Page 426 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 20730
    All-New Member

Sooo, I applied to join the Omnibus Collector facebook group about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Anybody here that can help me out? I promise I am a cool and fun guy

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Makes you wonder if Marvel didn't underestimate the sales potential of this run. IDW easily sold 1000+ copies without any of them ever having been displayed on a sales shelf.
    oh they definitely did. For years the NM omnibus is in the top 5 in the most wanted polls and I expect the Epic collection will sell like hotcakes. Also basically literally EVERY OTHER X title got the ohc treatment at this point, X-tinction agenda, Bishop's crossing, X-force omnibus etc etc. but no New Mutants even though it came out in the heyday of Claremont's UXM, by Claremont and it is a fan favourite.

Fantastic Member

My credit card has been charged now by Bud's Art Books for the Bill Sienkiewicz New Mutants Artist Select. Just wow - it seems like I'll get a copy without preorders. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know how to check if diamond is completely out of a book or not? Or if it's even possible without being a comic shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad to have the Dr.Strange vol.1 Omni hit today.

That said, still not seeing a listing for Master of Kung-Fu vol.2 this week or next?
    Diamonds Previewsworld is now showing MoKF v2 as in shops next week. Also showing ASM v2 reprint for anybody that's been waiting on it.

Just picked up my copy of the Bill Sienkiewicz New Mutants Artist Select. What a beautiful, beautiful book. Needless to say it blows anything Marvel has ever produced out of the water when it comes to production quality.
    I have a pending transaction on my CC as of today for this same book, and when I log into IST and check my account it already shows as "picked and scanned" with a tracking # pending. Sure am glad I pre-ordered when I did. I waffled a couple months, back and forth, on whether or not to buy it and finally pre-ordered early Aug from TOW before they stopped taking new orders for it.

Bill S's artwork always was too strange for me as a kid but I am super excited to be able to read it all in one volume as an adult now that I can appreciate it for what it really is.

PS ... I have the Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe Hulk editions and I really love this format. Everything from the size of the books, to the cloth covers, the slipcase, art reproduction and extras, everything.

Just picked up my copy of the Bill Sienkiewicz New Mutants Artist Select. What a beautiful, beautiful book. Needless to say it blows anything Marvel has ever produced out of the water when it comes to production quality.
    Better than a Marvel Omnibus I'm sure! IDW Artist Select line rocks!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lukabratzi View Post
    Sooo, I applied to join the Omnibus Collector facebook group about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Anybody here that can help me out? I promise I am a cool and fun guy
    It took a little time for me to get approved for the group, in fact I'd completely forgotten I had requested to join and then suddenly got the approval notification. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by lukabratzi View Post
    They get a LOT of weirdo troll accounts so they are probably very thorough. Great group though.

As for the artist select, I got mine yesterday. It's gorgeous. There's only a small gap between the upcoming New Mutants epic and the Artist Select so that will be good reading.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    They get a LOT of weirdo troll accounts so they are probably very thorough. Great group though.

As for the artist select, I got mine yesterday. It's gorgeous. There's only a small gap between the upcoming New Mutants epic and the Artist Select so that will be good reading.
    Well now it looks like they've blocked me since I can no longer find the group. What the heck? That's really annoying and frustrating.

On a less crappy note, I'm a few days away from my Shang Chi and my Werewolf omnis arriving (assuming I can time the USPS signature confirmation correctly and don't miss the delivery)

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Does anyone know how to check if diamond is completely out of a book or not? Or if it's even possible without being a comic shop...
    I guess it'd have to be via a store. That's what some in the MMW forums did, and I as well. Contacted my LCS and the owner then forwarded Diamond's reply to me.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 09-22-2016 at 09:17 AM.

I know some folks were talking about IST and CGN running out of the non-Ross cover of Dr Strange omnibus. My LCS has both as of yesterday. Not sure if he will give a discount but he's very reliable and will ship through out the US. Some posters here have done business with him. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide contact info

what are the contents of the book?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    what are the contents of the book?
    His complete run on NM (#18-31) plus a story from X-Men Unlimited #43, an exclusive interview (5 pages), an introduction by Claremont, four colour key transparencies. The more expensive editions contain new original art, while the regular edition is 'just' signed. 380 pages all in all.

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I have a pending transaction on my CC as of today for this same book, and when I log into IST and check my account it already shows as "picked and scanned" with a tracking # pending. Sure am glad I pre-ordered when I did. I waffled a couple months, back and forth, on whether or not to buy it and finally pre-ordered early Aug from TOW before they stopped taking new orders for it.

Bill S's artwork always was too strange for me as a kid but I am super excited to be able to read it all in one volume as an adult now that I can appreciate it for what it really is.

PS ... I have the Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe Hulk editions and I really love this format. Everything from the size of the books, to the cloth covers, the slipcase, art reproduction and extras, everything.

I pre-ordered mine months back from DCBService (the sister site to Instocktrades). My card was charged ages ago and still no book. I sent an email to find out when its coming.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"