Page 755 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 255655705745751752753754755756757758759765805855 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 16592
  1. #11311
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanDaza View Post
    I agree w Rincewind. I love Art Adams and all his work w the X-men including the X-Men Blue covers he is doing now. This, however, is not his best work. Compared to the XM Classic Omni, it looks rushed. This was a weird era for the X-Men and there is no way I'm NOT buying this Omnibus and diving into the pre Morrison/X-Corps days!
    Does he do his own inking? That can have a real impact on the penciler's perceived quality of work.

  2. #11312
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really enjoyed his Iron Man runs, particularly Infamous Iron Man. These stories weren't on the level of USM or Daredevil but they're pretty good and certainly not as bad as his Moon Knight or his X-Men runs.
    I enjoyed his Moon Knight, there are dozens of us!

  3. #11313
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

    - This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

    I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

    If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    I agree - the existing content does not seem to be getting much love, whereas a more comprehensive volume which leads all the way up to New X-Men would clearly be more appealing. My other worry is that if this doesn't sell well, it hurts the chances of the "odds and ends" book (which has some of the better material in) actually ever coming out!

  4. #11314
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I enjoyed his Moon Knight, there are dozens of us!
    Ha ha. Fair enough. I expected a lot more from the Daredevil team. I liked that Bendis took some chances with his MK and tried something different but it wasn't for me. I also didn't like Lemire's run, either. (I liked the stuff in between with Ellis and Wood.)

  5. #11315
    Spectacular Member Garuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

    - This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

    I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

    If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    I doubt that many people, including die-hard Claremont fans, think that this omnibus is Claremont's greatest work. However, we know that there are enough Claremont/X-Men fans who will buy it regardless of quality (see last year's Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont OHC) so it makes commercial sense for Marvel to collect all of the Claremont material in one place - think of it as being like a 'bad bank' where the most toxic assets are held separately. And this way, the less toxic assets can be shifted into potential pre- and post-Revolution omnibuses.

    Of course, it may be that I'm being a bit selfish here since I'd prefer that Dark Seduction and X-Men Forever are collected at the back of a potential Alan Davis Omnibus since that's the only omnibus I'd buy from this era...

  6. #11316
    Incredible Member grahamgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    the "boob sock" top on Rogue and Phoenix
    LOL ... this is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    X-MEN: REVOLUTION BY CHRIS CLAREMONT OMNIBUS Cover by ART ADAMS:

    This is almost Liefeld-bad ... Colossus must be, what, 10 feet tall or standing on a step ladder! Also is he made entirely of steel cables? Shoulder pads galore! Why is Cable wearing Cyclops' visor as a neckerchief? Where did Kitty Pryde get a FREAKING WOLVERINE CLAW (?!) from? Is this the X-Men Forever connection? She had a claw there but I thought that was a what if type story? Psylocke with Rambo head-band and one boob bigger than the other like an over-milked nanny goat. It's mostly universally cheesy. And the Beast's tiny head and skull cap. Sheesh.

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

    - This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

    I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

    If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    Yeah ... this was about as out-of-left-field a choice for a new Omnibus book as Muppet Babies. I wonder if Marvel is going out of their way to try & appease Claremont + Byrne? I mean we've seen much of their work get collected in HC the past few years, with a ton of trash collected along the way. I'm specifically thinking of the Marvel Universe by Claremont and Marvel Universe by Byrne HC books. Forgettable stuff mostly. Well, that's just being nice. It's mostly dreck. Byrne's stuff was okay but 90% of it had already been collected elsewhere. And there's been rumors for years that Marvel keeps Claremont on contract retainer, but doesn't actually have him WRITE anything, so maybe this is how they pay him ... by re-releasing any-and-everything of his work they have in back-stock no matter how good or terrible (or relevant to today's work) it actually is.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 02-02-2018 at 01:36 PM.

  7. #11317
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    LOL ... this is hilarious.



    This is almost Liefeld-bad ... Colossus must be, what, 10 feet tall or standing on a step ladder! Also is he made entirely of steel cables? Shoulder pads galore! Why is Cable wearing Cyclops' visor as a neckerchief? Where did Kitty Pryde get a FREAKING WOLVERINE CLAW (?!) from? Is this the X-Men Forever connection? She had a claw there but I thought that was a what if type story? Psylocke with Rambo head-band and one boob bigger than the other like an over-milked nanny goat. It's mostly universally cheesy. And the Beast's tiny head and skull cap. Sheesh.



