Page 1334 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413301331133213331334133513361337133813441384 ... LastLast
Results 19,996 to 20,010 of 20773
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Hey guys.. having a hard time finding answers. What's the status of the Marvel Zombies omnibus? Out of print? I seem to remember word of a reprint? Anything will help. Thanks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hey guys.. having a hard time finding answers. What's the status of the Marvel Zombies omnibus? Out of print? I seem to remember word of a reprint? Anything will help. Thanks!
    It is being reprinted

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    DEVIL'S REIGN OMNIBUS collecting: Devil's Reign (2022) 1-6, Spider -Woman (2020) 18-19, Daredevil: Woman Without Fear (2022) 1-3, Devil's Reign: Superior Four (2022) 1-3, Devil's Reign: Villains for Hire (2022) 1-3, Devil's Reign: Winter Soldier (2022) 1, Devil's Reign: X-Men (2022) 1-3, Devil's Reign: Spider-Man (2022) 1, Moon Knight (2021) 8, Devil's Reign: Moon Knight (2022) 1, Devil's Reign: Omega (2022) 1

and

JUDGEMENT DAY OMNIBUS collecting: A.X.E.: Eve of Judgement (2022) 1, A.X.E.: Judgment Day (2022) 1-6, Immortal X-Men (2022) 5-7, X-Men: Red (2022) 5-7, A.X.E.: Death To The Mutants (2022) 1-3, X-Force (20220) 30-33, X-Men (2021) 13-14, Wolverine (2020) 24, 25 (A Story), Marauders (2022) 6, Fantastic Four (2018) 47-48, Avengers (2018) 60, A.X.E.: Avengers (2022) 1, Amazing Spider-Man (2022) 10, A.X.E.: X-Men (2022) 1, A.X.E.: Iron Fist (2022) 1, A.X.E.: Starfox (2022) 1, Captain Marvel (2019) 42, A.X.E.: Eternals (2022) 1, : Judgement Day Omega (2023) 1
    Even though I collect everything Daredevil, I will give Devil's Reign Omnibus a miss. I'd much rather hold out for a couple of Daredevil Zdarsky Omnibuses which I reckon will probably include the Devil's Reign event issues as well as the Woman Without Fear issues similar to how we got the Venom Cates Omnibus (which was very good btw) which included KiB and Absolute Carnage. I'm not an advocate of the Devil's Reign event and I didn't take to the majority of the crossovers with the exception of the Winter Soldier one-shot which was very good. The Devil's Reign event issues could really be regular Daredevil issues (at the time of the event, Daredevil was in hold) as they carried straight onfrom the last Daredevil issue. The whole event just seemed a bit forced and another way of enticing more sales. I'm sure some liked it.

I also won't be picking up the JD/AXE Omnibus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Even though I collect everything Daredevil, I will give Devil's Reign Omnibus a miss. I'd much rather hold out for a couple of Daredevil Zdarsky Omnibuses which I reckon will probably include the Devil's Reign event issues as well as the Woman Without Fear issues similar to how we got the Venom Cates Omnibus (which was very good btw) which included KiB and Absolute Carnage. I'm not an advocate of the Devil's Reign event and I didn't take to the majority of the crossovers with the exception of the Winter Soldier one-shot which was very good. The Devil's Reign event issues could really be regular Daredevil issues (at the time of the event, Daredevil was in hold) as they carried straight onfrom the last Daredevil issue. The whole event just seemed a bit forced and another way of enticing more sales. I'm sure some liked it.

I prefer getting the creator run omnis over the event omnis. I'm 100% sure Devil's Reign will be in the Daredevil by Zdarsky omni that comes out after his run ends.

I would be interested in an Eternals by Gillen omni that collects A.X.E. Judgement Day and the Gillen tie ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I prefer getting the creator run omnis over the event omnis. I'm 100% sure Devil's Reign will be in the Daredevil by Zdarsky omni that comes out after his run ends.

I would be interested in an Eternals by Gillen omni that collects A.X.E. Judgement Day and the Gillen tie ins.
    Yes, I agree with you, and thinking on it , the Devil's Reign issues will definitely be in an eventual Daredevil Zdarsky Omnibus(es) as they were basically Daredevil issues. I haven't (yet) read the Gillen Eternals run but I've heard good things.

