Page 1024 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102010211022102310241025102610271028103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 20754
    All-New Member

I thought Remender X-Force omni came out tomorrow, I missed it. Hope more stock comes in soon.

I can almost guarantee you scalpers are driving a lot of the sell-throughs. An eBay search that shows the same seller moving 8+ copies at double or triple what they paid is pretty easy to find.
    Last edited by Seeker; 03-03-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Mighty Member

Happy Hachette Has Started Loading New Stuff Up Day! There are a bunch of blank listings, so I expect to see a ton more show up soon

I'm skipping over anything that's just the next volume in an ongoing:

Uncanny v2
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302926342/

MMW Defenders 7
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302922269/

Thor: Celestials Saga
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302922498/

Dead Man Logan Complete
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302925390/

Road to Empyre
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302925888/

MMW Hulk v14
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302922306/

F4 Epic: War with Atlantis
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302922023/

FF by Hickman v3
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302926687/

Thor Epic: Thor War
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302927066/

I'm just waiting to see the Star Wars stuff. They never show that in the collections videos . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

That Thor Celestial Saga book fits right in before the "A Kingdom Lost" Thor Epic...too bad it's not branded as an Epic.

Astonishing Member

I'm very curious on what issues Uncanny X-men omnibus vol 4 contain, I doubt it will be all of the issues from From the Ashes to Mutant Massacre

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm very curious on what issues Uncanny X-men omnibus vol 4 contain, I doubt it will be all of the issues from From the Ashes to Mutant Massacre
    There are 15 weirdly blank entries in the Hachette catalog for Marvel. I'm guessing we'll see those fill up in the next day or two. Hopefully that'll get you your answer - the space between v3 and Mutant Massacre seems too big for one omni and too small for two. I'm pretty fascinated to see how many minis and related stories fill it all in.

I was on the fence for the Children of the Atom box set. Omar's video convinced me. I've never read the Silver Age issues of X-Men (and certainly have my expectations), but am also looking forward to reading the Lost Years volume which is completely new to me as well.

I'll double dip once the Uncanny Claremont vols. 1-2 arrive in June and September, but if there's any series I'm happy to own in multiple formats it's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    I was on the fence for the Children of the Atom box set. Omar's video convinced me. I've never read the Silver Age issues of X-Men (and certainly have my expectations), but am also looking forward to reading the Lost Years volume which is completely new to me as well.

I'll double dip once the Uncanny Claremont vols. 1-2 arrive in June and September, but if there's any series I'm happy to own in multiple formats it's X-Men.
    I'm on the fence about the box set. I've bought each other box set, but with this one, it seems like they are reprinting all of the X-Men omnis over time. I'm guessing that the Stan lee omnis, which haven't been reprinted since 2009, will come soon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gobot View Post
    I thought Remender X-Force omni came out tomorrow, I missed it. Hope more stock comes in soon.
    Not sure how long you've been in the OHC/Omni buying cycle, I see you have 2 posts so I think, new to this niche area. The following has no ill will intended or sarcasm just informational.

For the Online sites such as InstockTrades.com the books that have a street date of Wednesday, become available on Tuesday afternoon 3pm(est), 2pm(cst) etc etc.
    Folks tend to sit on their browsers like the guys from Big Bang Theory trying to get SanDiego Comic Con Tickets..refresh, refresh, refresh...add to cart, checkout, order confirmed........complain because the next day it hasn't been picked or scanned!! LOL!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Not sure how long you've been in the OHC/Omni buying cycle, I see you have 2 posts so I think, new to this niche area. The following has no ill will intended or sarcasm just informational.

For the Online sites such as InstockTrades.com the books that have a street date of Wednesday, become available on Tuesday afternoon 3pm(est), 2pm(cst) etc etc.
    Folks tend to sit on their browsers like the guys from Big Bang Theory trying to get SanDiego Comic Con Tickets..refresh, refresh, refresh...add to cart, checkout, order confirmed........complain because the next day it hasn't been picked or scanned!! LOL!
    Guilty lol. Especially seeing as what has happened with Daredevil and now UXF, I'll definitely be getting highly anticipated omnis right at or around 2 pm on Tuesdays. I don't complain about the picking or scanning though as I assume you cannot even place an order unless they have the inventory to fill your order. Once the order is placed, I am assuming there wont be any issues other than maybe receiving it a bit later than normal as IST has been a little slower lately in delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Is it confirmed to be coming out this year, or is there a possibility of it coming early next year?

I'd imagine they wouldn't release it until the UXM3 reprint, and if the UXM2 reprint comes in September, I feel like we won't get 3 until the very end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Is it confirmed to be coming out this year, or is there a possibility of it coming early next year?

I'd imagine they wouldn't release it until the UXM3 reprint, and if the UXM2 reprint comes in September, I feel like we won't get 3 until the very end of the year.
    I believe UXM4 is confirmed to be released in November 2020. My spreadsheet shows the X-men related reprints and new volumes as:

Astonishing X-Men (Whedon) - 21-April-2020
    UXM vol. 1 (Claremont) - 9-June-2020
    UXM vol. 2 (Claremont) - September 2020
    Excalibur - September 2020
    UXM vol. 3 (Claremont) - October 2020
    X-Men vol. 1 (Claremont/Lee) - October 2020
    New Mutants - November 2020
    UXM vol. 4 (Claremont) - November 2020
    X-Men (Claremont/Lee) - December 2020

Wow X-Force omnibus went fast on CGN and IST seems like they should get on a 3rd printing of it is a hot item.

Incredible Member

Is there a nuanced answer to the question of why Marvel doesn't reprint these books immediately after they sell out? Why wait years?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Is there a nuanced answer to the question of why Marvel doesn't reprint these books immediately after they sell out? Why wait years?
    If you print N copies and it sells out, that tells you there were N customers (+ scalpers). It doesn't tell you how big a second print run needs to be. For expensive volumes to print, it makes more sense to wait and see if there's a big aftermarket demand, which would allow them to guess at the size of the second print run