Page 1053 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 20730
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Did i already miss it? 4 minutes is all it was up? Seriously?!?
    Yeah, its gone. That was quick. I was able to get a copy.

Amazing Member

Congrats. I’ve never seen anything like that at IST. Crazy. I guess I’ll pay full price on amazon.

Did i already miss it? 4 minutes is all it was up? Seriously?!?
    I believe it was up at 3PM EST.

I completely forgot, and thankfully remembered by 3:15 and rushed online and crossed my fingers it was still available. So more like 20 mins.

And honestly, 20 minutes is a longer window than usual these days.

Spectacular Member

Congrats. I’ve never seen anything like that at IST. Crazy. I guess I’ll pay full price on amazon.
    I ended up getting the DM Variant cover SS reprint. Every step on my web browser to check out took like a minute. Have a business class internet connection.

Luckily checked at 2:15 cst and was able to get the DM variant for SS reprint.

Thankfully, I decided to pre-order via TOW for this one. Probably going to be my SOP for the rest of the year on titles like this. I'd rather spend a few dollars up front than miss the book and face the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Thankfully, I decided to pre-order via TOW for this one. Probably going to be my SOP for the rest of the year on titles like this. I'd rather spend a few dollars up front than miss the book and face the secondary market.
    Have you gone this route before or is this your first time? I'm considering it and was looking for input from people who have done it.

If you've done it prior, have your experiences been good? Do you consider it overall worth the few extra dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Have you gone this route before or is this your first time? I'm considering it and was looking for input from people who have done it.

If you've done it prior, have your experiences been good? Do you consider it overall worth the few extra dollars?
    I have (3x) and was pleased. They are the same company as IST (return address is IST) and probably set aside the pre-orders from their allotment before posting it live on IST. I paid $58 +$4.66 shipping. Not sure what it was on IST as they were gone before I logged in today. Even if I'd saved the shipping cost it's not worth my time to sit and refresh a browser to hope I hit the lottery. It's a no brainer for me.

It was $58 (42% off)

I thought they updated at 3:00 central time so yeah, missed that one. I'd wager they'll get more copies at some point and wasn't a high priority for me anyway. But She-Hulk by Byrne still being unavailable is slightly worrisome, has demand for omnis gone up that much?

The X-books coming later this year I'll definitely be preordering through ToW though. It's worth it for the piece of mind.

Amazing Member

That was ridiculous. I didn't even see it up and I searched several times throughout the day (Silver Surfer).

I still haven't had my she-hulk shipped either despite having it preordered it on DCBS. Doesn't bode well. Does DCBS sometimes notify that an item was unavailable or do they not oversell and eventually ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I have (3x) and was pleased. They are the same company as IST (return address is IST) and probably set aside the pre-orders from their allotment before posting it live on IST. I paid $58 +$4.66 shipping. Not sure what it was on IST as they were gone before I logged in today. Even if I'd saved the shipping cost it's not worth my time to sit and refresh a browser to hope I hit the lottery. It's a no brainer for me.
    Great, thanks for your input. I love the free shipping over $50 at IST but the way things are going right now on the last several omnis, I'm thinking the few extra bucks are worth it for the peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    That was ridiculous. I didn't even see it up and I searched several times throughout the day (Silver Surfer).

I still haven't had my she-hulk shipped either despite having it preordered it on DCBS. Doesn't bode well. Does DCBS sometimes notify that an item was unavailable or do they not oversell and eventually ship?
    That's what worries me about ordering pre-orders from TOW or DCBS, I'm afraid I'll be sitting there on Tuesdays thinking I'm all good, only to have them not have it available for me and I'm out of luck.

Here is my take on the current issues with limited availability...

I think there a multiple factors to consider. (1) Marvel's omnibus printing schedule this year is quite heavy, particularly with reprints. I think there is a possibility that in order to have so many different offerings, they may have decreased their print runs for some titles. (2) The global pandemic obviously caused chaos with printing & distribution. More than likely printers were shutdown and did not complete their full orders, and of course distribution was disrupted with Diamond's shut down. (3) Financial uncertainty. Online sources may have decreased their initial orders expecting a decrease in customer orders based on the current economy.

Again, these are just my theories. I could be completely missing the mark. However, with all this considered, I do believe we will see more copies of some of these books once things "return to normal".

In the meantime, I think we should get used to "the new norm". If you cannot pre-order & are really invested in a certain book, set yourself a reminder for Tuesday afternoon (3PM EST for IST) & cross your fingers.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    That's what worries me about ordering pre-orders from TOW or DCBS, I'm afraid I'll be sitting there on Tuesdays thinking I'm all good, only to have them not have it available for me and I'm out of luck.
    Yes, I've never had an issue with DCBS but right now they won't even answer email inquiries. I guess they might be overwhelmed and maybe the book will come just fine, but it's kind of disconcerting as the customer to have to sit here wondering. With DCBS I normally preorder on the first two or three days of the monthly cycle, but with She Hulk DM I was busier than usual and only preordered it in the last week. If you want certainty with TOW or DCBS I guess it's best to preorder early too. It sucks that DCBS won't confirm to me one way or another whether I'm getting the book or not.