Page 773 of 1108 FirstFirst ... 273673723763769770771772773774775776777783823873 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 16614
  1. #11581
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Omnibus for Superior SM is probably not in the cards, at least for awhile, as they're putting this run in the "complete collection" chunky trades ala Bendis' Avengers of late. Probably 2 (maybe 3?) trades. Doubtful they'd push out an omnibus when those are out, and OHCs already out previously.

    For some reason, Slott's Spider-Man run has received ZERO omnibus run. BUT, just about all of it (maybe all of it?) has been released in OHC. So there's that. Granted, his run is so long, you'd be talking many omnibuses if they wanted to go that route, anyways. But I 100% agree, that the Superior run all by itself would make a perfect omnibus - 1 writer/creator, one complete series/run, perfect amount of issues, etc... Ceste la vie.
    All of Slott's main Spider-man run starting with the lead up to Superior Spider-man through the newest stuff has been released in OHC, but before that it's not nearly complete. Only Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth are in OHC. Since Slott's winding up his run on Amazing Spider-man I was hoping for an Omnibus from the beginning of his run (and maybe even back to the Brand New Day era).

  2. #11582
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.

  3. #11583
    Superior Member chicainery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.
    It certainly could happen. Also, as you can see by my avatar I really enjoyed the Superior Spider-man run.

  4. #11584
    Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Omnibus for Superior SM is probably not in the cards, at least for awhile, as they're putting this run in the "complete collection" chunky trades ala Bendis' Avengers of late. Probably 2 (maybe 3?) trades. Doubtful they'd push out an omnibus when those are out, and OHCs already out previously.

    For some reason, Slott's Spider-Man run has received ZERO omnibus run. BUT, just about all of it (maybe all of it?) has been released in OHC. So there's that. Granted, his run is so long, you'd be talking many omnibuses if they wanted to go that route, anyways. But I 100% agree, that the Superior run all by itself would make a perfect omnibus - 1 writer/creator, one complete series/run, perfect amount of issues, etc... Ceste la vie.
    I feel like a Big Time omnibus is the only thing really missing, and I would buy that in an instant. That is #1 on my most wanted omnibus list.

  5. #11585
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    This too is one of my most wanted. They could probably do slotts solo run in three (big time, superior, worldwide), but the first and last would be large, around 50 issues apiece give or take.

    Edit: Eh, seems v3 and v4 plus up to and including 802(?) would probably be too much. Might include Relevant Spider-verse issues and the point one stuff to fluff a post SSM omni, but then you're not really getting much outside the ohcs. Maybe throw RYV (secret wars) in to pad it out. Either way probably 4 total
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-06-2018 at 06:35 PM.

  6. #11586
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    Torn on buying Shadowland I enjoyed the arc when it came out, but did not read much of the side material so not sure if it is worth it. However having the gap between omnibus is bothering me and leaning me towards the buy it side.

  7. #11587
    Incredible Member grahamgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    It certainly could happen. Also, as you can see by my avatar I really enjoyed the Superior Spider-man run.
    I stopped reading Spidey regularly over a decade ago at OMD but got drawn back in by some of Slott's big runs. For example, I picked up Spider-Island, the lead up to #700, and first half of Superior Spidey. I liked SSM, but for some reason stopped about halfway thru. I have those OHCs though so that's good, hope to get back to reading the run sometime in the near future. Also a plus that they're now OOP in case I decide to sell them!

  8. #11588
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Regarding the Superior Spider-Man OHC's, it's pretty fascinating how quickly these collected editions will fall and rise in price. About a year ago volume 3 was in the bargain bins and going for ten bucks or less. Is it now becoming rare?

    Anywho, this is one series that deserves an omnibus. It's got the near-perfect length, is self-contained enough, and would save me some shelf space compared to the three OHC's. All great reasons.
    I would actually prefer a 2-set Omnibus of Superior Spider-Man which would also include all the SSM Team-Up run, the latter end of Avenging Spider-Man and other other select "crossover" issues. I did a breakdown of the complete list of issues several pages back. I do have the 3 OHCs which are very good but would be open to those 2 "complete" Omnibuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I feel like a Big Time omnibus is the only thing really missing, and I would buy that in an instant. That is #1 on my most wanted omnibus list.
    Yes, I agree. Big Time is probably my favourite Slott Spider-Man arc/story, followed by SSM. IMHO, Spidey went downhill afterwards.

  9. #11589
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Torn on buying Shadowland I enjoyed the arc when it came out, but did not read much of the side material so not sure if it is worth it. However having the gap between omnibus is bothering me and leaning me towards the buy it side.
    Tough choice. As a Daredevil and Omnibus fan, it's a must-have, for me anyway. The side material is ok, nothing amazing although some of the oneshots give extra meat to the story.. Another plus to the Omnibus is that everything's there. It's a complete package. You get the preceeding DD issues between Brubaker's run and the start of the Shadowland event including the DD Dark Reign The List one-shot as well as the 4-issue Reborn mini-series after Shadowland which leads into Waid's DD.

  10. #11590
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would actually prefer a 2-set Omnibus of Superior Spider-Man which would also include all the SSM Team-Up run, the latter end of Avenging Spider-Man and other other select "crossover" issues. I did a breakdown of the complete list of issues several pages back. I do have the 3 OHCs which are very good but would be open to those 2 "complete" Omnibuses.
    I would prefer one omnibus with the main Superior Spider-Man series and one omnibus as a companion that collects all the side stuff.

  11. #11591
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I stopped reading Spidey regularly over a decade ago at OMD but got drawn back in by some of Slott's big runs. For example, I picked up Spider-Island, the lead up to #700, and first half of Superior Spidey. I liked SSM, but for some reason stopped about halfway thru. I have those OHCs though so that's good, hope to get back to reading the run sometime in the near future. Also a plus that they're now OOP in case I decide to sell them!
    I really wanted to like Spider-Island, but it just didn't do anything for me (And I think Carly Cooper is the worst Mary Sue pet character since Judas Traveler). The only part of Slott's run I liked were Ends of the Earth and Dying Wish of all things. Haven't read past that yet, but the apparent climax of Superior seems like my kind of Spidey.
    Cyclops was right

  12. #11592

    Default

    The page count is the page count due to the mapping.

    The price point is the price point across the entire line.
    In a business where physical media and comic sales are dying, and Marvel is now tied with DC basically, they shouldn't be screwing their remaining fan base over by expecting $40 for a 500+ page book and $40 for a 392 page book.

    The $125 small X-Men OHCs are also guilty of this nonsense.

  13. #11593
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Tough choice. As a Daredevil and Omnibus fan, it's a must-have, for me anyway. The side material is ok, nothing amazing although some of the oneshots give extra meat to the story.. Another plus to the Omnibus is that everything's there. It's a complete package. You get the preceeding DD issues between Brubaker's run and the start of the Shadowland event including the DD Dark Reign The List one-shot as well as the 4-issue Reborn mini-series after Shadowland which leads into Waid's DD.
    I ended up going for it I just could not have that gap. I look forward to seeing it fleshed out a bit. Hopefully they do Soule next it will be nice to have such a long line of Daredevil omnibus.

  14. #11594
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Which Doctor Strange Omnibus would you guys recommend for someone who isn't very familiar with Strange, but would like to read his best stories? Doctor Strange or Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Vol 1?

    Bonus points if it has Clea.

  15. #11595
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    I would say go for the Lee/Ditko omnibus some good stories along with some excellent art work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •