Page 1030 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 305309309801020102610271028102910301031103210331034104010801130 ... LastLast
Results 15,436 to 15,450 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE VOL. 5 HC
    Written by MARK GRUENWALD & RALPH MACCHIO
    with BILL MANTLO, JO DUFFY, JOHN BYRNE, PETER B. GILLIS, STEVEN GRANT, MARV WOLFMAN, ALLYN BRODSKY & DAVID MICHELINIE
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE & GEORGE PÉREZ with
    FRANK MILLER, CHIC STONE, ALAN KUPPERBERG & JIM CRAIG
    Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    ON SALE SEPTEMBER 2020
    Benjamin J. Grimm — the world’s one and only Ever-Lovin’ Blue-Eyed Thing — doesn’t shy away from any fight. And in this Marvel Masterworks edition, he’ll have to plow through the Machinesmith, the hated Yancy Street Gang, Graviton, Crossfire and even his younger self! But he’s not fighting alone: The Thing will battle alongside Jack of Hearts, Doctor Strange, the Inhumans, Moon Knight and the Human Torch — as well as the Marvel Universe’s greatest poker club! But all this action is just a prelude to Gruenwald, Macchio, Byrne and Pérez’s all-time classic: the PROJECT PEGASUS SAGA! The Project is part advanced energy research facility and part super villain prison — and that makes for one dangerous (and exciting!) combination when the inmates break out! Plus: Don’t miss the incorrigible Impossible Man’s attack on the Marvel Bullpen! Collecting MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #47-60 and ANNUAL #4.
    320 PGS./All Ages …$75.00

INCREDIBLE HULK BY PETER DAVID OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by PETER DAVID, TOM FIELD & MORE
    Penciled by DALE KEOWN, BILL JAASKA, GARY BARKER, HERB TRIMPE, ANDREW WILDMAN, JAN DUURSEMA, CHRIS BACHALO, ANGEL MEDINA, RON WAGNER, KEVIN MAGUIRE & MORE
    Covers by DALE KEOWN (HULK VS. HULK COVER & ANNIVERSARY COVER-DM ONLY)
    Peter David’s groundbreaking run continues! The Hulk is finally getting his head together, with Doc Samson’s help — but will the dominant personality end up being gray, green or something new? Either way, he’ll need both brains and brawn when the mysterious Pantheon comes calling with an offer of recruitment! The gray Hulk battles Freedom Force, the Super-Skrull and the Rhino — while the Green Goliath takes on the Abomination, the U-Foes and X-Factor! Meanwhile, Rick Jones falls in love — but will tragedy strike when a face from his past surfaces? The Hulk revisits his origins in an anniversary psychodrama and teams with the Punisher for a Las Vegas homecoming. But events build to a (great big) head when the Leader returns! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #369-400 and ANNUAL #16-18, X-FACTOR #76 and material from MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL #2.
    1048 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by BRENT ANDERSON
    Cover by BRENT ANDERSON
    In 1982, writer Chris Claremont was in the midst of his legendary run on UNCANNY X-MEN, changing the comics landscape forever and creating a new standard for super hero fiction! With a wealth of ideas, Claremont wasn’t contained to the main title alone, and he joined forces with industry giant Brent Anderson for a graphic novel titled God Loves, Man Kills. This groundbreaking story saw the X-Men teaming up with their most bitter enemy, Magneto, against an adversary threatening all of mutantkind in the name of God. Now, Marvel proudly presents this all-new edition of one of Marvel’s finest ever tales — complete with a new framing sequence by the original creators and a gallery of celebratory variant covers by Marcos Martin! Collecting X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #1-2.
    120 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92731-8
    Trim size: 9-1/4 x 13

INFINITY CRUSADE OMNIBUS
    Written by JIM STARLIN, RON MARZ, LEN KAMINSKI, ROY THOMAS, DANNY FINGEROTH, MARCUS McLAURIN, SIMON FURMAN, TERRY KAVANAGH, GREGORY WRIGHT & MORE
    Penciled by RON LIM, TOM RANEY, KRIS RENKEWITZ, ANGEL MEDINA, TOM GRINDBERG, BRUCE ZICK, KEVIN HOPGOOD, ANDREW CURRIE, ANTHONY WILLIAMS, SCOTT BENEFIEL, PAT BRODERICK, DARIO CARRASCO JR., STEPHEN PLATT, CULLY HAMNER, ERNIE STINER, KEVIN KOBASIC, GEOF ISHERWOOD, ALEX SAVIUK, STEVEN BUTLER & MORE
    Covers by RONALD LIM & STEPHEN PLATT (DM ONLY)
    Jim Starlin’s classic Infinity Trilogy concludes — and everyone’s invited! The Goddess, Adam Warlock’s unadulterated good side, has come to bring peace and love to the universe. She has stopped all crime. Captain America and Spider-Man are on her side. Thanos and Mephisto stand against her. So how can the Goddess be the bad guy? As Earth’s heroes turn against one another, the Goddess’ true goals become apparent — and Adam Warlock must seek answers within! Prepare for a cosmic crisis…of faith! Collecting INFINITY CRUSADE #1-6, WARLOCK CHRONICLES #1-5, WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #18-22, THOR (1966) #463-467, IRON MAN (1968) #294-295, AVENGERS WEST COAST #96-97, DARKHAWK #30-31, CAGE (1992) #17, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #124-125 and #127, MARC SPECTOR: MOON KNIGHT #57, SILVER SURFER (1987) #83-85 and DEATHLOK (1991) #28 — and material from DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME #54-56, ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) #122-123 and #126, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #104-106, SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK #16-17 and DEATHLOK (1991) #29.
    1200 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^^
    Marvel is telling us that the alternate cover to Infinity Crusade Omnibus is the Spider-man/Moon Knight cover?! While super cool it seems a bit odd.

