Page 282 of 1108 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 16619
  1. #4216

  2. #4217
    Spectacular Member sho nuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I believe the people saying six are counting the 2 volumes of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as well.

  3. #4218
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, wait. How many of these Shang Chi or Master of Kung Fu omnibus books are there gonna be? I thought 4 combined? I've seen posters here say five and six.
    There will be 4 pretty slim Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnis and I believe 2 pretty thick Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis. The latter will reprint everything from the b/w DHKF magazines and the former will reprint all the 70s-80s Shang Chi stories chronologically bar those that were in DHKF.

  4. #4219
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    I believe the people saying six are counting the 2 volumes of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    There will be 4 pretty slim Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnis and I believe 2 pretty thick Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnis. The latter will reprint everything from the b/w DHKF magazines and the former will reprint all the 70s-80s Shang Chi stories chronologically bar those that were in DHKF.
    So . . . . there's 4 or 6 omnibus books coming out?

  5. #4220
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    #1-72 are signed & numbered and also feature a remarqued head sketch
    #73-125 are signed & numbered

    So the first link contains some of the #1-72 copies, and the second link is about #73-125 copies only.

  6. #4221
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So . . . . there's 4 or 6 omnibus books coming out?
    6

    4x Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu
    2x Deadly Hands of Kung Fu

  7. #4222
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    When did they announce the two additional omnibus? I remember when it was first announced it clearly stated 4 books.

  8. #4223
    Mighty Member Dayle88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    They are two different series.

  9. #4224
    Amazing Member Cozzster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Guys, I'm seriously torn on whether to buy the Civil War hardcover.

    Is the writing as bad as the internet claims?
    Is the movie hype just getting to me?
    If you like marvel, get the book. I remember reading this story back when it was released in floppies and I loved it. Millar and McNiven are a great team. Some said the plot was dumb, but I thought it was pretty unique at the time. I read it again a few years ago when I picked up the hardcover and loved it all the same. For me, it is the best marvel crossover event ever done. I haven't read some of the newer ones yet (Infinity) but I think it's safe to say you will enjoy civil war.

  10. #4225
    Mighty Member Dayle88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    If you like marvel, get the book. I remember reading this story back when it was released in floppies and I loved it. Millar and McNiven are a great team. Some said the plot was dumb, but I thought it was pretty unique at the time. I read it again a few years ago when I picked up the hardcover and loved it all the same. For me, it is the best marvel crossover event ever done. I haven't read some of the newer ones yet (Infinity) but I think it's safe to say you will enjoy civil war.
    The problem was never the story itself for me. It was Tony Stark being completely out of character which then took him away permanently afterwards with the exception of the Knauf's who were on the book before and after Civil War and Bendis who wrote him really well in New Avengers before and during. I imagine FF fans have a similar feeling about it with Reed but it never seemed like he was badly redefined by it afterwards in every appearance.

  11. #4226
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wellington, NZ (formerly Philly)
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    When did they announce the two additional omnibus? I remember when it was first announced it clearly stated 4 books.
    At the time we were all trying to math out how both comics could be squeezed into four volumes because the original implication was four books in total covering Master of Kung Fu and everyone just assumed they'd fit Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in there too, somehow. I blogged about it at the time.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

    You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

  12. #4227
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You could buy X-23, Vol. 1: The Killing Dream, which has #1-6 and material from Wolverine Saga, for about the same as you'd spend on the digital, and then pick up the X-23 Complete Collection, Vol. 2.

    For what it's worth, I like pretty much all of the X-23 material - the early stuff is amazingly nuanced and gets unfairly slagged for her being a murder Barbie, and the Liu series was one of my favorites when it was around.

    Interesting note: Lui's Vol. 2 has escalated to silly prices for some reason. One of the big reasons I try to pick up everything when it's first out rather than wait for the seemingly inevitable fire sales for the smaller titles.
    Yeah that vol 2 bums me out. I got the phc 1 in a lot of other books on eBay I wanted and really enjoyed it then I saw the prices on 2 and I can't do that for a phc.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

  13. #4228
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    At the time we were all trying to math out how both comics could be squeezed into four volumes because the original implication was four books in total covering Master of Kung Fu and everyone just assumed they'd fit Deadly Hands of Kung Fu in there too, somehow. I blogged about it at the time.
    Thanks. I recall your blog now but gave it another reading. Two thumbs up! Not sure how I feel about six books. I might pick up that first one although I suspect I'll regret it. The older stuff just doesn't appeal to me like it did at one point.

  14. #4229
    Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    121

    Default

    can someone tell me if infinity was any good? is it essential to understand hickman's whole story? i remember people saying that the ohc was really crappy quality so debating if i should get it or just get avengers vol 2

  15. #4230
    multiple choice Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Deadworld
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    can someone tell me if infinity was any good? is it essential to understand hickman's whole story? i remember people saying that the ohc was really crappy quality so debating if i should get it or just get avengers vol 2
    It is worth getting and definitely essential to Hickman's Avengers. The OHC was unfortunately glued and has some gutter loss but it's not that bad at the end of the day. Still, at this point having read all of the OHC's that have been released so far, I feel Hickman's run would've read much better in omnibus form instead of having to jump around between all these different books (that overlap) and it's crazy to me that Marvel waited so long to release OHC's when they could've released omnibuses on basically the same timeline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •