Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Yeah the covers were actually what lured me in.
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is a harsh sentiment going around, maybe even picking up momentum that isn't fair. The premise is based on an assumption.
    Just because the purchase you want for your next read isn't someone elses, but they still want it, doesn't make them a disingenuous fan.

I've been on both sides. Gotten a copy and missed out. Excrement happens.
    I'm not blaming "flippers" or calling anyone a "non-fan", just that when books start to regularly sell out in minutes, maybe publishers should increase print runs or do immediate re-prints.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hickman's X-Men run has reignited my love for all things X-Men.

I was looking at some of the old TPB of Fatal Attractions and noticed there are some issues that have never been collected:

Uncanny X-Men #301,302,311,314 and Annual #17

The TPB's recapped them but they didn't include them do you masters of all things collected know why Marvel orphaned these poor books?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm not blaming "flippers" or calling anyone a "non-fan", just that when books start to regularly sell out in minutes, maybe publishers should increase print runs or do immediate re-prints.
    You all NEED to start preordering your big books. Low publisher print runs, high price to stock extra copies, customers waiting for the lowest deal... It's a setup for disappointment. In this market, you need to communicate with your store and the publishers that you want a specific product or product line. Only way to do that right now is preordering so the store knows the high priced book will sell. And the publisher will know there is demand and print an adequate print run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hickman's X-Men run has reignited my love for all things X-Men.

I was looking at some of the old TPB of Fatal Attractions and noticed there are some issues that have never been collected:

Uncanny X-Men #301,302,311,314 and Annual #17

The TPB's recapped them but they didn't include them do you masters of all things collected know why Marvel orphaned these poor books?
    I don’t know how they’re collected in TPBs but the HC/Omnibus collections of that era are kind of all over the place. They’re spread between the Fatal Attractions, Phalanx Covenant and Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    I don’t know how they’re collected in TPBs but the HC/Omnibus collections of that era are kind of all over the place. They’re spread between the Fatal Attractions, Phalanx Covenant and Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix.
    Yeah they totally are, I was just curious as to why these issues were left out when everything else has been collected in one way or another.

I mean the TPB of Fatal Attraction and Phalanx Covenant summarize the left out issues, why?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superheroes for hire View Post
    You all NEED to start preordering your big books. Low publisher print runs, high price to stock extra copies, customers waiting for the lowest deal... It's a setup for disappointment. In this market, you need to communicate with your store and the publishers that you want a specific product or product line. Only way to do that right now is preordering so the store knows the high priced book will sell. And the publisher will know there is demand and print an adequate print run.
    This, right here!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I agree, but often I don't receive my preorders.

Spectacular Member

In Europe it stopped working for American books. I preorder one year in advance, the day comes, it appears as out of stock and after some months they cancel the pre-order
    It has happened twice already, with she hulk by Dan slott omnibus and venom by Donny Cates volume 2 (this at least I can buy on Amazon.com). Now I think all my preorders will be cancelled and I will miss most of the books I pre-ordered last year. It's very annoying

In a perfect world... but in reality, I'm waiting on a couple pre-orders that sold out before mine were ever shipped, and now I may not get them. And most of these sellers don't even offer pre-ordering. The sellers can request all the copies form the publishers they want, but that doesn't change their print runs - those are usually set before they're even announced, so if there's a big order for the book, bigger than the set print-run, it sells out before even preorders get everything - that's why many book sellers don't do pre-orders, because they can't guarantee them.
    So now what?
    Last edited by slop101; 03-15-2021 at 09:18 AM.

When Marvel and DC start reliably producing books of consistent quality then I'll start pre-ordering again. Until then I'll wait and purchase on a case by case basis once I've seen actual photos of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    That and Silver Surfer vol 4 are what I’m waiting for.
    Silver Surfer 2 !!!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I had pre ordered both UXM 4 ans ASM 2, so far only X-men has been picked.
    The status on this order is still the same, but my IST order from last week has already been shipped. That's curious.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Did Inferno get delayed? It's not showing up on IST.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Did Inferno get delayed? It's not showing up on IST.
    Yes, it is now out on March 24: https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP200727