Page 892 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 392792842882888889890891892893894895896902942992 ... LastLast
Results 13,366 to 13,380 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Found a variant cover to the Thanos Infinity Origins omnibus on the previews site, pretty nice cover. Still going for the DM variant. https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT181003

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me with regards to Waid's Daredevil and now Straczynski's Spider-Man. Although, with the latter I never did get hold of the Back in Black and ASM: Civil War OHCs.

It would seem that any popular run that was released in OHCs will eventually get the Omnibus treatment.
    The Hulk books were the last I was after since I thought Spider-man was a surer bet. The lot I picked up was the 3 book Loeb set and the Fall of the Hulks Pak book. Now I am trying to decide do I go after the last book I need Incredible Hulks: World War Hulks or are we going to see the "companion" omnibus to this. Realistically I got a great deal at $50 for the 4 books shipped; just decisions, decisions based on Marvels mystery release scheme. I have to agree it is looking more and more like the old OHCs will hit Omni. Hmmm should I part with my HoM? Nahhhh! Even though I know they will get a double dip out of me by including the contents of the Excalibur prelude TPB in the inevitable Omnibus.
    Last edited by Brewman; 11-17-2018 at 12:47 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    The Hulk books were the last I was after since I thought Spider-man was a surer bet. The lot I picked up was the 3 book Loeb set and the Fall of the Hulks Pak book. Now I am trying to decide do I go after the last book I need Incredible Hulks: World War Hulks or are we going to see the "companion" omnibus to this. Realistically I got a great deal at $50 for the 4 books shipped; just decisions, decisions based on Marvels mystery release scheme. I have to agree it is looking more and more like the old OHCs will hit Omni. Hmmm should I part with my HoM? Nahhhh! Even though I know they will get a double dip out of me by including the contents of the Excalibur prelude TPB in the inevitable Omnibus.
    I also thought of HoM but what can you do? Sell it but you never know whether there will be an Omnibus or not. I managed to pick up the HoM and Planet Hulk OHCs a few years back at a great price on a local online auction site and a year or so later we get the Planet Hulk Omni.

I recently had a Secret Wars readathon. The OHC and the majority of the mini-series tie-ins. I can see a Secret Wars Omni down the line. They'll most likely include Battleworld #1-4, Secret Wars Journal #1-5, Thors #1-4 and Siege Vol. 2 #1-4 along with the main event. They may also include Ultimate End #1-5 which was a hot mess to top things up. This is probably one of the reasons for not including the event in the second Hickman Avengers Omni.

Spectacular Member

I also thought of HoM but what can you do? Sell it but you never know whether there will be an Omnibus or not. I managed to pick up the HoM and Planet Hulk OHCs a few years back at a great price on a local online auction site and a year or so later we get the Planet Hulk Omni.

I recently had a Secret Wars readathon. The OHC and the majority of the mini-series tie-ins. I can see a Secret Wars Omni down the line. They'll most likely include Battleworld #1-4, Secret Wars Journal #1-5, Thors #1-4 and Siege Vol. 2 #1-4 along with the main event. They may also include Ultimate End #1-5 which was a hot mess to top things up. This is probably one of the reasons for not including the event in the second Hickman Avengers Omni.
    I am surprised Secret War wasn't collected in the same way Civil War was, over 7ish OHCs. I loved the main story, but haven't read any tie-ins - my understanding was most were good though.

I was also surprised we didn't get a "Last Days of the Ultimate Universe" OHC after Last Days of the Marvel Universe - could've collected All-New Ultimates, Ultimate FF and Ultimate End to bookend my Ultimate Universe collection, next to Miles Morales Omnibus!

Finally, HoM Omnibus is only worth doing if they are collecting the additional miniseries too (imho) - which would stretch it to a 2 collection set. I would definitely buy it, but only if it has everything!

Incredible Member

Actually I would never sell my HoM set. They were my 30th Bday present to myself. I bought them new off the shelf at a LCS and they were the first OHCs I bought and started this whole thing for me. Sentimental value and all.

As far as Secret Wars goes I do wonder if they will do an omnibus. I have heard some tie ins are more "value added" than others, so personally I would prefer a companion OHC with a few select minis; however, we know Marvel has no aversion to providing opportunities for fans to double dip.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I am surprised Secret War wasn't collected in the same way Civil War was, over 7ish OHCs. I loved the main story, but haven't read any tie-ins - my understanding was most were good though.

I was also surprised we didn't get a "Last Days of the Ultimate Universe" OHC after Last Days of the Marvel Universe - could've collected All-New Ultimates, Ultimate FF and Ultimate End to bookend my Ultimate Universe collection, next to Miles Morales Omnibus!