    Yeah ... this was about as out-of-left-field a choice for a new Omnibus book as Muppet Babies. I wonder if Marvel is going out of their way to try & appease Claremont + Byrne? I mean we've seen much of their work get collected in HC the past few years, with a ton of trash collected along the way. I'm specifically thinking of the Marvel Universe by Claremont and Marvel Universe by Byrne HC books. Forgettable stuff mostly. Well, that's just being nice. It's mostly dreck. Byrne's stuff was okay but 90% of it had already been collected elsewhere. And there's been rumors for years that Marvel keeps Claremont on contract retainer, but doesn't actually have him WRITE anything, so maybe this is how they pay him ... by re-releasing any-and-everything of his work they have in back-stock no matter how good or terrible (or relevant to today's work) it actually is.
    In fairness, I didn't mind Cable's design at the time. Cyclops was dead following The Twelve storyline and the '"neckerchief" was his homage to his Dad.
    I don't get the Shadowcat claw use though. Appreciate Wolverine got some of his bone claws smashed off (by Cyber?), but why Kitty would feel the need to use it as an effective weapon!?!

  8. #11318
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Whilst this is the weakest material, it does give me hope that we'll get X-Treme X-Men Omnibus vol.1&2, and Uncanny X-Men:The New Age Omnibus (including Excalibur vol.2) all of which is Claremont material I enjoyed.
    Last edited by jm21; 02-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.

  9. #11319
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wellington, NZ (formerly Philly)
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    I doubt that many people, including die-hard Claremont fans, think that this omnibus is Claremont's greatest work. However, we know that there are enough Claremont/X-Men fans who will buy it regardless of quality (see last year's Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont OHC) so it makes commercial sense for Marvel to collect all of the Claremont material in one place - think of it as being like a 'bad bank' where the most toxic assets are held separately. And this way, the less toxic assets can be shifted into potential pre- and post-Revolution omnibuses.

    Of course, it may be that I'm being a bit selfish here since I'd prefer that Dark Seduction and X-Men Forever are collected at the back of a potential Alan Davis Omnibus since that's the only omnibus I'd buy from this era...
    See, I feel like that's all the more reason to pack in other semi-related periodic stuff into the Claremont book - because it's OBVIOUSLY going to sell better than the book without his name.

    Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Whilst this is the weakest material, it does give me hope that we'll get X-Treme X-Men Omnibus vol.1&2, and Uncanny X-Men:The New Age Omnibus (including Excalibur vol.2) all of which is Claremont material I enjoyed.
    Indeed, X-Treme X-Men is also a way better choice than this material as is New Age!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

    You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

  10. #11320
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    How much Claremont is actually left to collect?

    The obvious "Most Wanted" material is 5 books:
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol.4
    New Mutants by Claremont Omnibus
    X-Men: Crossroads OHC
    X-Men: Before the Fall OHC
    Excalibur by Claremont & Davis Omnibus

    Now we're getting X-Men Revolution Omnibus, that leads into 3 more:
    X-Treme X-Men vol.1-2
    Uncanny X-Men: The New Age (although I do see the merit splitting this to pre-/post-HoM)

    Post-HoM, I'd love a New Excalibur / Exiles by Claremont Omnibus (New Excalibur #1-24, Exiles #90-100, X-Men: Die by the Sword #1-5) and a New Exiles OHC / Omnibus

    So that would be 10-11 books, 5 of which must be a certainty at some point?
    Are there any other big Claremont collections worth an Omnibus?

  11. #11321
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    They need to reprint/remake Inferno at some point. (Why the hell is it more expensive than Claremont&Lee 1 and 2 COMBINED?!)

    There's also his Nightcrawler run.
    Cyclops was right

  12. #11322
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They need to reprint/remake Inferno at some point. (Why the hell is it more expensive than Claremont&Lee 1 and 2 COMBINED?!)

    There's also his Nightcrawler run.
    Oww, good call - a Nightcrawler OHC would be great.

  13. #11323
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,582

    Default

    Nightcrawler was only 12 issues, right?
    Was it good?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #11324
    Amazing Member bearded_adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mother Russia
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nightcrawler was only 12 issues, right?
    Was it good?
    yep, 12 issues. Old-old-old-fashioned even for my x-fans friends.

  15. #11325
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    yep, 12 issues. Old-old-old-fashioned even for my x-fans friends.
    Does that include the four issue mini in the 1980s?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •