Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Is there a place where I can see upcoming Marvel collected edition releases and only that? The lists I have been able to find also includes all their floppy issues, which can be a chore for me to go through.
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...oup_by_isbn=on

This is (hopefully) sorted by date, so you'll have to go back a number of pages to see the current stuff, but this is the best you'll get short of doing a similar search on Amazon
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

This is (hopefully) sorted by date, so you'll have to go back a number of pages to see the current stuff, but this is the best you'll get short of doing a similar search on Amazon
    Thank you much!

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Thanks for that!

Got my Inferno omni today, fastest shipment I've received from IST in a year. This is one big book, too...looking forward to re-reading this after like 30 years (that hurt to type).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Got my Inferno omni today, fastest shipment I've received from IST in a year. This is one big book, too...looking forward to re-reading this after like 30 years (that hurt to type).
    Oddly enough I found a bunch of Inferno issues in a dollar bin over the weekend. Been reading it in the original comic-smell edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Got my Inferno omni today
    Could I ask how the book is laid out. Is it chronological or each series in chunks?

My X of Swords HC arrived today but man I'm sorely disappointed with the binding on it. Can't believe they used glue binding and it doesn't lay down till like halfway through. Kinda regret even opening it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Oddly enough I found a bunch of Inferno issues in a dollar bin over the weekend. Been reading it in the original comic-smell edition!
    Certainly more reasonable than the nearly $80 for the omni, not sure which smell I like better though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Could I ask how the book is laid out. Is it chronological or each series in chunks?
    I haven't cracked it yet, but the back shows that they went in order for the X-titles and the crossover titles are grouped after that.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    My X of Swords HC arrived today but man I'm sorely disappointed with the binding on it. Can't believe they used glue binding and it doesn't lay down till like halfway through. Kinda regret even opening it now.
    Aww man, is it possible to post pics?

I would like to see it before I order

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Are you sure? I cannot recall the last time Marvel released an OHC with glued binding- also, if it was glued binding, I'm surprised it lays down flat in any place.

It may just be a bad/tight binding. I thought my Planetary Omnibus was glued, as it does not really lay flat, but when you get to the centre pages there is definitely sewn binding. Many DC Omnibus editions are just really sewn too tightly whereby they don't properly lay flat- could be maybe X of Swords is an example. Haven't got mine yet, but I will look out for that.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Are you sure? I cannot recall the last time Marvel released an OHC with glued binding- also, if it was glued binding, I'm surprised it lays down flat in any place.

It may just be a bad/tight binding. I thought my Planetary Omnibus was glued, as it does not really lay flat, but when you get to the centre pages there is definitely sewn binding. Many DC Omnibus editions are just really sewn too tightly whereby they don't properly lay flat- could be maybe X of Swords is an example. Haven't got mine yet, but I will look out for that.
    I thought ALL OHCs had glued binding on them, or were some kinda hybrid binding. Infinity (Hickman), etc... all had that issue. But I could be wrong.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post

I'm absolutely sure it has glue binding. I believe Omar from Near Mint condition did a overview video of the HC that you can check out.

Amazing Member

All OHC that are produce in USA have glued binding. Practically all event/crossovers have glued binding but this is first book from a long time with 700+ pages.
    Books like ongoing series for example Immortal Hulk vol. 1, 2 are produce in China and have sewn binding at least for now.
    Theoretically if book in preorder will be on market in 6 month it will be produce in China or last time from Turkey, if it will be in 3 month it will be in USA/Canada for OHC it means poorer quality and more expensive.

Since it was sold out everywhere that offered a decent discount, I went ahead and got the Aphra omni from amazon at a measly 10% discount. At least it was free shipping - now we see if it'll get damaged due to their horrible packaging. Though lately, because amazon deliveries have been so quick/local, the boxes arrive clean and seemingly untouched, so even a poorly packaged book shouldn't get damaged.

Spectacular Member

Interesting- guess that they must treat 'classic' material differently, as all my X-men crossover OHCs are sewn I think.

Yeah that's kind of my thinking, that Marvel normally make sure books that size have sewn binding. Odd- and makes me think about cancelling. My order still hasn't been fulfilled by Amazon UK!
    Last edited by madave; 04-01-2021 at 01:59 PM.