Page 895 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 395795845885891892893894895896897898899905945995 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Thanks for the info. Good to know. I’m very slowly building my Xmen collection thru in print omni’s and Epics. I doubt these events will make it to the epic line so I did a blind buy.
    I think they will make Epics eventually in their own series.

Mighty Member

Couple questions for those in the know...

Does Aaron's run on Hulk follow Loebs? And is the Zeb Wells/Joe Mad Spider-man & Wolverine oversized?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    And is the Zeb Wells/Joe Mad Spider-man & Wolverine oversized?
    Yup, it's oversized indeed.

Super excited for the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer Omni this week!

One of my most anticipated Omnis I think ever, as I've only read a couple issues here and there, and have just been waiting on the inevitable Omni to read it all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yup, it's oversized indeed.
    Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Super excited for the Slott/Allred Silver Surfer Omni this week!

One of my most anticipated Omnis I think ever, as I've only read a couple issues here and there, and have just been waiting on the inevitable Omni to read it all.
    I plan on ordering this book.
    I am not a fan of how Marvel puts out on goings since Disney took over,
    but in a collected or omnibus format it works out nice for me.
    Looking forward to reading two runs on the same book with the same
    creative team

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It is probably near the start of the decline of the Claremont run. Nowhere near its peak but still good stuff.
    Is there any word on more epic collections following the claremont era?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The write-up for rhe solicitation is below. It doesn't exactly specify if there are any of the mini-series/runs included.

THE MARVEL ART OF SKOTTIE YOUNG HC
    Written by JESS HARROLD
    Penciled by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Celebrate the unmistakable artwork of Skottie Young in a colorful collection of comic pages, covers and cartoons! The distinctively stylized illustrator first caught fans’ eyes with his flaming-hot take on the Human Torch, and he’s wowed readers across the years since on Marvel books including VENOM, SPIDER-MAN: LEGEND OF THE SPIDER-CLAN, NEW WARRIORS and NEW X-MEN! Young steered the Guardians of the Galaxy’s fan-favorite Rocket Raccoon into solo adventures, and his variant covers are a collector’s-item sensation! In addition to his art, Young has written ROCKET RACCOON AND GROOT, MAGNETO: NOT A HERO and DEADPOOL! This volume is the ultimate retrospective of the Marvel Universe according to Skottie — ideal for Young and old!
    224 PGS./Rated T …$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91765-4
    Trim size: oversized
    Thank you, I hope we get more detailed information at some point.

By the way, this appeared at amazon.com
    510Mc-4uQ0L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Thanos by Donny Cates
    COLLECTING: THANOS (2016) 13-18, ANNUAL; COSMIC GHOST RIDER 1-5, THANOS LEGACY 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post

Does Aaron's run on Hulk follow Loebs?
    Not directly - Greg Pak wrote Incredible Hulk/Hulks for a couple of years (#601-635) before it was cancelled in 2011 and relaunched for Aaron's run. At the same time Jeff Parker took over (Red) Hulk (#25-57) which later became Red She-Hulk (#58-67) and was cancelled in 2013 during Mark Waid's run.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Is there any word on more epic collections following the claremont era?
    No but it is the Collections Department, so its mostly voodoo trying to guess. They released some Epics that go into the 90s. And it is an X-book so.... I would think it is a safe bet. But again, Collections ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Incredible Member

Silver Surfer : Parable worth a read? Obviously art is crazy and upcoming oversize collection is very tempting but whats the actual story like?

All-New Member

Was looking through Amazon and found this: http://a.co/d/i2OYLe4
    The Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 4, release date June 4, 2019.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    Not directly - Greg Pak wrote Incredible Hulk/Hulks for a couple of years (#601-635) before it was cancelled in 2011 and relaunched for Aaron's run. At the same time Jeff Parker took over (Red) Hulk (#25-57) which later became Red She-Hulk (#58-67) and was cancelled in 2013 during Mark Waid's run.
    I wasn’t a fan of Pak’s Hulk, albeit not without a few cool moments, and I just couldn’t get down with Aaron run either.

Jeff Parker’s Red Hulk book on the other hand was a lot of fun. There were interesting new villains and Red Hulk’s role as a “one man Thunderbolts team” made way for a lot of action while also developing depth to his character (which has since been totally unraveled by current events). Also there were some great artists on Parker’s Hulk like Gabriel Hardman, Patrick Zircher, Carlos Pagulayan, Dale Eaglesham... Really quality stuff!

I’ve looked and haven’t found anything. But has anyone seen an announcement for a Rocket & Groot collection by Skottie Young. I have the big Vol. 0 trade but I didn’t want to buy the smaller ones if they were going to bring the whole series out in a hardcover. I love comedy books and that series is great.

I guess I should buy the trades and then they’ll bring it out in a nicer format.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Silver Surfer : Parable worth a read? Obviously art is crazy and upcoming oversize collection is very tempting but whats the actual story like?
    It is an oddity. The pairing of Moebius with his european, vintage sci-fi grand scale style on art and Stan Lee, with his wordy signature silver age dialog on script duties is definitely not something you might have seen happening, but in my opinion it works very well. It can be read as an alternate universe commentary on religious fanaticism and humanity's nature to cling on a deity. I wouldn't call it either man's very best work, but it's still a stellar story well worth a read.

Fun fact, the only Eisner award Stan won was for this storyline.