Page 1049 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 4954994999910391045104610471048104910501051105210531059 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 16287
  1. #15721
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    144

    Default

    So... we have conflicting reports.

    I received the ASM by JMS Vol. 2 a couple weeks (?) ago from Amazon. The corners were smashed in so I returned for a full refund. Unfortunately, I didn't inspect it to see the binding.

  2. #15722
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Probably you can stretch the spine, and it is more flexibly, for example here is my upgraded version of BATMAN BY SNYDER & CAPULLO OMNIBUS :

    https://forum.komikspec.pl/komiksy-a...7449/#msg67449

  3. #15723
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So I’m thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    Last edited by Nab432; 05-26-2020 at 09:25 PM.

  4. #15724
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    No one sees the books that will be made in 4 months, Do you suggest that he travel in time, than back from the future and he have "advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now" - man, to much comics

  5. #15725
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    Look here:

    The Black Widow Strikes Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/oVSYpeWGkwE?t=639

    Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 2
    https://youtu.be/B-dilAzXkMQ?t=798

    Wolverine Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk?t=614
    Thx for the links. Yes, slightly conflicting. However, it doesn't change the fact that although Omar does mention the tight binding, he seems to be totally fine with the square/tight binding even justifying it by using his many years of reading Omnibuses and it's something that one can come across. We'll, for me it is definitely a massive step back for Marvel and similar to the general DC tight standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So Iím thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if Iím mistaken.
    Yeah, I'm kind of hoping the same if at all possible. I've pre-ordered the Quesada Variant and I'm "patiently" waiting for an improved "eye" copy.

  6. #15726
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Just getting on here to confirm the misprint in Vol. 1 of Bendis Daredevil omni. (Probably not necessary) And by the way - man do these stink! Literally. I mean volumes 1 and 2 have a nasty smell taking them out of the plastic that I'm not used to with omnis.

  7. #15727
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Here is better photo:


  8. #15728
    Mighty Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So I’m thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    It's not glued. There are signatures, therefore it is sewn binding. That line of glue that is seen does not make the binding glued.

  9. #15729
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Of course it is not glue, they will make 50% books with sewn binding and 50% glued or what ? That guy that posted one photo and wrote "Here's a picture as proof" no it is not the proof, not for one picture like this, it is manipulation.

  10. #15730
    Fantastic Member The Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Whether it's glued or sewn is semantics. The important fact is it doesn't open correctly and is an incredibly poor effort for a so called "premium" product.

  11. #15731
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Like DC prenium product It is premium only because of it is price. For example Image or Black Horse have more reasonable prices (50 $ cover price) for their big hardcovers.

  12. #15732
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Whether it's glued or sewn is semantics. The important fact is it doesn't open correctly and is an incredibly poor effort for a so called "premium" product.
    I do hope they get their act together regarding the tight binding. A few years ago, the disappearance of faux leather covers and the switch to thinner paper was quite a blow for many of us. In time, we learnt to live with it but the tight binding will test our nerves no end with regards to reading satisfaction. Quite a few of our fellow collectors over on the Masterworks Forum are sticking with their smaller trades as opposed to picking up the new tighter Omnibuses.

  13. #15733
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I do hope they get their act together regarding the tight binding. A few years ago, the disappearance of faux leather covers and the switch to thinner paper was quite a blow for many of us. In time, we learnt to live with it but the tight binding will test our nerves no end with regards to reading satisfaction. Quite a few of our fellow collectors over on the Masterworks Forum are sticking with their smaller trades as opposed to picking up the new tighter Omnibuses.
    Can't we, as a whole, tell Omar and he can pass on to Marvel as a serious concern /complaint? There's got to be a way to tell Marvel to quit cheapening up their omnibus books.

  14. #15734
    Incredible Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Can't we, as a whole, tell Omar and he can pass on to Marvel as a serious concern /complaint? There's got to be a way to tell Marvel to quit cheapening up their omnibus books.
    You say this like Marvel isn't aware they're doing it. They're a business intent on maximizing profit. They have been steadily decreasing quality and raising prices and the bottom line is that people keep buying the books. I would think that unless there is a serious decrease in sales, that trend is not likely to change.

  15. #15735
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    You say this like Marvel isn't aware they're doing it. They're a business intent on maximizing profit. They have been steadily decreasing quality and raising prices and the bottom line is that people keep buying the books. I would think that unless there is a serious decrease in sales, that trend is not likely to change.
    Ok. Nevermind guys. Let's just cross our fingers and hope it gets better. Hopefully that works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •