Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
100% agree. Some folks bark about them taking so long these days, but we don't know all the factors - perhaps they have let's say 5 workers picking orders, and 3 are out or stayed on unemployment or whatever and now they have 2 vs 5? I'm just making up numbers, but you get the idea. I ordered the Savage Sword of Conan v3 omni and a few trades, that was released like 2+ weeks ago. it just sat there. But honestly, I have so many books to read, I don't need this ASAP. And then 2 days ago I get a fedex email stating they're overnighting it to me (at no cost, as I chose the free option). So it's obvious to me that they felt bad it sat for 2.x weeks and overnighted it to me at extra cost to them. I'm perfectly happy with that. TOW/IST are great, and while these days it might take them 1 week to respond to an email, which is kind of ridiculous, at the end of the day, the answer it, they do what you ask, answer what you ask, and it's all good. I have no issues.
Apparently they are super busy since the pandemic started. People are buying WAAAAY more books now because they just sit home all day, isolating and often doesn't have anything better to do but to browse and buy books, but IST only has the same amount of employees as before.
And Emily is getting hundreds of emails a day.