Page 1027 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 275279279771017102310241025102610271028102910301031103710771127 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,405 of 20730
    Mighty Member

Seriously, what the heck w/that Cates Cosmic Marvel omni? It's the Thanos by Cates OHC contents + Death of Inhumans + Silver Surfer: Black (which is connected to his Guardians run and would seem better placed w/that OHC). The Thanos by Cates OHC was $35 and these two other minis add $65 to the cover price? That's some ... (I don't know the rules for curse words on the forum, but place your favorite one here).

Everyone harrumph
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

on that video disappointed.... i was hoping to find out the contents of x-men omni vol 4 but i guess its reserved for december

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Seriously, what the heck w/that Cates Cosmic Marvel omni? It's the Thanos by Cates OHC contents + Death of Inhumans + Silver Surfer: Black (which is connected to his Guardians run and would seem better placed w/that OHC). The Thanos by Cates OHC was $35 and these two other minis add $65 to the cover price? That's some ... (I don't know the rules for curse words on the forum, but place your favorite one here).

Everyone harrumph
    480 pgs at $100? That’s insanely light at that price point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    480 pgs at $100? That’s insanely light at that price point.
    Yeah, hard pass. Hopefully people get up in arms about this and they do something more meaningful (either move DotI and SS:B to Guardians or combine it all into one), but those are some BS choices
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

The only stuff I'm interested in from the video are the Excalibur and New Mutants omni. The most prized items are going to be the reprints of Uncanny and Lee's X-Men though. What I really want is to get the mapping for Uncanny 4 but as Rrzerrox21xx points out, probably next month.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

Everyone harrumph
    It's stupid that they didn't include GotG instead of thanos, which was already collected. Now I don't know what to do, as I want death of inhumans and silver surfer (even if I have the treasure edition, I like hardcovers), but I already have thanos

Yeah and on top of that, it looks like they're doing Guardians of the Galaxy by Donny Cates OHC which covers 1-12 and annual for 35 bucks. This will be collected in Omnibus vol.2 for sure too so what's the point? What'd they add more besides Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider to justify another 100 dollar double dip.

So disappointed in Marvel with this one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Yeah and on top of that, it looks like they're doing Guardians of the Galaxy by Donny Cates OHC which covers 1-12 and annual for 35 bucks. This will be collected in Omnibus vol.2 for sure too so what's the point? What'd they add more besides Revenge of the Cosmic Ghost Rider to justify another 100 dollar double dip.

So disappointed in Marvel with this one.
    Yes, I'm also disappointed. With GotG instead of thanos everything would be collected in ohc. But now, I guess they will put GotG with cosmic ghost rider together in a second omnibus, so every cates' cosmic story will be in omnibus. But it's not the best, because cosmic ghost rider is sequel of thanos and silver surfer black starts from GotG, and they would be in different omnibuses.
    Also silver surfer black shouldn't be read before GotG

Weird decision

Bought The Twelve omni. My childhood 90s X-collection has now been acquired in collected editions from Mutant Genesis through The Twelve, where I stopped reading. Haven’t opened it yet so I can’t offer a review, but I’m certainly pleased.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Bought The Twelve omni. My childhood 90s X-collection has now been acquired in collected editions from Mutant Genesis through The Twelve, where I stopped reading. Haven’t opened it yet so I can’t offer a review, but I’m certainly pleased.
    im curious if they will release a omnibus hardcover version of the 3 road to onslaught trades, as well as 1 for onslaught aftermath/trial of gambit, 1 for the seagle/kelly runs(the 2 trades they came out for xmen blue and xmen gold) and then another omnibus for the hunt of professor x/magneto war

Spectacular Member

my Uncanny X-force Omnibus came in the mail yesterday, it is the one with a ribbon, not the square spine... yet the gutter loss is -terrible-. The worst of any omnibus I have bought by far. Thinking about returning it to instocktrades as defective. Very disappointing that so called Omnibus “experts” like Gem Mint and Near Mint both reviewed this Omnibus and yet failed to inform their viewers of the (very obvious) shortcomings inherent in its construction.

The ribbon isn’t a true ribbon at all as the pages aren’t sewn into it but merely like glued on top of it or something. The warping and distortion of the art is unprecedented in all my years of reading comics. The center of the book is an absolute monstrosity with a literal cavern of despair in the center of the book.

I included a picture, in it the “eye” was created by me inserting my finger between the spine and the ribbon to push up in an attempt to try to fix the issue but it doesn’t make any difference at all really. Very disappointed with Marvel and both Gem Mint and Near Mint.

Looks like we need a new reviewer to step up and do honest comparisons from now on. I’m definitely -not- getting Wolverine as the page count is higher than this one and the gutter loss on that will almost certainly make the book unreadable.

In the pacture below notice how the book on top the ribbon rises to create a flat reading surface, then the book below draw a mental line across the ditch in the center of the book and you will realize how massive the distortion of the art really is... page after page after page... and this is the center of the book mind you where there is the LEAST distortion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 03-15-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Amazing Member

I posted it about a month ago, the Wolverine omni is made in other printing house so the binding will different, I thing it will better than the books for Leo papers where the reprint was made.
    I have noticed that in 2020 that only x-men box set was made in that old printing house.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    I posted it about a month ago, the Wolverine omni is made in other printing house so the binding will different, I thing it will better than the books for Leo papers where the reprint was made.
    I have noticed that in 2020 that only x-men box set was made in that old printing house.
    So is the UXF omni the last one where we’ll see issues or are there more upcoming releases where there could be issues?

Amazing Member

Gosh that gutter loss is absolutely terrible. I hope the Wolverine isn't as bad. I see mixed opinions on this, with Gem Mint showing it looking pretty bad but Near Mint Condition's copy seems to be fairly good.

At these prices if binding quality doesn't go back to normal soon there's going to be a major drop in Omnibus collectors. People put good money into these books, the least they can do is maintain quality (especially with prices going up).

Amazing Member

Most "old" ombisues where made in R.R. Donnelley China
    ANNIHILATION OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG
    X-MEN HC SHATTERSHOT
    X-MEN CHILDREN OF ATOM HC BOX SET SLIPCASE

new reprints are made in Leo Printing or sth like that China:
    UNCANNY X-FORCE BY REMENDER OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG
    DAREDEVIL BY BENDIS & MALEEV OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 and 02 NEW PTG
    X-MEN VS APOCALYPSE TWELVE OMNIBUS HC
    SPIDER-MAN MILES MORALES OMNIBUS HC
    NAMOR SUB-MARINER BY BYRNE AND JAE LEE OMNIBUS HC
    ASTONISHING X-MEN WHEDON CASSADAY OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 NEW PTG

In Malaysia ones with flat spines :
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN STRACZYNSKI OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    BLACK WIDOW OMNIBUS HC
    WOLVERINE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 NEW PTG

and that all for now for that new omnibuses that appear or will appear that we know about.

in my personal opinion we have the quality downgrade for more amount of money at some omnis, now I think that DC omnis at about 800 pages are better than the Marvels because I know what I will get.
    Last edited by xanar; 03-15-2020 at 09:33 AM.