Page 1010 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 105109109601000100610071008100910101011101210131014102010601110 ... LastLast
Results 15,136 to 15,150 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    X-Men Volume 1 omnibus gets a new printing out in June. Vol 2 and 3 are reprinted in late 2020/early 2021.
    Brilliant! Thank you

Along with UXF and Astonishing omnis, this will be a good year!!

Incredible Member

I'm eyeing the Wolverine omni v1; I've never read the non-Hama issues of the Wolverine 1988 ongoing. Are those early Claremont issues any good?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'm eyeing the Wolverine omni v1; I've never read the non-Hama issues of the Wolverine 1988 ongoing. Are those early Claremont issues any good?
    Claremont went for a pulp adventure tone with the Madripoor setting and lack of costumes. The art is by John Buscema with some guest art by Gene Colan, so those issues have a strong Bronze Age style . Claremont had some choices, like the Patch identity, that never really paid off. He left after 10 issues, then there were stories by Peter David and Jo Duffy. The title didn't really pick up storywise until Hama began writing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Claremont went for a pulp adventure tone with the Madripoor setting and lack of costumes. The art is by John Buscema with some guest art by Gene Colan, so those issues have a strong Bronze Age style . Claremont had some choices, like the Patch identity, that never really paid off. He left after 10 issues, then there were stories by Peter David and Jo Duffy. The title didn't really pick up storywise until Hama began writing.
    Gotcha. Thank you.

Is the Original Marvel Years Conan omni v1 worth it, or is it mostly a time capsule of outdated storytelling? I understand the BWS art is great, but how are the stories? For instance, I cannot get into most writing from the 60s or early 70s. Too of their time.

ETA: Conan v1 is OOP, right? Any reprint news?

How's Marvel's Savage Sword omni v1? How does that series differ from the main Conan series? More brutal action or something?

Spectacular Member

Gotcha. Thank you.

Is the Original Marvel Years Conan omni v1 worth it, or is it mostly a time capsule of outdated storytelling? I understand the BWS art is great, but how are the stories? For instance, I cannot get into most writing from the 60s or early 70s. Too of their time.

ETA: Conan v1 is OOP, right? Any reprint news?

How's Marvel's Savage Sword omni v1? How does that series differ from the main Conan series? More brutal action or something?
    The way they are going through printing Conan the Barbarian omnis, I’m sure that they will reprint #1 at some point before they are through printing the full run... not sure about any other volumes though.

Amazing Member

Speculation on contents of Uncanny X-Men vol 4? Is the gap too big between V3 and Mutant Massacre or could there be a volume 5 that includes X-Factor 1-8, which I don’t think is collected in Omni yet.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone have a guess on when the Mighty Thor Vol 1 Omnibus by Stan Lee will be reprinted? Thanks!

I don't, but am patiently waiting so I can complete my collection.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Brilliant! Thank you

Along with UXF and Astonishing omnis, this will be a good year!!
    yeah, seems like a great time to try collecting every x-men omni.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, seems like a great time to try collecting every x-men omni.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Speculation on contents of Uncanny X-Men vol 4? Is the gap too big between V3 and Mutant Massacre or could there be a volume 5 that includes X-Factor 1-8, which I don’t think is collected in Omni yet.
    I've never been to the Masterworks board. Is there a listing of all released omnis that list their contents chronologically? I'm wondering if I get UXM v1-4, then while waiting for v5 in oh 2022 probably, i could grab other omnis like Mutant Massacre or Claremont/Lee v1-2 that can pick up the content baton from UXM v4?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've never been to the Masterworks board. Is there a listing of all released omnis that list their contents chronologically? I'm wondering if I get UXM v1-4, then while waiting for v5 in oh 2022 probably, i could grab other omnis like Mutant Massacre or Claremont/Lee v1-2 that can pick up the content baton from UXM v4?
    Try this (Collected Editions Marvel Omnibus HCs)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Does someone have a link to Krisis page? I used to have it but a computer crash took a lot from me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Does someone have a link to Krisis page? I used to have it but a computer crash took a lot from me.
    http://crushingkrisis.com/crushing-c...l-comic-books/
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    The gap between Uncanny Vol. 3 & Mutant Massacre is indeed too large to fit into 1 volume...

Still uncollected in omnibus format are UXM #176-209, X-Factor #1-8, Longshot #1-6, Nightcrawler #1-4, Kitty Pryde & Wolverine #1-6, X-Men & Alpha Flight #1-2, plus some annuals and other miscellaneous issues.

So we are looking at 2 more omnibuses to fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Does anyone have a guess on when the Mighty Thor Vol 1 Omnibus by Stan Lee will be reprinted? Thanks!
    As it was not listed in the upcoming re-prints for late 2020/early 2021...If they plan on re-printing it...I would guess around the time the next movie comes out in late 2021.

Per Near Mint Condition on YouTube, some Complete Collections and Epic Collections coming in the fourth quarter of 2020:

TOMB OF DRACULA COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 4
    THOR: THE ETERNALS SAGA COMPLETE COLLECTION
    IRON MAN BY MIKE GRELL COMPLETE COLLECTION
    MAN-THING BY STEVE GERBER COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL 3

CONAN THE MARVEL YEARS VOL 2 EPIC COLLECTION
    X-FORCE VOL 3 EPIC COLLECTION
    MASTER OF KUNG FU VOL 3 EPIC COLLECTION
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL 5 EPIC COLLECTION
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL 15 EPIC COLLECTION
    BLACK PANTHER VOL 3 EPIC COLLECTION
    X-FACTOR VOL 2 COMPLETE COLLECTION
    AVENGERS VOL 18 EPIC COLLECTION
    CAPTAIN AMERICA VOL 10 EPIC COLLECTION
    DOCTOR STRANGE VOL 4 EPIC COLLECTION
    X-MEN VOL 4 EPIC COLLECTION
    Last edited by JJ87; 01-29-2020 at 06:56 PM.