Page 1007 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 7507907957997100310041005100610071008100910101011101710571107 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,105 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    What do you think Thanos: the Infinity Saga will include? Compared to the Infinity Gauntlet, War and Crusade omnibi
    I'm thinking all those mini-series/graphic novels by Starlin which the majority were released as OHC's:

Thanos: The Infinity Revelation (2014) OGN
    Thanos: A God Up There Listening (2014) #1-6
    Thanos Annual #1 (2014)
    Thanos vs. Hulk (2014) #1-4
    Thanos: The Infinity Relativity (2015) OGN
    The Infinity Entity (2016) #1-4
    Thanos: The Infinity Finale (2016) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings (2018) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Conflict (2018) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Ending (2019) OGN

It might clock in at around 1000+ pages.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm thinking all those mini-series/graphic novels by Starlin which the majority were released as OHC's:

Thanos: The Infinity Revelation (2014) OGN
    Thanos: A God Up There Listening (2014) #1-6
    Thanos Annual #1 (2014)
    Thanos vs. Hulk (2014) #1-4
    Thanos: The Infinity Relativity (2015) OGN
    The Infinity Entity (2016) #1-4
    Thanos: The Infinity Finale (2016) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings (2018) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Conflict (2018) OGN
    Thanos: The Infinity Ending (2019) OGN

It might clock in at around 1000+ pages.
    It's true, probably it's that. I have the OGN, but maybe it's interesting.

Is A god up there listening written by starling? I think it's not, as it was a story about Thane, thanos' son

Mighty Member

It would make some sense, but it's not related to the story. GotG and silver surfer black are directly related, as SS:B story starts in GotG.

It would be good if it includes death of Inhumans, as it's not a bad story, but I doubt it, being something separated
    I feel like they'd have called the collection GotG by Cates if it was just GotG and SS:B. That's my only reason for thinking Inhumans will be included
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I feel like they'd have called the collection GotG by Cates if it was just GotG and SS:B. That's my only reason for thinking Inhumans will be included
    That's a good point. Marvel Cosmic Universe is too generic, so maybe maybe. That way every series written by Cates would be in hardcover format, which is good. I almost bought Death of the Inhumans in spanish, as I thought it wouldn't be collected in hardcover.

The Collection's department is doing some good things, but I still don't understand why there's no Amazing-Spiderman by Spencer in OHC. The floppies are selling well and I'm sure there's interest. Also Avengers by Aaron, even if it's not his best. Maybe they are waiting to publish an omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It's true, probably it's that. I have the OGN, but maybe it's interesting.

Is A god up there listening written by starling? I think it's not, as it was a story about Thane, thanos' son
    You're right, it's written by Rob Williams. It seems to be considered by some as part of the Infinity Saga. What do others think?

Mighty Member

You're right, it's written by Rob Williams. It seems to be considered by some as part of the Infinity Saga. What do others think?
    I don't think it fits in with Starlin's work at all, so I wouldn't put it in the collection.

BTW, if this is all the OGNs plus connective minis, that'll just leave Infinity Abyss, Marvel Universe: The End, and Thanos 1-6 not in omnibus format.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    They must also include the Cosmic Ghost Rider series.

Spectacular Member

It's more related to Hickman's Infinity, so It shouldn't be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by fabiano View Post
    They must also include the Cosmic Ghost Rider series.
    It was already included in the Thanos by Donny Cates OHC (the story starts from that series), so I hope it's not. But it would make sense, as it's also cosmic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    Yo thanks for writing out the list. Very cool to see eclectic stuff like Kull and Marvel Horror getting premium reprints.

Clearly Marvel's got a system that's working much better than whatever's going on at DC.
    My thoughts on the list:

1. Marvel Horror must sell pretty consistently.
    2. Marvel seems determined to collect licensed material while they can. They did that for Master of Kung Fu, Star Wars, and now the Conan and other Robert E Howard books are coming out at an incredibly fast pace.
    3. Marvel must be following the most wanted omnibus polls. There's just too many upcoming books that appeared on the poll for it to be a coincidence.
    4, I really wish DC listened to the fans and had an aggressive publishing schedule. JLI vol 1 came out in 2017 to strong numbers, but vol 2 isn't scheduled to come out until later this year. Unless they cancel it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    My thoughts on the list:

3. Marvel must be following the most wanted omnibus polls. There's just too many upcoming books that appeared on the poll for it to be a coincidence.
    Thanos, Infinity Crusade, Venomomnibus, X-Men v4, and Cosmic Cates all seemed like no-brainers based on previous sales. I bet we find out next month that Huik by PAD sold gargantuan numbers (not HOXPOX big, but very respectable for an omnibus) for them to have already greenlit v2. The rest, though, I think you're right - Excalibur, New Mutants, Moon Knight, and Thunderbolts. Those are all most wanted mainstays.

Spectacular Member

They should publish a "Moon knight by Ellis, Wood and Bunn" Omnibus let's see if someone reads this

Yes, it's on the top of my list.