Totally on board for Excalibur, Conan v5, Peter David Hulk v2 and Infinity Crusade!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

I'm hyped for Excalibur Omni. I also like the new selection they made for the issues covered by this volume.

Amazing Member

Super hyped for Excalibur Omni!!

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Hmmm which Excalibur cover? I love the variant.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 03-21-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hmmm which Excalibur cover? I love the variant.
    Both are equally nice imo, but I think I'll settle on the regular cover for this one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Both are equally nice imo, but I think I'll settle on the regular cover for this one.
    I have to agree. Both are very nice but having Big Ben and Westminster in the background seals the regular cover for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    For someone trying to collect most of the X-Men run, is Excalibur a recommended pickup or is it apples and oranges?
    It’s mostly separate from the main X-Men titles. But it does have Kitty, Nightcrawler, and Rachel having adventures with Captain Britain’s setting and characters. For any fan of Claremont or Alan Davis, this should be an automatic buy.

There is a lot of filler in there. And the mapping is strange. It collects up to issue 49 which is right before the big climax in issue 50.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Hopefully that seemingly illogical break at #49 means they are very optimistic about a volume 2 pending sales. If so, lets not let them down folks!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

For those unaware, Diamond will cease sending new books starting 4/1/2020:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...n-Distribution

This has been discussed on other message boards. No one really knows how this will play out - if Amazon will still get books but LCS and Instocktrades and CheapGraphicNovels will not?
    This is not unexpected, but still a bummer. I'm sure a lot of the books that have been future solicited have already been printed/partially printed and are sitting in warehouses, so those will get shipped out once all of this is over. But for those solicited to come out in SEP/OCT/etc... - I have no idea if those have even went to a printer yet.

These are challenging times for everyone, this industry included. I think anything that's been solicited past 4/1 will just get put on the backburner. How these get pushed out once we're done with all this, who knows? We will have to wait and see.

There's also been much talk about how this will change the business model of comics (and many other lines of business, too, for that matter). I would imagine there will be a lot of small, independent LCS' that end up closing for good. And possibly smaller comic publishers as well. Marvel has Disney, DC has Warner Bros, they aren't going anywhere, although their future output could be different.

I think there is still a definite market for physical books, I think the fandom on this and other boards proves that, but let's be serious - it's a small population. Digital has a lot lower costs; you have to wonder moving out of this, if the whole model of creating and distributing comics will change for good. And I really hope that all of these books that were previously solicited by Marvel (and DC and other publishers, too!) actually come to fruition at the other side of this. Most retail-centric companies are losing money in some manner during this time, perhaps Marvel goes back to the drawing board and decides what omnibuses to keep and what to punt - maybe more niche books that would have lower through put like the "Marvel Classics" or "Golden Age vol 2" get pushed out.

Not trying to be doom and gloom, just trying to be realistic. Let's all hope that the industry comes out the other side of this stronger than before.

And stay safe. Regardless of comics, or the economy as a whole, people are dying. Lots of people who aren't in Seattle or NYC think this is overblown - it's not. Be smart, stay home, wear a mask when you go out. Even if you're younger, you could still be a carrier and pass it to someone in their 50's or 60's or older. You don't want to be that person, I don't want to be that person. Look after your parents (if they're still around), look after your neighbors, peace to you all.
    -Brian
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Amazing Member

Are we sure that physical sales are still going down? Most of the people I know had embraced digital for many years until recently where they realized they missed physical books and are going back to them. I thought the Marvel omnibus sales for example were trending up. It might just depend on the editions. Just my hunch and I could be wrong but I would think if people want to go physical they probably aim for the highest quality available to the format.

Yes this is sad news, but this is temporary. The United States appears to have taken stronger measures than other EU countries like Italy, and if everyone stays home as we're advised to do, this could be peaking in the next 2 weeks and getting better from there. If we're fortunate enough within 6 to 8 weeks activity could resume within many communities.