Page 1018 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 185189189681008101410151016101710181019102010211022102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 15,256 to 15,270 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thank you. I will pass on those then as I was already leaning that way. As for your Spidey Omni suggestions, I am all for that. The question though is that when Marvel releases Volumes 5 and upward would those issues be collected again or skipped over since they already have omnis?
    There's a few items like that. Captain America is another one. Put out Captain America vol 3, no brianer.
    But when you get to vol 4, would you then sort of 'ignore' that the Kirby Cap omnibus exists, as it's long out of print, and just release vol 4 with essentially the Kirby Cap contents, albeit redone via new restoration via MMWs? And if not creator specific, then that vol 4 could have 3 MMWs in it instead of the two for just Kirby Cap.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    There's a few items like that. Captain America is another one. Put out Captain America vol 3, no brianer.
    But when you get to vol 4, would you then sort of 'ignore' that the Kirby Cap omnibus exists, as it's long out of print, and just release vol 4 with essentially the Kirby Cap contents, albeit redone via new restoration via MMWs? And if not creator specific, then that vol 4 could have 3 MMWs in it instead of the two for just Kirby Cap.
    Yeah that's true. For example, instead of a reprint of the Spider-Man Stern Omnibus they would probably opt to just do the Vol 6 instead because I am guessing they want an unbroken collection of omnibus releases.

Amazing Member

Yeah that's true. For example, instead of a reprint of the Spider-Man Stern Omnibus they would probably opt to just do the Vol 6 instead because I am guessing they want an unbroken collection of omnibus releases.
    I've been wondering about that, especially about the Uncanny X-Men volumes. We have vol 4 coming out this year and I assume that will go to at least 200 with various minis. But then there are the event omnis. Will they stop where the Mutant Massacre begins or continue on and re-collect just the Uncanny X-Men issues and go until the Claremont/Lee omniboo?

Regarding Spidey omnis, whereas 2020 is the year of the reprint, and mostly X-related (all 3 uncannys, both claremont/lee, wolvering, uncanny x-force) and new (new mutants, uncanny 4, excalibur, I'm probably forgetting more), so this is the year of the X.

perhaps NEXT year (2021) they'll continue the reprint train, and focus on Spidey again. Reprint vols 2 + 3, and maybe even 4 by that time. And maybe McFarlane again, Stern (unless like said above, they let that one die and push things out via vols 5, 6, etc...) and they could push out a Spectacular omnibus vol 1 now that all 3 MMWs are out. I'm thinking next year is a spidey year, and then they can fill in with other ancillary reprints as well. if they want to focus on making as most money as they can, reprinting X and Spidey is obviously the way to go.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Regarding Spidey omnis, whereas 2020 is the year of the reprint, and mostly X-related (all 3 uncannys, both claremont/lee, wolvering, uncanny x-force) and new (new mutants, uncanny 4, excalibur, I'm probably forgetting more), so this is the year of the X.

perhaps NEXT year (2021) they'll continue the reprint train, and focus on Spidey again. Reprint vols 2 + 3, and maybe even 4 by that time. And maybe McFarlane again, Stern (unless like said above, they let that one die and push things out via vols 5, 6, etc...) and they could push out a Spectacular omnibus vol 1 now that all 3 MMWs are out. I'm thinking next year is a spidey year, and then they can fill in with other ancillary reprints as well. if they want to focus on making as most money as they can, reprinting X and Spidey is obviously the way to go.
    I'm in favor of this. While I finally got ASM 1-4, and have the McFarlane, the Spectacular Omnibus is one I really want to see.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'm in favor of this. While I finally got ASM 1-4, and have the McFarlane, the Spectacular Omnibus is one I really want to see.
    As a personal opinion, and acknowledging that others may differ, I'd love it if they did a huge Spec v1 (1-42) that runs right up to Stern's run. Then v2 62-100 (or 89 if they decide to do the Alien Costume Omnibus as a post Stern omni). It's that v2 I really want - the companion to Stern's ASM issues.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Gem Mint showing off 7 custom Marvel omnibuses he bought https://youtu.be/eJrCfn1OP4w

Is there any word on the X-men omnibus volume 1 Lee/Kirby ever being reprinted, thanks?
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Is there any word on the X-men omnibus volume 1 Lee/Kirby ever being reprinted, thanks?
    Not sure if there's been any word on it but I can't imagine it being reprinted anytime soon. There isn't much of a demand for it, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Not sure if there's been any word on it but I can't imagine it being reprinted anytime soon. There isn't much of a demand for it, as far as I know.
    That's a pity if true however thank you for the reply.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I finally broke down and paid too much to get one, about 2 months ago.
    With the material available in softcover and hardcover MMWs (albeit some are hard to find), and across multiple epic collections (again, some hard to find), and the silver age X-Men just not being well spoken of, I would bet vols 1+2 of the omnibuses might be awhile before a reprint happens.

All-New Member

I finally broke down and paid too much to get one, about 2 months ago.
    With the material available in softcover and hardcover MMWs (albeit some are hard to find), and across multiple epic collections (again, some hard to find), and the silver age X-Men just not being well spoken of, I would bet vols 1+2 of the omnibuses might be awhile before a reprint happens.
    Paying through the nose was a no-brainer for me, given I'm old enough to have bought #1 off the rack as a young boy! Sad to hear the title is not well thought of these days.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I can see Marvel reprinting the X-Men Vol. 1 & 2 Omnibuses in 2021. Now that the X-Men movie rights will be returning to Marvel (Disney), there will be ample reasons to put out more reprints alongside future movies.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGv9aLW9crk it isin't glued. Think that last Marvel omnibuses (printing in Leo papers and this with rectangle spine form made in Malesia) are the downgrade compare to that what they sold last years and was printing in R.R Donnelly.

Some of that youtubers are funny, when they buy DC book and is made like that where the spine doesn't lift (for exmaple Batman) it is bad, but when they get book for free like this Wolverine and spine doesn't lift it is absolutely everything ok.
    The same was with Uncanny X-FORCE Omnibus Comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hACw1jcJfo evidently reprint is downgrade compare to old the version and there is no problem
    Actually, you do have a point regarding the youtube vids. They're discussing this problem at length on the Masterworks Board:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...34508-s40.html

The square spine and tight binding of the recent Omnibuses is becoming a bit of a concern.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Actually, you do have a point regarding the youtube vids. They're discussing this problem at length on the Masterworks Board:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...34508-s40.html

The square spine and tight binding of the recent Omnibuses is becoming a bit of a concern.
    This sucks. Definitely feeling some regret over selling my five X-Men and Infinity Gauntlet omnis. I was in a bit of a money crunch and figured I could just buy the reprints. Now I’m not sure the issue will be fixed in time for those releases and I might’ve made a mistake.