Page 105 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 20754
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Hasn't X-Statix been on clearance for years? I got it for like £15 from cheap-comics.com almost 2 years ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Hasn't X-Statix been on clearance for years? I got it for like £15 from cheap-comics.com almost 2 years ago.
    I got mine for $37 in April 2013. So yeah it's been around on clearance forever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I got mine for $37 in April 2013. So yeah it's been around on clearance forever.
    You remember to the dollar how much paid for something 3 years ago!? Lol, impressive.

Interesting. I hope I can finally pick up OZ for a decent price. $125 is waaay too much for that book. I'm also really excited to see if I can get the X-Force omnibus.......hahahahahaha. Just kidding. I am completely unsurprised by most of these going into the bargain bin.

Fantastic Member

Where should I be looking for great deals on these omnibi?

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Id like to know as well, any chance places like ist/CGN will just lower their prices one day?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Snapping up a few Infinity Gauntlet Omnis for later when the movie comes out and the market has grown sounds wise.
    Too bad I don't have the space for such a venture at this time. I'd bank the difference towards investing in some of my whales.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Man, i went down that list and let out a huge sigh for every book I bought for non-clearout prices. A lot. Most of them I haven't even opened. At least im getting dark tower (didnt see it but someone mentioned it) and claremont v2.

I've just seen that the upcoming Punisher Max complete collection includes Born. The one part of that run I don't have so it looks like they've got me on that one. At least it covers the first two trades and doesn't stop halfway through the third arc or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've just seen that the upcoming Punisher Max complete collection includes Born. The one part of that run I don't have so it looks like they've got me on that one. At least it covers the first two trades and doesn't stop halfway through the third arc or something.
    It looks like MARVEL has already given up on the Punisher Max complete collections. The second volume is scheduled for April and then nothing solicited through August. This would not be the first time Marvel has abandoned a "Complete collection" line before actually completing the collection. X-Factor by Peter David comes to mind and I believe there were some others. Marvel seems to have no patience and demands immediate return on an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    It looks like MARVEL has already given up on the Punisher Max complete collections. The second volume is scheduled for April and then nothing solicited through August. This would not be the first time Marvel has abandoned a "Complete collection" line before actually completing the collection. X-Factor by Peter David comes to mind and I believe there were some others. Marvel seems to have no patience and demands immediate return on an investment.
    I see the sales of both volumes picking up a bit around the release of the second season of Daredevil on Netflix, and the solicitation for the third volume not long after that. I don't think they'll drop this one that soon.

Also, regarding the rest of the discussion, I will try and pick an Infinity Gauntlet omni myself, before it becomes Secret-Wars-impossible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    You remember to the dollar how much paid for something 3 years ago!? Lol, impressive.
    Just a quick search on my email, though I do keep a spreadsheet with my trades and prices paid so I don't double dip.

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Id like to know as well, any chance places like ist/CGN will just lower their prices one day?
    Sometimes places like IST/CGN/TFAW etc. will buy some of these clearance books and put them on sale, or your LCS might if they noticed before things sold out, but often it's the merchants on eBay and Amazon Marketplace (and often enough Alibris and Abe Books - if they're on one site they're often on multiple sites) who basically specialize in buying clearance and remainder books then re-selling them. Clearance/remainder/discount basically their entire business model and they can afford to do it because usually they're selling so many books that they have deals to pay for shipping by the total weight in a specified period, not per package. So basically keep your eye out anywhere, but I think it will be most obvious on eBay and Amazon Marketplace when the clearance books are hitting the market at reduced prices.

Without a Diamond account though, we can't take advantage of these discounted prices...?

You could always talk to your LCS. I know mine picks up a lot of these clearance Omni and uses them for promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    You could always talk to your LCS. I know mine picks up a lot of these clearance Omni and uses them for promotions.
    Unless some of the other shops got some quick orders in I would bet the CGN ordered as many as they could get of the good titles (X-men ones, Infinity Gauntlet etc...) to then hold and sell at much higher prices when they go OOP everywhere else.

Interesting seeing some of the same titles on clearance as the last one back in 2013. That means they could not clear them out back then on first go around.....ouch

As Rimmer mentioned. Time will tell what gets out to the public at truly discounted prices.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 01-16-2016 at 08:17 AM.