Page 1005 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 20730
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I miss being a kid
    Seeing a comic book on
    The rack and after flipping
    Through it deciding I want
    To buy it
    Never considering and worrying
    About not having read the issues
    Before it or if there would be another
    Issue in the future ....... just wanting
    To read that particular book
    Because I found it peaked my interest.
    Yeah, the issue number never bothered me. This resulted in me picking up a wide range of comics, amongst others New Titans #2 even though I didn't have #1, I had no iidea it contained Deathstroke's first appearance. I would regularly pick up Daredevil and The Incredible Hulk but would also check out other comics. I would usually end up getting Defenders because of the occasional Daredevil appearance. I was never for some reason interested in the Avengers. My brother would buy one or all four of the Spidey titles. This would obviously depend on whether we had enough money or not and "life or death" decisions would need to be made. When the GofG movie was released I found out that my Incredible Hulk #271 (second Rocket Racoon appearance, first colour) was worth quite a bit. Fun days.

Amazing Member

Is the World War Hulk omni as good as the Planet Hulk omni? I tend to be a bit leery of books that have so many crossovers. It works for some (Crisis and Secret Wars come to mind) but not many others. I would also like people’s take on the Infinity War omni that came out. I enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet back in the day but even it had a bit of crossover fatigue after the Silver Surfer issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Is the World War Hulk omni as good as the Planet Hulk omni? I tend to be a bit leery of books that have so many crossovers. It works for some (Crisis and Secret Wars come to mind) but not many others. I would also like people’s take on the Infinity War omni that came out. I enjoyed Infinity Gauntlet back in the day but even it had a bit of crossover fatigue after the Silver Surfer issues.
    Planet Hulk is leaps and bounds better than WWH. I bought the omnibus, read it, regretted it, and then sold it.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Is the World War Hulk omni as good as the Planet Hulk omni?
    No. It's filled with John Romita Jr. artwork. *shudders*

I only read the main mini-series, so most of the World War Hulk material would be lost on me, but I thought the core story was a big letdown after Planet Hulk, which I loved.

Spectacular Member

Buy the planet hulk omni, then WWH OHC with only the main series is adequate. I don't remember any of the tie-ins being important to the main story. And yeah the story is basically HULK SMASH with blocky JRJR art.

I personally think World War Hulk is one of the better major crossovers Marvel has done. That said, it's not quite as good as Planet Hulk. But that's mostly because Planet Hulk was simply amazing, and hard to follow. If only we'd have gotten that one the big screen, instead of a footnote in a Thor movie...

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, the issue number never bothered me. This resulted in me picking up a wide range of comics, amongst others New Titans #2 even though I didn't have #1, I had no iidea it contained Deathstroke's first appearance. I would regularly pick up Daredevil and The Incredible Hulk but would also check out other comics. I would usually end up getting Defenders because of the occasional Daredevil appearance. I was never for some reason interested in the Avengers. My brother would buy one or all four of the Spidey titles. This would obviously depend on whether we had enough money or not and "life or death" decisions would need to be made. When the GofG movie was released I found out that my Incredible Hulk #271 (second Rocket Racoon appearance, first colour) was worth quite a bit. Fun days.
    Exactly.....running through my boxes of floppies I have so many random books I just bought to read, not collect.....original Contest of Champions, Teen Titans Judas Contract arc, original Secret Wars.....but the one I 'value' most is my Iron Fist #14 (1st appearance of Sabretooth). It was purchased off the rack without collecting in mind....I just liked the look of this Sabertooth guy on the cover. It was read many, many times as a kid and now sits in one of my boxes bagged and boarded, not to maintain it's value.....I lost the cover to it long ago, but rather to maintain some of my childhood. This was my favorite comic book issue growing up and I'm glad I still have it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The World War Hulk Omnibus isn't a bad read at all. In addition to the 5 issue event, the Incredible Hulk issues and a couple of WWH one-shots, there's a ton of crossover issues. I would say the most relevant and interesting ones are the Iron Man, WWH:Front Line and Heroes For Hire issues. Ghost Rider has a couple of good moments. WWH: X-Men was pretty forgettable. Also, the WWH Aftersmash: Warbound issues were very good. There was some pretty decent art in the majority of the Omnibus, in particular the Incredible Hulk (Gary Frank, Carlo Pagulayan) and Iron Man (Butch Guice) issues. And yes, the JRJR art is pretty blocky at times. Not up to the standard of his Daredevil work.

Planet Hulk is definitely better. I have the PH OHC and never "upgraded" to the Omnibus, or should I say downgraded. The OHC has the better quality paper and the faux leather cover. The PH Omnibus does, however, have a handful of extra issues.

Spectacular Member

I hope IST gets that Bendis Daredevil restock in soon. I'd hate to buy it from Amazon.

All-New Member

Near Mint Condition does it again, new omnibus announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRaN81zYFFI

Last edited by JoeGuy; 02-16-2020 at 03:24 AM.

Moonknight!

Thunderbolts!!

Uncanny X-Men Vol 4!!!

NEW MUTANTS !!!!

Marvel is crushing it. Very excited!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gobot View Post
    Near Mint Condition does it again, new omnibus announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRaN81zYFFI
    This is an excellent video. I’m subscribing to it today.

If you don’t have time to watch, the confirmed Marvel omnibus coming out in late 2020/early 2021 are:
    1. Venominbus Vol 3
    2. Thanos: The Infinity Saga
    3. War of Realms
    4. Excalibur
    5. Moon Knight
    6. Marvel Horror Lives Again
    7. Incredible Hulk by Peter David Vol 2
    8. Savage Sword of Conan - The Original Marvel Years Vol 4
    9. Infinity Crusade
    10. Conan the Barbarian - The Original Marvel Years Vol 5
    11. Marvel Cosmic Universe by Donny Cates Vol 1
    12. Kull