Page 891 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is awesome news! An immediate buy from me!!
    I am torn now on whether to upgrade my 3x OHCs!
    This does give me faith we'll see an Incredible Hercules Omnibus eventually, as well as a Hulk by Pak volume to complete the era.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm remaining hopeful that in addition to the Hulk by Pak Omni just mentioned that this Hulk(Red) by Loeb Omni is proof the Planet and WWH volumes sold well enough.
    If that is the case we Hulk fans might could stay optimistic about getting an Incredible Hulk Silver Age vol.2....at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Ooh, I've been wanting to read Incredible Herc for a while.
    Cyclops was right

Gotta wonder if moving from nice, thick TPBs to OHC really lost a lot of people or if it's just those specific stories.
    Affordable Cable books reprinting sick Ladronn art that people liked when Cable was a hot book.

vs

Expensive Cable book no one really asked for in prestige format reprinting material that came out when Cable wasn't very popular anymore.

Strange marketing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Even with online discounts, customers are still getting a lower quality product for what they paid before - be in $20 or $40. But if they've changed printers, that's excellent news!!!

Assuming they are, we can probably expect to see a few more releases on horrible paper given the lead time printing companies need.
    It's one distinct printing location of Quad, not all of them (Quad has different cities that print different books), that made the horrible books. Marvel will no longer be using them, they claim. You can expect a bunch of books already printed to come out. But not all of them. Hulk Epic: The Leader Lives, is reportedly going to be re-done as it had a "poor print run" and there is no word if other books will get re-done.

This is news from In Stock Trades, Marvel Masterworks Forum, etc.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    It's one distinct printing location of Quad, not all of them (Quad has different cities that print different books), that made the horrible books. Marvel will no longer be using them, they claim. You can expect a bunch of books already printed to come out. But not all of them. Hulk Epic: The Leader Lives, is reportedly going to be re-done as it had a "poor print run" and there is no word if other books will get re-done.

This is news from In Stock Trades, Marvel Masterworks Forum, etc.
    This made my day, thank you!

That Hulk Epic was actually an Amazon pre order that I canceled just in time; good to know waiting should pay off.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Ooh, I've been wanting to read Incredible Herc for a while.
    It was so amazing. And filled to the brim with Greek mythology. And made me actually like Amadeus Cho, who always came across as this cocky/pompous smart @$$ kid - but he was actually a great character when written by Pak & Van Lente. Fred Van Lente is a great writer, IMO, and writes really FUN stuff, but suddenly he disappeared from Marvel. Hopefully it was HIS choice and not theirs. Anyways, highly recommend this series.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fred Wrote one of my all time favorite Spider-Man stories where the Chameleon impersonated Peter Parker for the first time. I think he moved Valiant Comics I read Archer and Armstrong for a bit but just didn't care about the company without Shooter. I wish Van Lente had been tapped for Spider-Man over Dan Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Fred Wrote one of my all time favorite Spider-Man stories where the Chameleon impersonated Peter Parker for the first time. I think he moved Valiant Comics I read Archer and Armstrong for a bit but just didn't care about the company without Shooter. I wish Van Lente had been tapped for Spider-Man over Dan Slott.

Van Lente's material for Valiant is my favorite work of his. Archer & Armstrong started to fizzle out by the middle of the run (First hardcover collection is great), but Ivar Timewalker and War Mother were both fantastic. I'm hoping he writes more for Valiant in the future.

What's the name of the Spidey storyline Van Lente wrote involving the Chameleon, and has it been collected?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Van Lente's material for Valiant is my favorite work of his. Archer & Armstrong started to fizzle out by the middle of the run (First hardcover collection is great), but Ivar Timewalker and War Mother were both fantastic. I'm hoping he writes more for Valiant in the future.

What's the name of the Spidey storyline Van Lente wrote involving the Chameleon, and has it been collected?
    The story's called "Red-Headed Stranger" and was Amazing Spider-Man #602-604. It'll be collected in the Spider-Man: New Ways to Live collection that's coming out in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    The story's called "Red-Headed Stranger" and was Amazing Spider-Man #602-604. It'll be collected in the Spider-Man: New Ways to Live collection that's coming out in a few months.

Thank you.....I looked up that upcoming tpb and it looks like it has different writers/arcs. Do you think the entire tpb is worth getting, or should I just get those three issues you listed?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Affordable Cable books reprinting sick Ladronn art that people liked when Cable was a hot book.

vs

Expensive Cable book no one really asked for in prestige format reprinting material that came out when Cable wasn't very popular anymore.

Strange marketing strategy.
    Yeah, it was an odd choice over a Ladronn Omnibus or even a Cable: Hope Omnibus. As a completist, I am happy, but those low numbers might hurt getting these other volumes!

Very strange choice!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Are you f---I got kiding me!! I just broke down and bought the OHC set about 2 weeks ago!! At least I got about 6 months between when the same thing happened with FF by Waid!!
    I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me with regards to Waid's Daredevil and now Straczynski's Spider-Man. Although, with the latter I never did get hold of the Back in Black and ASM: Civil War OHCs.

It would seem that any popular run that was released in OHCs will eventually get the Omnibus treatment.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    So this is basically Brand New Day Complete Collection volume 5?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    So this is basically Brand New Day Complete Collection volume 5?
    Yes. There's also a listing in Hachette for a Gauntlet v1 collection which would be BND v6 (essentially)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm