Page 791 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 291691741781787788789790791792793794795801841891 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 16585

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Has anyone else been taking advantage of the COMIXOLOGY .99 sale on new MARVEL COLLECTIONS?
    For the past several weeks ALL NEW MARVEL DIGITAL TRADES have been selling for only .99 each. This includes EPICS, MASTERWORKS, and all other trades, day and date release .99
    If you are a member of COMIXOLOGY unlimited the price is only .84 each.
    I am still a print addict, but this deal is too good to pass up.
    I've been taking advantage of this. I wonder if this is a result of Marvel Unlimited gaining popularity. I always wondered if MU would lead to a decline in sales of Marvel digital and possibly physical collected editions. These sales would indicate yes. This will be interesting to see how long they keep these sales up and the impact on the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I've been taking advantage of this. I wonder if this is a result of Marvel Unlimited gaining popularity. I always wondered if MU would lead to a decline in sales of Marvel digital and possibly physical collected editions. These sales would indicate yes. This will be interesting to see how long they keep these sales up and the impact on the industry.
    My take would be having massive sales like this means they're NOT doing well, (digital side) and they're trying to suck many of us in via these sales, to wow us with how great digital is.

While the collection numbers are never groundbreaking, they keep releasing more and more collections, sometimes of whacky stuff (i.e. Brute Force, etc...) so that tells me that the physical collection side is fine. I would assume they have a handle on how many each trade /HC will sell, and that they only print that many, thereby still making a profit. If they weren't making a profit they'd cut way back on collected editions, so I think via MMWs still going strong, sometimes 2x per month, Omnis still being cranked out, EPIC line flourishing, Complete Collections, on and on, I would have to think their physical collected editions side is doing fine. Like I said, not making them hundred of millions of dollars, but within reason to keep the lines going as they're still making a profit on them.

Just my take.

*My brother-in-law has an online business selling used text books - he's done that for like 10 years. The whole concept of "everything's going to go digital and they're going to stop making books!" is greatly overstated. Granted, lots of universities are going digital, as are lots of other media, but lots of them aren't, especially the smaller schools, and so there's still a large need for physical books. Outside of that text book area, there are still many of us that just LOVE books. Many of us love digital, too, but a physical book is such a unique thing. I mean, digital music took off in part because outside of looking at a jewel case, the entire thing is audio, not really physical. Same for movies. Outside of someone wanting to display their 500 CDs or DVDs/BluRays to impress folks as they walk into the room - outside of that, having movies and music in digital is an easy switch for most people. But books, that's another thing entirely. Especially picture books like comics. A fully text-only book, yeah, I can see that going digital and people not minding so much, but comics are such a visual medium.

Just my personal take on things.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I'm at the beginning of a deep read of 00's Marvel (Disassembled - Siege) and I'm having issues figuring where to place the Annihilation Omni in the reading order. I've seen anywhere from before Civil War to after World War Hulk. I know the cosmic stuff is somewhat separate but I would still like to have it in some semblance of an order. Suggestions?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post
    I'm at the beginning of a deep read of 00's Marvel (Disassembled - Siege) and I'm having issues figuring where to place the Annihilation Omni in the reading order. I've seen anywhere from before Civil War to after World War Hulk. I know the cosmic stuff is somewhat separate but I would still like to have it in some semblance of an order. Suggestions?
    You can read the Annihilation Omni before Civil and then Annihilation Conquest after. The first few issues of Nova involve the aftermath of Civil War and I believe they are some of the first issues in the Conquest Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Hoplite View Post
    Civil War occurs during Annihilation, Richard Rider returns to earth after Annihilation to find that the heroes of earth ignored his pleas for help during the Annihilation Wave because of Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    I updated the timeline with the new Amazon findings.
    A few gaps filled and sadly Thor Epics insisting in covering recently published content. I understand they don't fill the gap that goes just after Masterworks but there's a lot of room in the DeFalco/Frenz era to just repeat what was recently published in Thor Omnibus 3.
    Thanks for maintaining this, producte. It is an excellent tool.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Thanks for maintaining this, producte. It is an excellent tool.
    I have to agree. I love that list. I've never bought a physical copy of any omnibus, masterwork, or epic. But i'll be damned if i don't waste 20 minutes looking at that list every couple months.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-CAR View Post
    Civil War occurs during Annihilation, Richard Rider returns to earth after Annihilation to find that the heroes of earth ignored his pleas for help during the Annihilation Wave because of Civil War.
    And he was PISSED.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    And he was PISSED.
    that was such a great scene.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    And he was PISSED.
    Ha ha, yes he was.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    I've just started to read my Thor by Simonson Omni and found this defect (?) between page 32 & 33 :

Anyone else found this in their copy? Can the signature detach completely over time? Wondering if it's a widespread situation for that omnibus and if I should ask for a replacement copy...
    Bringing up my question, it looks like it was lost in the new books discussion of the last few pages!

Incredible Member

Bringing up my question, it looks like it was lost in the new books discussion of the last few pages!
    I would try to get a replacement copy. I'd fear it coming apart further. I thought someone posted in the last few months with a similar issue with this new release.

Mine doesn't look like this. Hopefully you can get a replacement if you haven't had it for too long.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I would try to get a replacement copy. I'd fear it coming apart further. I thought someone posted in the last few months with a similar issue with this new release.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Mine doesn't look like this. Hopefully you can get a replacement if you haven't had it for too long.
    Nice to know not every copy has that problem!

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll ask for a replacement

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I've just cracked open the Deadpool by Daniel Way omni (latest IST order finally made it's way after nearly 7 weeks). Has anyone else noticed the binding is really tight in this thing?
    I just opened mine and relaxed the spine, seems OK to me.