I am getting very frustrated/ OCD with the Epic Collections releases/ reprints. I am focusing on collecting the entire run for Spider-Man, Avengers and Captain America and there's 1) Still too many gaps and 2) Too many titles where there aren't gaps but it's impossible to find decent priced copies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I am getting very frustrated/ OCD with the Epic Collections releases/ reprints. I am focusing on collecting the entire run for Spider-Man, Avengers and Captain America and there's 1) Still too many gaps and 2) Too many titles where there aren't gaps but it's impossible to find decent priced copies.
    What about those Mighty Marvel Masterworks. They are very cheap.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

that's how they keep you on the hook long term.

they can easily finish off Claremont's X-Men run, but there is a huge gap in between.

I feel like Marvel wants to first sell as many Omnis as they can before they finish off the Epic Collections.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    What about those Mighty Marvel Masterworks. They are very cheap.
    Are those more widely available? Are they in full color? (I remember there were some B&W editions, not sure if those were Masterworks)

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    that's how they keep you on the hook long term.

they can easily finish off Claremont's X-Men run, but there is a huge gap in between.

I feel like Marvel wants to first sell as many Omnis as they can before they finish off the Epic Collections.

Reprint is coming in July and there's a zomnibus returns coming in october.

Edit: meant to quote.

Are those more widely available? Are they in full color? (I remember there were some B&W editions, not sure if those were Masterworks)
    Just keep in mind the Mighty MMWs are digest size, so they're smaller in both dimensions and pagecount than a typical MMW. Plus they seem to be focused on the silver age titles right now, not jumping around too much.

As far as Epics, Marvel is pretty good at getting reprints of the crazy OOP books every so often, but those that are skipped, some make sense, like the Simonson Thor books - as they're coming right up on those in MMW and they don't want to release Epics of that right now and spoil those sales. Others could have to do with Omnis, or whatever. I'm not sure the total logic on some of these, like the constant ignoring of Iron man vol 12, it's a glaring hole. Cap, on the other hand, is now 9-19, with 20 on the way, plus the early issues as well. Seems like sometimes these make sense and sometimes they don't.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

If he's leaving the title for real soon that means we will get 2 decent-sized omnis or one really thick. David Gabriel (head of Marvel Collected editions) teased the existence of Zdarsky DD in omni format. So I guess those will come sooner rather than later.
    Personally, I have the 3 OHCs, and will continue on that route. The full run will probably be 5 or 6 OHCs, depending on if Devils Reign will be included or not.

Astonishing Member

THE 11TH ANNUAL MOST WANTED MARVEL OMNIBUS POLL HAS BEGUN.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...t--t38815.html

E-mail your vote to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com with your coices ranked from 1 - 10. Voting is open until March 19 at midnight.

This is for all new omnibus, no reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    If he's leaving the title for real soon that means we will get 2 decent-sized omnis or one really thick. David Gabriel (head of Marvel Collected editions) teased the existence of Zdarsky DD in omni format. So I guess those will come sooner rather than later.
    Personally, I have the 3 OHCs, and will continue on that route. The full run will probably be 5 or 6 OHCs, depending on if Devils Reign will be included or not.
    Yeah, I heard about Zdarsky leaving with #14 being the last issue. I'm not really sure how to feel. I have felt that ever since he started to work for DC and write Batman, his heart hasn't really been in it for Daredevil. I never really took to how he retconned Daredevil's origin with the brother or the event. I wonder who the new creative team will be?

They could make a final bigger OHC i.e. Vol. 5 which would include #1-14 and the Devil's Reign issues or omit the event due to the Omnibus but I reckon it may be the former as the Woman Without Fear issues were solicited for Vol. 4.

I would prefer 2 Omnibuses as opposed to a 1000+ page one and that they include the Jed McKay five-issue miniseries which crossed over from Soule to Zdarsky. Otherwise, it will be orphaned.

Fantastic Member

Can someone help me out? Is the Michelinie/Larsen Spider-Man omnibus getting a reprint this year? I swear I saw it in one of the videos…anyone?