Astonishing Member

Quite a few new Marvel Omnibus´s that i am looking forward to have.By order:

1-Incredible Hulk by Peter David Vol 2 (And the first one of course)
    2-Thunderbolts
    3-Moon Knight (I am hoping that this Omnibus will be with the first Moon Knight stories by Doug Moench and Bill Sienckiewicz)
    4-Excalibur
    5-Thanos: The Infinity Saga

I would get the New Mutants Omnibus as well,but i just got the New Mutants: Demon Bear Saga Epic Collection recently,so it will be a pass to that one to me.

The Conan and Savage Sword of Conan Omnibuses are all in my wishlist as well.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 01-24-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is an excellent video. I’m subscribing to it today.

If you don’t have time to watch, the confirmed Marvel omnibus coming out in late 2020/early 2021 are:
    1. Venominbus Vol 3 - MUST BUY
    2. Thanos: The Infinity Saga - MUST BUY
    3. War of Realms - Later Buy
    4. Excalibur - Later Buy
    5. Moon Knight - MUST MUST MUST MUST BUY
    6. Marvel Horror Lives Again - Awaiting contents but Highly Likely first week buy
    7. Incredible Hulk by Peter David Vol 2 - MUST BUY
    8. Savage Sword of Conan - The Original Marvel Years Vol 4 - I've decided to skip the Savage title and only get the main one now.
    9. Infinity Crusade - MUST BUY, complete the orig 90s trilogy
    10. Conan the Barbarian - The Original Marvel Years Vol 5 - MUST BUY
    11. Marvel Cosmic Universe by Donny Cates Vol 1 - Contents pending
    12. Kull - Pass, wait for heavy discount
    13. Thunderbolts - MUST BUY
    14. New Mutants - Later Buy
    15. X-Men Vol 4 - MUST MUST MUST BUY
    I'm thinking the Moon Knight Omni will contain all of the contents from the first 3 epics, which is the 70s fare, some early 80s stuff. MKs mid-ish 80 apperances are in West Coast Avengers Omnis already. That will leave the late 80s - early 90s run of Marc Spector: MK next to be on my must have wish list.
    I had at one point some 8/9 months back mapped a potential Venomnibus vol.3 so I'm glad to see that happen. If it looks like my mapping, which I should've saved, it'll include his brief Anti-Venom appearances. Venom fare after that could then be Flash Thompson collected fare as Agent Venom.
    Marvel is about to see some serious high numbers on UXM vol.4, just wait. I will not be shocked if it becomes the new #1 most sold units in an initial month.
    Conan vol. 5 - - someone at Marvel Collected Editions clearly sees the light that Dan Didio does not. Print the fare people want, high volumes do not scare. Now, the only missing gap here is to reprint the volumes not called 1. Hopefully the are understanding that, we shall see.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL. 14 HC
    Written by ROGER STERN with PETER B. GILLIS, ELLIOT S! MAGGIN, DAVID MICHELINIE, JOHN BYRNE, ROGER McKENZIE, DAVID ANTHONY KRAFT & JIM SALICRUP
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA with JOHN BYRNE & JIM MOONEY
    Cover by RICH BUCKLER
    Roger Stern and Sal Buscema plumb the depths of Bruce Banner, Marvel’s most conflicted character — but can they find what hope lies in the mind of the man cursed by the Incredible Hulk? This round of Marvel classics begins with Banner finally cured of his gamma-powered alter ego! But without the Hulk’s power, how can he stop the Leader? It’s a life-or-death fight that just might end with the Hulk, not Banner, free of his hated other half — and only Doc Samson can save the man inside the monster! Also featuring a double-sized Stern ’n’ Byrne Annual pitting Hulk, Iceman and Angel against the mile-high menace of Master Mold — and a classic crossover with Captain America! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #223-233 and ANNUAL #7, CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #230, MIGHTY MARVEL COMICS CALENDAR 1979, and material from MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #17.
    296 PGS./Rated T …$75.00

I'm loving that Hulk Omni love the last year capped off with these Peter David volumes. What is it going to take to get an IH Silver Age vol. 2 Omni out though!!! We aren't going to get a movie which used to be the catalyst for that fare. UXM vol.4 gives me hope they might be abandoning that particular synchronicity.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

This is an excellent video. I’m subscribing to it today.

If you don’t have time to watch, the confirmed Marvel omnibus coming out in late 2020/early 2021 are:
    1. Venominbus Vol 3
    2. Thanos: The Infinity Saga
    3. War of Realms
    4. Excalibur
    5. Moon Knight
    6. Marvel Horror Lives Again
    7. Incredible Hulk by Peter David Vol 2
    8. Savage Sword of Conan - The Original Marvel Years Vol 4
    9. Infinity Crusade
    10. Conan the Barbarian - The Original Marvel Years Vol 5
    11. Marvel Cosmic Universe by Donny Cates Vol 1
    12. Kull
    13. Thunderbolts
    14. New Mutants
    15. X-Men Vol 4

Full content details to come later.
    Upcoming Omnibus reprints video is this Sunday
    Upcoming Epic collections video is next Wednesday
    Amazing, will buy around 10 of them.

Just hoping the Venomnibus collects the Remender run, and not simply the Way one.