Finally, HoM Omnibus is only worth doing if they are collecting the additional miniseries too (imho) - which would stretch it to a 2 collection set. I would definitely buy it, but only if it has everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Actually I would never sell my HoM set. They were my 30th Bday present to myself. I bought them new off the shelf at a LCS and they were the first OHCs I bought and started this whole thing for me. Sentimental value and all.

As far as Secret Wars goes I do wonder if they will do an omnibus. I have heard some tie ins are more "value added" than others, so personally I would prefer a companion OHC with a few select minis; however, we know Marvel has no aversion to providing opportunities for fans to double dip.
    Out of the many (almost 50) Secret Wars tie-ins and one-shots, the below were my favourites, some of them true gems:

Master of Kung-Fu #1-4
    Planet Hulk #1-5 (Steve Rogers & Devil Dinosaur vs. Hulks)
    Marvel Zombies #1-4
    1872 #1-4 (A very good Western)
    ASM: Renew Your Vows #1-5 (My favourite Spidey - husband to Mary Jane)
    Armor Wars #1/2-5
    Korvac Saga #1-4
    Hail Hydra #1-4 (Good to see Ian Rogers again)
    Secret Wars: Agents of Atlas #1

Unfortunately most of the Secret Wars mini's were terrible, almost none of them were relevant, and the few that were relevant were either completely redundant with the main mini or completely contradicted it. It's a real shame because it was the perfect template for a bunch of good, relevant side-stories about all the nooks and crannies of Battleworld and between-panel action. I'd say World War Hulk did a much better job of this, even with a story much smaller in scope.

Very interesting. A little pricey
    Silver Surfer: Parable 30th Anniversary Oversized Edition

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918743/
    We need better comics

And these are the contents of the Heroes Reborn Omnibus:

Description: Marvel's greatest heroes, revamped and reborn! Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, the FF and more have awakened on a whole new world, boldly reimagined by the hottest creators of the 1990s! Steve Rogers takes on the mantle of the Sentinel of Liberty, gains a brand new sidekick and faces down the Red Skull! Cap, Hawkeye, Vision, Swordsman, Hellcat and more form the Avengers, but can they awaken Thor and defeat the devious Loki? The Fantastic Four face old threats for the first time, from Mole Man to Doctor Doom! The newly-forged Iron Man takes on Hydra and the incredible Hulk! But can these reborn heroes save the Earth from the hunger of Galactus?

COLLECTING: HEROES REBORN 1/2, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1996) 1-12, AVENGERS (1996) 1-12, FANTASTIC FOUR (1996) 1-12, IRON MAN (1996) 1-12, MATERIAL FROM INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 450

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Very interesting. A little pricey
    Silver Surfer: Parable 30th Anniversary Oversized Edition

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302918743/
    Awesome! I‘d never hoped Marvel would do an English-language release of the recent oversized European editions of Parable, but luckily I was wrong. Glad I held off on getting the French one. I wonder if it will also include a wraparound poster dustjacket.

Btw, the book will be an inch taller than DC‘s Absolutes. A worthy format for Moebius‘ artwork.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 11-18-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Silver Surfer:Parable is a great story but considerating i already have the story in another format i will not be getting this Oversized Edition.
    Speaking of Silver Surfer,there is a new Silver Surfer book from the Marvel Epic Collection that will collect SILVER SURFER: 123-138, -1, and ANNUAL '97.
    Looking forward to this entry of the Epic Collection because it have the J.M.DeMatteis stories of Silver Surfer which i had never read but i remember the stories looking cool from the solicits of this time.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Had no idea DeMatteis was doing Silver Surfer. I usually like his work, so I’ll check this out.

Thanks.

Astonishing Member

^^^^
    The J.M.DeMatteis run in the Silver Surfer is almost all collected in the upcoming Silver Surfer Epic Collection number.
    I never read the stories,but the art from the solicits from this time looked awesome and the stories being writen by J.M.DeMatteis made this run always one of the comic books that i will have to read eventualy,so this new Epic number of Silver Surfer looks great to me.

Hey everyone,

Looks like Marvrl will be realeasing:

Master of Kung Fu Epic Collection Vol 2
    X-Men Epic Collection vol 4 (Reprint years)
    New Mutants Epic Collection vol 2 Demon Bear saga

In June and July. I’m so excited for all 3

Also, Spider-Girl Completr Collection vol 2
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The Silver Surfer:Parable is a great story but considerating i already have the story in another format i will not be getting this Oversized Edition.
    Speaking of Silver Surfer,there is a new Silver Surfer book from the Marvel Epic Collection that will collect SILVER SURFER: 123-138, -1, and ANNUAL '97.
    Looking forward to this entry of the Epic Collection because it have the J.M.DeMatteis stories of Silver Surfer which i had never read but i remember the stories looking cool from the solicits of this time.
    Silver Surfer ended with #146; I wonder what else they will fill out the final Epic Collection with...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES