Page 1019 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 195199199691009101510161017101810191020102110221023102910691119 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,285 of 20754
    Amazing Member

Unluckily I have preordered all that new books, don't know why in this Wolverine omni the spine look different on that youtubers videos, on Omar's look like is more elastic and better like in book from Leo pepers, and on Gem's like it is glued to the spine, well "it's one of life's mysteries"
    From my perspective it will end like with DC books, I would like to buy that The Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 1 but i don't know if there will be vol.2 so I don't buy.
    I don't have to buy their books, but they have to sell them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    This sucks. Definitely feeling some regret over selling my five X-Men and Infinity Gauntlet omnis. I was in a bit of a money crunch and figured I could just buy the reprints. Now I’m not sure the issue will be fixed in time for those releases and I might’ve made a mistake.
    Yeah it is a huge deal that Wolverine Omnibus looks terrible. The gutter loss IMO is horrible. I wanted to buy it but I can’t afford to spend so much money on a bunk book where 15-20% of the art is hidden. If you watch the gem mint video you see how the book won’t even stay open.

I lost a lot of respect for Gem not calling out that issue and saying that it looks fine. I mean there is a moment where he has them both open and the old one you can see the white borders in the center of the book and the new one the center of the book clearly shows the art disappearing into the middle and he is like “Looks good”.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Yeah it is a huge deal that Wolverine Omnibus looks terrible. The gutter loss IMO is horrible. I wanted to buy it but I can’t afford to spend so much money on a bunk book where 15-20% of the art is hidden. If you watch the gem mint video you see how the book won’t even stay open.

I lost a lot of respect for Gem not calling out that issue and saying that it looks fine. I mean there is a moment where he has them both open and the old one you can see the white borders in the center of the book and the new one the center of the book clearly shows the art disappearing into the middle and he is like “Looks good”.
    Yeah I guess him and Near Mint are perhaps hesitant to call it out due to their relationship with Marvel. I don't know if this gets fixed in time for the UXM 1 reprint. Probably not as that is coming up soon. I can only hope something gets done before UXM 2, 3 and Infinity Gauntlet. I definitely am having doubts about buying any new releases as well if this will continue being an issue. I don't know why these publishers keep changing printers. If one works really well, keep it as any lost profits will be made up with customer appreciation and more pre-orders.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I guess him and Near Mint are perhaps hesitant to call it out due to their relationship with Marvel. I don't know if this gets fixed in time for the UXM 1 reprint. Probably not as that is coming up soon. I can only hope something gets done before UXM 2, 3 and Infinity Gauntlet. I definitely am having doubts about buying any new releases as well if this will continue being an issue. I don't know why these publishers keep changing printers. If one works really well, keep it as any lost profits will be made up with customer appreciation and more pre-orders.
    Yeah it is unfortunate. I am going to skip Wolverine but... I really really want UXF Omnibus which it is a shame it looks like the printer ruined that whole run of books as well... what is that entire printing like 10,000 books that they ruin with all that gutter loss... no eye... won’t stay open... such a shame that they do that to their customers.

And as far as Gem and Near Mint both refusing to admit the problem because they don’t want to jeopardize I guess what is now their official job status with Marvel... they are now just the omnibus version of a shady car salesman that sells people used cars that will break down once you drive them off the lot... sad.
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 02-20-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Spectacular Member

Yeah it is unfortunate. I am going to skip Wolverine but... I really really want UXF Omnibus which it is a shame it looks like the printer ruined that whole run of books as well... what is that entire printing like 10,000 books that they ruin with all that gutter loss... no eye... won’t stay open... such a shame that they do that to their customers.

And as far as Gem and Near Mint both refusing to admit the problem because they don’t want to jeopardize I guess what is now their official job status with Marvel... they are now just the omnibus version of a shady car salesman that sells people used cars that will break down once you drive them off the lot... sad.
    Yeah. This is a total shame and very concerning. I wonder where the cut-off is. I was interested in UXF, ASM JMS 2, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Morbius, SSOC 3, UXM 1 reprint, Miles Morales, Solomon Kane, Ben Reilly, and Conan 4 all in the next few months. I am just crossing my fingers at this point that this printer affects as few of those releases as possible. This could be a disaster because like you said it can potentially ruin a host of books. With such a busy omni release calendar, the timing could not be worse.

Incredible Member

Sorry, late to the party. Were the previous releases of UXF omni and Uncanny v1-3 omnis messed up due to gutter loss or binding or some such? And that is now a concern for their upcoming reprints?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Where are you guys getting that the book won't stay open? I watched the same videos and the book stays open.

Amazing Member

The problem is that the binding don't lift up like in the older book and when you have splash pages there is gutter loose.

They won't change anything, Daredevil by Bendis has very good sale, possible return to China is impossible for obvious reasons and omnibus experts form youtube are very happy with this books.
    Last edited by xanar; 02-20-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Sorry, late to the party. Were the previous releases of UXF omni and Uncanny v1-3 omnis messed up due to gutter loss or binding or some such? And that is now a concern for their upcoming reprints?
    Previous printings of UXF and UXM 1-3 are OOP hence the reprint. Nothing wrong with the old printings as far as I know. The reprints is where the concern is.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Where are you guys getting that the book won't stay open? I watched the same videos and the book stays open.
    Xanar originally pointed this out and I went to recheck. If you watch Gem Mint's Wolverine reprint video (around the 6 min mark) where he has the old omni and reprint laying next to each other you can see the white borders clearly toward the middle. With the reprint, there is massive gutter loss. Too much from the looks of it. If this is affecting the Wolverine reprint, there is reason to worry it will be an issue for more upcoming releases as well. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Nab432; 02-20-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Spectacular Member

Looks like the Vol 1 Daredevil Bendis Omnibus is out of stock again on InStockTrades, I'm definitely getting Vol 2 when it comes back in stock.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    The problem is that the binding don't lift up like in the older book and when you have splash pages there is gutter loose.

They won't change anything, Daredevil by Bendis has very good sale, possible return to China is impossible for obvious reasons and omnibus experts form youtube are very happy with this books.
    Are you saying there is a problem with the Bendis Daredevil Omnibus as well?

Amazing Member

The problem is with books printed in Leo papers and that printing in Malaysia with rectangular spine.
    Here is compare of some new books that will appear on March and April:
    https://youtu.be/cjZAAUdXZNQ
    https://youtu.be/IDu15cZvh8g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hACw1jcJfo
    https://youtu.be/GJ1GS8xb-oc

Daredevil is printing in Leo papers, the old ones mostly in R.R Donnelley
    Here you have old ones and reprint, you can notice that the binding lift up in old books:
    https://youtu.be/eyAVhnNVZEk?t=726

and new
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8doK7yZZic
    https://youtu.be/ne2P2vPfndA
    Last edited by xanar; 02-20-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Xanar originally pointed this out and I went to recheck. If you watch Gem Mint's Wolverine reprint video (around the 6 min mark) where he has the old omni and reprint laying next to each other you can see the white borders clearly toward the middle. With the reprint, there is massive gutter loss. Too much from the looks of it. If this is affecting the Wolverine reprint, there is reason to worry it will be an issue for more upcoming releases as well. Hope that helps.
    That is not the same as "the book won't stay open."

Spectacular Member

Sorry phd strange was saying that. My concern was the gutter loss. If the book isn’t staying open might as well stop releasing omnibus at that point. Though by looking at it you probably do have to hold down this printing a bit when you’re reading the first quarter to a third from the looks of it.
    Last edited by Nab432; 02-20-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Amazing Member

It is connecting each other, see DC books, when the binding doesn't lift up the book won't stay open.
    Here is the example with the same book:
    https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk
    https://youtu.be/GJ1GS8xb-oc