Page 104 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 454941001011021031041051061071081141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The Miller DD and Elektra omnibus are actually very well designed from a graphic design standpoint...the colour schemes and font are cohesive and have a Frank Miller feel to them. It's just that they don't match all the other omnibus out there.
    Agreed--I love the way the Miller omnibuses look! I actually don't like the homogeneous look of most of the other books, especially if they don't even have the character/series logo on the spine (only some of them do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    When I get a HC in any form I typically start selling off the single issues.
    Same here. I've held on to a few that I was super-nostalgic about (stuff I had when I was a kid, where the newsprint feel (and smell!) is important), but mostly they go right up for sale.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Singles are my nemsis. If I upgrade singles to any form I get rid of the singles. Although it's been years since I've bought a single. Marvel Unlimited has replaced the need for them for me.
    I hear ya.
    The advertisements and cheap build really take away from the reading experience, but they certainly look beautiful when they've got a great cover and are sealed in plastic.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Who else likes to keep their single issues after moving on to their respective hardcovers? .
    The only floppies I keep are the ones I plan on binding.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Just a heads up: many omnibuses are being cleared out of Marvel warehouses.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...oung-avengers/

Oh nice! That Claremont X-Men Omnibus....

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Just a heads up: many omnibuses are being cleared out of Marvel warehouses.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...oung-avengers/
    Surprised to see the IG, Spider-Man Stern, Thor 2 and Iron Man ones clearanced. Some of those were already becoming scarce in certain quarters.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

The annoying thing is we never see any of these discounted books make their way across the Atlantic.

I'd snap up both those Iron Man omni's straight away.

Hopefully PRGrafix might be able to snag a few for us

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

How would someone in the UK go about finding good deals on these books?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    After a quick cursory check around the internets, nothing is discounted yet. No $30 omnibuses showing up for these titles as of yet. It will either take awhile, like a few weeks, etc..., or else that article is full of it. Only time will tell.
    It feels like some of those HAVE to be wrong. Like the Claremont/Lee ones, New Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet - those have been going above MSRP for awhile now, right? That article doesn't feel right. Some of those, sure, like the Uncanny Avengers, Muppets, Marvel Now, etc... but others, not so much.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    I use isbns.co.uk
    put them in a whishlist and check the prices every day (click on them individually otherwise the site won't update the prices in your list unfortunately).
    Also, keep an eye on PR Graphix.
    Cheap-comics might do some clearance as well, currently they have some good deals but they only worth it if you order multiple books since they have a 15 euro flat rate shipping price.

Fantastic Member

Looks like it's time to finally get the X-Statix omnibus!

Incredible Member

How many copies of X-Statix did Marvel print? That thing has been on clearance for years now.

I was initially a little surprised about Howard the Duck being on clearance. But it didn't even sell 1,000 units the first month the reprint was out, so it shouldn't be that surprising I guess.

The Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus sold tremendously well, so Marvel must have overprinted the heck out of it. If this clearance run makes it OOP, then it's probably going to fetch some crazy aftermarket prices come Infinity Wars film time.

PunisherMAX also sold below that sort-of threshold of 1,000 units and it also took a long time for that to hit clearance. I know some on this thread will be happy about that.

I'm hoping to snag the Busiek Iron Man Omnibus finally. I've long suspected that for clearance but it finally took Marvel years to pull the trigger on it.

Young Avengers sold really well initially so Marvel must have overprinted it quite a bit. It's already available for $30. If you bought it at release with the IST discount it was $24. I wonder how low this will go in price.

Spider-Man by Uncle Rog sold decently well too according to the DM sales data, so they must have overprinted this a bit as well.

Also, this is what someone in the comments on that BC article:

I just talked with a friend who runs a book/comic shop, and he's getting me a Howard the Duck that will probably cost me $25. The discounts aren't as insane as when Marvel had to unload the John Carter, Warlord of Mars omniubus, but still pretty good discounts it sounds like. My friend said most of the more mainstream stuff looked like it was already sold out, but the more oddball stuff like Howard the Duck, the Oz stuff and some of the Dark Tower things they had were still available with a good discount (I think Muppets was still available also).

He said there were other omnibi that were also listed, things like at least one of the Hickman FF volumes, the second John Byrne FF omnibus, other Dark Tower omnibi, etc.
    So maybe there won't be that many of a lot of these books floating around or at such low prices. But who knows. I guess we'll see on eBay and Amazon Marketplace very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    How many copies of X-Statix did Marvel print? That thing has been on clearance for years now.

I was initially a little surprised about Howard the Duck being on clearance. But it didn't even sell 1,000 units the first month the reprint was out, so it shouldn't be that surprising I guess.

The Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus sold tremendously well, so Marvel must have overprinted the heck out of it. If this clearance run makes it OOP, then it's probably going to fetch some crazy aftermarket prices come Infinity Wars film time.

PunisherMAX also sold below that sort-of threshold of 1,000 units and it also took a long time for that to hit clearance. I know some on this thread will be happy about that.

I'm hoping to snag the Busiek Iron Man Omnibus finally. I've long suspected that for clearance but it finally took Marvel years to pull the trigger on it.

Young Avengers sold really well initially so Marvel must have overprinted it quite a bit. It's already available for $30. If you bought it at release with the IST discount it was $24. I wonder how low this will go in price.

Spider-Man by Uncle Rog sold decently well too according to the DM sales data, so they must have overprinted this a bit as well.

Also, this is what someone in the comments on that BC article:

So maybe there won't be that many of a lot of these books floating around or at such low prices. But who knows. I guess we'll see on eBay and Amazon Marketplace very soon.
    I suspect you're right about Infinity Gauntlet. I also think the Punisher Max could be another one that fetches crazy prices down the line (think Aaron's Ghost Rider). I hope this is lesson to Marvel to quite selling slack ass omnibus books for $100 (I'm talking about you, Punisher).
    I doubt it, tho.

BANNED

Young Avengers has been 24£ with shipping for a while in Amazon UK, guess i'll nab it now.