Page 103 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 35393991001011021031041051061071131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Is any of the material in the Deadpool Classic Vol. 1 TPB worth checking out or should I just go straight for the Joe Kelly Omnibus?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

When I get a HC in any form I typically start selling off the single issues.
    Single issues have nearly no important value save a few anyway. In my case if I was buying the title month to month I was doing so to insure it kept getting published and not cancelled. Although due to Editorial fiat like Secret Wars sometimes that doesn't matter(Silver Surfer, Deathlok, Moon Knight, Ant-Man others I'm sure) and that's frustrating.

I haven't bought ASM, X-M, FF, IM, Cap, Thor or an Avengers title monthly in over a decade cause frankly Marvel will always, ALWAYS publish those and the title doesn't need my month-to-month dollar to buoy decisions higher up to keep publishing it. Titles like those I mentioned and Black Knight, Scarlet Witch, Hercules etc---those do need the month-to-month dollar. Once I get the HC I then at some point do a bundle lot sell on Ebay then roll that money back into a title or towards a HC.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    What did you think of The Order?
    I loved the Order. I thought that was a good 8-10 issues. Problem with it is that in today's market, it's hard to get new characters enough of a push to make them last and it's hard for people to care. Still, I thought Fraction did some really good work there.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    Is any of the material in the Deadpool Classic Vol. 1 TPB worth checking out or should I just go straight for the Joe Kelly Omnibus?
    I think it's pretty good for what it was. It's just New Mutants 98 and two minis by Waid and Nicieza, but Kelly actually built off of some stuff that takes place there.

All-New Member

Hey just wondering of anyone knows how much the omnibus for Mark Millar's Wolverine is worth?

Quote Originally Posted by losicecreams View Post
    Hey just wondering of anyone knows how much the omnibus for Mark Millar's Wolverine is worth?
    $75 cover price. You can get it for $67.50 on amazon.com or $49.99 over at cheapgraphicnovels.com

Forgive me if this was asked 5 times already but I can't remember and don't have the time to look up 50-100 pages for the answer so I hope somne would be so kind to help me.

IIRC there is a Doctor Strange omnibus solicited. Do we know anything about the content? Is it the Lee-Ditko stuff or later stories?
    If it's the Lee-Ditko thing what would be the best purchase quality wise, the omnibus or the new printing of the Masterworks v1? As we all know the omnibus line took a dip in quality, did the MMW line as well or is it still really well built with good paperstock?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Forgive me if this was asked 5 times already but I can't remember and don't have the time to look up 50-100 pages for the answer so I hope somne would be so kind to help me.

IIRC there is a Doctor Strange omnibus solicited. Do we know anything about the content? Is it the Lee-Ditko stuff or later stories?
    If it's the Lee-Ditko thing what would be the best purchase quality wise, the omnibus or the new printing of the Masterworks v1? As we all know the omnibus line took a dip in quality, did the MMW line as well or is it still really well built with good paperstock?
    I don't have a link to the interview on the MMW boards, but the volume one will ONLY be the Ditko issues. So it will be a somewhat smallish omnibus. Got some complaints on there about that, as they're sticking to a Ditko-only book.
    If they continue, I would assume vols 2+ would be normal size for books like this - typically 3 MMWs per omnibus.

it's solicited on Hatchette as $75 cover price.
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9780785199243/
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know if the Secret Wars mini-series books like Old Man Logan are getting the HC treatment?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know if the Secret Wars mini-series books like Old Man Logan are getting the HC treatment?
    Eventually most will end up in OHC. Last days is collected later this year. It remains to be seen how they collect the rest. Stuff could end up in themed OHCs, like civil war and House of M. But those were staggered releases they weren't released simultaneously.

They could also just put it with the series they're related to. Like Thors ending up in a "Thor by Aaron" omni/collection or Collecting Wierdworld with the new ongoing if it's successful.

I would like a Civil War OHC style collection myself but there's a lot more material for secret wars to cover and it may not all end up in OHC.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Eventually most will end up in OHC. Last days is collected later this year. It remains to be seen how they collect the rest. Stuff could end up in themed OHCs, like civil war and House of M. But those were staggered releases they weren't released simultaneously.

They could also just put it with the series they're related to. Like Thors ending up in a "Thor by Aaron" omni/collection or Collecting Wierdworld with the new ongoing if it's successful.

I would like a Civil War OHC style collection myself but there's a lot more material for secret wars to cover and it may not all end up in OHC.
    Cool, thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post

It could go like the main/companion books, Avengers vs X-men / Original Sin / Inferno Crossovers. Where the main series gets a smaller book and the companion is huge, perhaps even multiple companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Who else likes to keep their single issues after moving on to their respective hardcovers?

Sort of gives me a safe feeling to have them safe and stored in their mylar bags, should their hardcover counterparts fall apart. I typically only do this for my favorite books, such as Morrison's Batman, TMNT, and Ultimate Spider-Man.
    I keep my favorite runs on hc, floppies and digital as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Who else likes to keep their single issues after moving on to their respective hardcovers?

Sort of gives me a safe feeling to have them safe and stored in their mylar bags, should their hardcover counterparts fall apart. I typically only do this for my favorite books, such as Morrison's Batman, TMNT, and Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Singles are my nemsis. If I upgrade singles to any form I get rid of the singles. Although it's been years since I've bought a single. Marvel Unlimited has replaced the need for them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I don't have a link to the interview on the MMW boards, but the volume one will ONLY be the Ditko issues. So it will be a somewhat smallish omnibus. Got some complaints on there about that, as they're sticking to a Ditko-only book.
    If they continue, I would assume vols 2+ would be normal size for books like this - typically 3 MMWs per omnibus.

it's solicited on Hatchette as $75 cover price.
    https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9780785199243/
    thanks for the info. So the MMW is 336 pages for $50 RRP an the omni will be 456pg for $75 RRP.
    So the deciding factor would be the quality I think if anybody could confirm that the new printing of the MMW is still superior to the omnibuses. IF not or just slightly then I will wait for the omni.