Page 1052 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 5255295210021042104810491050105110521053105410551056106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 15,766 to 15,780 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I see all this talk about TOW. Why not CGN? Does nobody here use them? I pre-ordered Silver Surfer omni from them. I think this is my first time going through CGN, hope I don't regret it.
    I find them scummy. It seems like they are practically scouring IST and constantly refreshing their page to see if something goes out of stock so they can up their price. Honestly, I know its more likely that they also get inside info since they are a seller, so it's probably a coincidence. But what i have noticed is that a book on my IST wishlist will become unavailable and when I check CGN they have raised their price. Again, they probably just know that it is going out of print because they're also a store, but raising the price like that, I don't know, I just find it to be scummy. I have an ebay seller I use frequently that is usually good and priced well but they do the same thing. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but it rubs me the wrong way.

I also read something online once claiming that a guy was at their store and overheard Max, which is who I've dealt with at CGN, telling another employee that a certain omnibus was going out of print in the very near future so they could finally jack up the price and the copies they had been holding in the back and finally make some "real money". I say this fully acknowledging that I did not witness this so the person that made this post could absolutely be lying, but just with stuff I have witness and stuff I've read online, it doesn't paint a great picture so I only use them as a last resort.

And all that said, when I have ordered from them, I don't believe I've ever had an issue with packaging or book arriving in proper condition.
    Last edited by Victor_Von_Doom; 06-13-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Thanks for the replies guys. I mostly worry about the condition the books come in. I guess as long as it's not Amazon I'm happy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    I find them scummy. It seems like they are practically scouring IST and constantly refreshing their page to see if something goes out of stock so they can up their price. Honestly, I know its more likely that they also get inside info since they are a seller, so it's probably a coincidence. But what i have noticed is that a book on my IST wishlist will become unavailable and when I check CGN they have raised their price. Again, they probably just know that it is going out of print because they're also a store, but raising the price like that, I don't know, I just find it to be scummy. I have an ebay seller I use frequently that is usually good and priced well but they do the same thing. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but it rubs me the wrong way.

I also read something online once claiming that a guy was at their store and overheard Max, which is who I've dealt with at CGN, telling another employee that a certain omnibus was going out of print in the very near future so they could finally jack up the price and the copies they had been holding in the back and finally make some "real money". I say this fully acknowledging that I did not witness this so the person that made this post could absolutely be lying, but just with stuff I have witness and stuff I've read online, it doesn't paint a great picture so I only use them as a last resort.

And all that said, when I have ordered from them, I don't believe I've ever had an issue with packaging or book arriving in proper condition.
    I agree with you. I can understand why they do this, but I like IST and DCBS more because they never play with the prices. When an omnibus is out of print one can sometimes find it at CheapGraphicnovels no longer discounted, but sometimes they'll even sell it double the price. I saw that with the Amazing Spiderman 3 which they were selling for like $250 for their last copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Was Silver Surfer 1 already sold out at IST and Cheap Graphic Novels?
    IST has it scheduled for 6/17

I agree with you. I can understand why they do this, but I like IST and DCBS more because they never play with the prices. When an omnibus is out of print one can sometimes find it at CheapGraphicnovels no longer discounted, but sometimes they'll even sell it double the price. I saw that with the Amazing Spiderman 3 which they were selling for like $250 for their last copy.
    Agreed. They have a right to do that, but I certainly have the right to disapprove and stay away. I only use them as a last restore or during their big sales.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    IST has it scheduled for 6/17
    Thanks for sharing. Good to know.

Spectacular Member

I’m seeing everyone pretty excited for this Silver Surfer omni reprint coming out this upcoming week. I can’t make up my mind on it. I worry it’s going to be dated and hokey. Is this one the exception from that era?

Amazing Member

Definitely. It's one of Stan Lee's best imo.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I’m seeing everyone pretty excited for this Silver Surfer omni reprint coming out this upcoming week. I can’t make up my mind on it. I worry it’s going to be dated and hokey. Is this one the exception from that era?
    It is very wordy but it's not boring in any way and is in fact very enjoyable. I have the first printing and it's one of my favourite Omnibuses, I had a blast reading it. John Buscema's art just shines in the oversized format.

Definitely. It's one of Stan Lee's best imo.
    Absolutely agree. It's also one of my favourite runs of all time and caused the skyrider to be one of my favourite heroes.

Spectacular Member

You guys sold me. Also, as I only have the Slott omni, I could use more silver surfer. Now just a matter of which cover to go with. I’m leaning towards the DM variant. I like the all silver.

So unfortunately I wasn't able to get an answer. Can anyone speak to ordering their pre-orders from TOW? With the current state of things selling out so quickly, anyone thinking its gonna be worth it to start doing that Instead of continually refreshing IST? I know for myself, I'm a firefighter so I could get a rescue or fire right at 3 on a Tuesday and by the time I'm done, good chance some of this stuff will be sold out. I'm thinking it might be worth it for me to do, just wanted to know if people have done that and if it was good?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    So unfortunately I wasn't able to get an answer. Can anyone speak to ordering their pre-orders from TOW? With the current state of things selling out so quickly, anyone thinking its gonna be worth it to start doing that Instead of continually refreshing IST? I know for myself, I'm a firefighter so I could get a rescue or fire right at 3 on a Tuesday and by the time I'm done, good chance some of this stuff will be sold out. I'm thinking it might be worth it for me to do, just wanted to know if people have done that and if it was good?
    This is what I have done. i've got preorders lined up for TOW through all they have. Based on crazy sellouts of Uncanny X-Force and a few others, TOW wouldn't allow preorders of Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, or Black Widow, but you can preorder everything else.
    You end up paying like $5-10 more of an omni via them vs. IST on release day, but you're (ideally) guaranteed the book, especially if it's a DM Variant one. Hope this helps. I like to preorder also as it helps me budget. TOW doesn't bill you until it ships.

What I do is you setup preorders on the credit card, but again, it doesn't bill it until it ships, which is typically months away. And then you can just send them payments via Paypal to 'pay off' the preorders as you go along. That's how I do it, anyways.

Thank you for your service!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    This is what I have done. i've got preorders lined up for TOW through all they have. Based on crazy sellouts of Uncanny X-Force and a few others, TOW wouldn't allow preorders of Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, or Black Widow, but you can preorder everything else.
    You end up paying like $5-10 more of an omni via them vs. IST on release day, but you're (ideally) guaranteed the book, especially if it's a DM Variant one. Hope this helps. I like to preorder also as it helps me budget. TOW doesn't bill you until it ships.

What I do is you setup preorders on the credit card, but again, it doesn't bill it until it ships, which is typically months away. And then you can just send them payments via Paypal to 'pay off' the preorders as you go along. That's how I do it, anyways.

Thank you for your service!
    Thank you for the kind words and for your input. I think I will do that, If that recent she-hulk omnibus had sold out like a few minutes earlier I would have missed it because a rescue came in a few minutes before 3. Would have ended up getting it a few days after when it was briefly back on IST but I hate to take the chance.

I think I'll do some preorders with TOW for the likely high in demand ones like Uncanny X-Men, and take my chances on IST with others. I want Absolute Carnage and War of the Realms but something tells me people aren't as excited for those versus stuff like UXM.

Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is up on IST.

If interested, I would grab it now while supplies last.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is up on IST.

If interested, I would grab it now while supplies last.
    Did i already miss it? 4 minutes is all it was up? Seriously?!?