Epic Collection Vol. 20 - The Final Gauntlet (Thor #451-467 & Thor Corps #1-4)

Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 07 - Shadows Over Kush (Conan The Avenger #1-19)

Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 09 - The Vampiric Verses (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #14-33, Ghost Rider #12)

Generation X Epic Collection Vol. 01 - Back To School (Uncanny X-Men #316-318, X-Men #36-37, Generation X #1-9, Wolverine #94, Generation X Collectors Preview, Generation X Ashcan)

Punisher Epic Collection Vol. 04 - Return To Big Nothing (Punisher #26-34 & Annual #3, Classic Punisher #1, Epic Graphic Novel: Punisher - Return to Big Nothing, Marvel Graphic Novel: Punisher - Intruder, Punisher: Kingdom Gone)

Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 14 - The Captain (Captain America #333-350 & Iron Man #228)

Conan: The Original Marvel Years Epic Collection Vol. 03 - The Curse of The Golden Skull (Conan The Barbarian #27-42 and material from Annual #1)

New Mutants Epic Collection Vol. 05 - Sudden Death (New Mutants #55-70 & Annual #4)

Star Wars Legends: The Original Marvel Years Epic Collection Vol. 05 (Star Wars #74-88 & Annual #3, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi #1-4)

Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 03 - Blood and Claws (Wolverine #31-44, Wolverine: Bloodlust #1, Wolverine: Bloody Choices #1)

Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 26 - Lifetheft (Amazing Spider-Man #381-393 & Annual #28, Spider-Man #45, Spectacular Spider-Man #211, Web of Spider-Man #112, Amazing Spider-Man Ashcan Edition)

Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 07 - Battle of the Behemoths (Fantastic Four #105-125 & Annuals #8-9 (covers only))

Iron Man Epic Collection Vol. 20 - In The Hands Of Evil (Iron Man #310-318, War Machine #8-10, Force Works #6-7, Iron Man/Force Works Collectors Preview #1; material from Marvel Comics Presents #169-172)

Reprints

Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 09 - The Final Threat

Power Man and Iron Fist Vol. 01 - Heroes for Hire

Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 01 - Man or Monster

Moon Knight Epic Collection Vol. 01 - Bad Moon Rising

X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 19 - Mutant Genesis

Captain America Epic Collection Vol. 09 - Dawn's Early Light

Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 01 - Master of the Mystic Arts

Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 01 - The World's Greatest Comic Magazine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8j...rMintCondition
    Last edited by Garuda; 12-11-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Disappointed to not get a new X-Men Epic, but very excited to get my most wanted Wolverine Epic and second most wanted Spider-Man Epic.

Just to add that these Epic are for May to August 2021 only - there are still four more months of Epics to be announced at a later date.

Mighty Member

Happy to see Mutant Genesis get reprinted. I'm not that into the rest of the list, but maybe that just means I'll be wildly into the end of year offerings - c'mon Spider-man: Gang War, SW: Menace Revealed v3, SW: Clone Wars v4, and Silver Surfer v8 for Christmas 2021!! I need the pick-me-up
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    Upcoming Epic Collections for the rest of 2021

Generation X Epic Collection Vol. 01 - Back To School (Uncanny X-Men #316-318, X-Men #36-37, Generation X #1-9, Wolverine #94, Generation X Collectors Preview, Generation X Ashcan)

New Mutants Epic Collection Vol. 05 - Sudden Death (New Mutants #55-70 & Annual #4)

Wolverine Epic Collection Vol. 03 - Blood and Claws (Wolverine #31-44, Wolverine: Bloodlust #1, Wolverine: Bloody Choices #1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-8j...rMintCondition
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! Those three are must haves! Now if only Marvel would reprint Superior Spider-Man Complete Collection v2....
    Last edited by Thundershot; 12-11-2020 at 09:02 PM.

I'm all over that Wolverine Epic vol.3 - that's Silverstri's run on the book and it includes Alan Davis' fantastic "Bloodlust" one-shot.

Generation X??

:: heavy breathing ::