Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Wow, Thor by Aaron Omni sold out at most places within a week.
    The only places that still have it are charging near full price, like amazon, but I assume they'll sell out within the month.
    I actually managed to luck out with Amazon immediately going to “this item is temporarily out of stock” on release date, as I had a price drop of an extra $30 between that time and it shipping today!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    It's currently set for September 13 https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781302934583

Funny I got it as 02/08/2022 here

And the 14 June 2022 here

And the 02 Aug 2022 here

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Funny I got it as 02/08/2022 here

And the 14 June 2022 here

And the 02 Aug 2022 here
    The date has probably changed multiple times, which happens a lot lately. The link I gave you is the distributor, so it'll be more up-to-date than any stores.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    The date has probably changed multiple times, which happens a lot lately. The link I gave you is the distributor, so it'll be more up-to-date than any stores.
    Previews says that it will be out on June 15, 2022

I was wondering if someone could help me I recently bought a book called Strange Tales the complete collection featuring the Human Touch and the Thing. Would anyone know if there are other collections like this for the Marvel titles, thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Human-Torch...s%2C85&sr=1-15
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

How long is it between Vol 1 and Vol 2 for Omnibus’ typically?
    Just curious as to when the second book for Aaron’s Thor will drop

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me I recently bought a book called Strange Tales the complete collection featuring the Human Touch and the Thing. Would anyone know if there are other collections like this for the Marvel titles, thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Human-Torch...s%2C85&sr=1-15
    What are you looking for? Old Silver Age collections? Old Silver Age FF collections? "complete collections" of anything?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    How long is it between Vol 1 and Vol 2 for Omnibus’ typically?
    Just curious as to when the second book for Aaron’s Thor will drop
    Typically a year to two years tops - though not at all if sales aren't good, but seems like that won't be the case with Aaron's Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What are you looking for? Old Silver Age collections? Old Silver Age FF collections? "complete collections" of anything?
    Silver age and Bronze age as I'm more a fan of the early days of Marvel and DC or for that matter any comic company at that time. Thank you for replying.
    Hail Hydra!

Silver age and Bronze age as I'm more a fan of the early days of Marvel and DC or for that matter any comic company at that time. Thank you for replying.
    Probably the most affordable books currently published are the Epic Collections -- they are like the Essentials, but in color not black and white. They have them for several Silver and Bronze Age characters. Unfortunately, they publish them out of order by some arcane formula that allegedly has to do with whether the issues have been collected before. But many at least have the first volume out.

Here's a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...llection_lines
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I was aware of the Epic collections thanks, I also have all the Essential line and the silver age omnibus run. The ones I was interested in was collected editions which did not get this treatment such as the strange tales edition I mentioned above.
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member

I got my Thor Aaron Omnibus, look through it, exhale looking at all that great art, and remember how those stories were when I first read it as floppies which I still have.(glad I kept them cause first Gor and First Jane Thor are really expensive). and put it next to my Walter Simonson Thor Omnibus, Now if only Marvel reprint JMS omnibus, I heard good things about Dan Jurgens run but I have to pick and choose with that enough room for my shelfspace. in a few weeks Im about to complete my PAD Incredible Hulk Omnibus collection in a few weeks with vol 4 finale coming in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I got my Thor Aaron Omnibus, look through it, exhale looking at all that great art, and remember how those stories were when I first read it as floppies which I still have.(glad I kept them cause first Gor and First Jane Thor are really expensive). and put it next to my Walter Simonson Thor Omnibus, Now if only Marvel reprint JMS omnibus, I heard good things about Dan Jurgens run but I have to pick and choose with that enough room for my shelfspace. in a few weeks Im about to complete my PAD Incredible Hulk Omnibus collection in a few weeks with vol 4 finale coming in.
    Don’t forget about the Fraction Thor Omnibus coming out shortly as well!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Don’t forget about the Fraction Thor Omnibus coming out shortly as well!
    I heard the Fraction run wasn't as well received and I remember dropping it in the middle of it back in the day.

I was aware of the Epic collections thanks, I also have all the Essential line and the silver age omnibus run. The ones I was interested in was collected editions which did not get this treatment such as the strange tales edition I mentioned above.
    Hmmm. Most of the Silver Age books, as you said are omnibused. And that Strange Tales had appeared in Marvel Masterworks previously, so if you look at the beginning of that list I linked, there's a few qualify, mostly Bronze Age, like:

Captain Marvel (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    Champions Classic (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    Deathlok the Demolisher
    Invaders Classic
    Machine Man
    Man-Wolf
    Not Brand Ecch (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    S.H.I.E.L.D by Steranko
    Tigra
    Warlock (which was Marvel Masterworked)

I'd also add:

Super-Villain Unite: The Complete Super-Villain Team-Up